OVERRATED MOVIES? *flamesuits must be worn beyond this point*

hell goddamn no. Heath ledgers performance was one of the goat

I kinda see where he's coming from. I seen the movie before but i dont see how great the acting was. He played the joker good but everyone thinks it was like one of the goat performances

Honest question. What made it so good?

I kinda see where he's coming from. I seen the movie before but i dont see how great the acting was. He played the joker good but everyone thinks it was like one of the goat performances

Honest question. What made it so good?
the way he portrayed the character. Everything from the voice to the way he moved around was blended into a character that was unique and great

Son really said django and boyz n the hood was overrated?

I actually agree on Django. I didn't even think it was that edgy as people made it out to be and I just didn't think it had the same impact as Inglorious did.

Pursuit of happiness?

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Please tell me how that movie is overrated...
Please tell me how it was good? Because it was a real story right? Because since it was a real story you felt bad for that guy because it really happened.... That alone does not make a movie good. Story moved at a snails pace, was cheesy, and was just overall bad. Its also one of those movies that every one and their mom swears is a 10/10 and it sucks.

Star Wars the originals are booty???

I have been rustled, lol
Yup they are bad. Bad as individual movies, and bad as a trilogy. People are always over rating trilogies though, that, the Godfather, Lord of the Rings, etc etc etc. The Dark Knight Trilogy is the best trilogy ever.

I'm not understanding how a Universally acclaimed trilogy is overrated.
That is the definiton of over rated. People praise something that is actually terrible, IE Star Wars.

So Star Wars is generally loved by critics and audiences, but your saying the movies are terrible?
laugh.gif
Yes they are. The movies rode the wave of space being foriegn at the time when they first dropped and now theyre riding the hype wave. They are bad movies.

Star Wars didnt ride any wave, it created the wave... space movies were popular in the 50s and done with by the late 60s. Star wars is responsible for reviving the genre. It had been nearly 10 years since the public had been enthusiastic about a outer space scifi film (2001 a Space Odyssey). Prior to Star Wars space movies were seen as corny and not much more than a niche market with small cult followings but the original Trilogy got masses of people excited about it world wide.

That being said.... It is overrated. Im not saying it wasnt good, I just find the Star Trek universe to be so much better... but say that around most people and they'll make illogical arguments about why Star Wars is better. Star Wars is actually seen as somewhat "cool" whereas Star Trek is vastly underrated by the masses.

Last edited:
the way he portrayed the character. Everything from the voice to the way he moved around was blended into a character that was unique and great

Ahh i see.

I actually agree on Django. I didn't even think it was that edgy as people made it out to be and I just didn't think it had the same impact as Inglorious did.

I liked it cause i thought the inglorious-esque was great for slavery instead of the holocaust. Plus Jamie foxx is my dude. What if there was one about a Native American? I think that would be cool too

Boyz N The Hood
Django
The Dark Knight (more specifically, Heath Ledgers performance was very overrated)

So ole boy was so immersed into perfecting a character that ultimately lead to his death, and you say his performance was overrated? Say what you want to say about the movie itself but your last post was outlandish b!

Sorry, I agree his performance was overrated. I really didnt like any of the Nolan Batman universe all that much.

Nicholson >>>>

View media item 659243

Last edited:
Tim Burton should be drummed out of the business.

He's awful.

I love lots of his projects

Edward Scissorhands, Beetle Juice, Nightmare Before Christmas, James and the Giant Peach, Ed Wood, Batman, Batman Returns, Big Fish, Mars Attacks are all good in my book.

I also agree that Heath Ledger's performance in the Dark Knight was overrated. That whole movie is overrated. If he didn't pass (god rest his soul), that movie wouldn't have received half the hype that it did.

Last edited:
I also agree that Heath Ledger's performance in the Dark Knight was overrated. That whole movie is overrated. If he didn't pass (god rest his soul), that movie wouldn't have received half the hype that it did.
notsureifserious.jpg

This officially puts the nail in the coffin, I'm reading this thread like dudes gotta be trolling with these posts....but saying Heath's Joker was over rated is by far the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard...dude made that movie.

I know everyone got their own opinions, but chill with that noise about Heath

This officially puts the nail in the coffin, I'm reading this thread like dudes gotta be trolling with these posts....but saying Heath's Joker was over rated is by far the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard...dude made that movie.

I know everyone got their own opinions, but chill with that noise about Heath
He did make the movie. A very average movie. Batman begins is far superior.

Don't get me wrong, his joker was good. Just hella overrated. I couldn't believe the steam that movie gained in Summer 08. Nicholson's Joker >

Dark Knight and Dark Knight Rises are hella overated

I feel asleep watching DKR 

As soon as I saw the Godfather listed in this thread,I knew it was full of bullsheet

It wasn't unique in any sense of the word..He basically mimicked Tom Waites for the entire movie..His tone of voice, speech patern, mannerisms were all a 100% rip off..That's not being a GOAT, that's being a jackass..And whoever said he immersed himself so deeply in his role that is basically killed him is pretty much ignorant..Dude died because he was a junkie, not because of his dedication to acting..

Back
Top Bottom