OVERRATED MOVIES? *flamesuits must be worn beyond this point*

Son really said django and boyz n the hood was overrated?

Django was just boring to me..Jamie did a decent job and the German dude did too, but Leo just seemed so awkward and out of place..And the story wasn't all that great..

Boyz was a fantastic story, but the acting was bad..Fishburne was on point and (I can't believe I'm saying this) Ice Cube was too..But the rest of the cast felt like they were trying way too hard to be overly dramatic..

It wasn't unique in any sense of the word..He basically mimicked Tom Waites for the entire movie..His tone of voice, speech patern, mannerisms were all a 100% rip off..That's not being a GOAT, that's being a jackass..And whoever said he immersed himself so deeply in his role that is basically killed him is pretty much ignorant..Dude died because he was a junkie, not because of his dedication to acting..
man ya'll really don't got respect for that brilliant performance? He might have took some tiny aspects from other actors but he blended it very well with his own unique flare. That's what all the best do. Use other peoples styles along with their own and fuse it into something unique and beautiful. And smh at him being a junkie, the dude had sleeping problems and overdosed accidentally

The Great Gatsby (2013)
Tons of people told me to watch and how good it was. I had read the book and knew the storyline was good.
Sat down and turned it off 10 min in. Really disappointing. Could care less Leo DiCaprio was in it

May be different but Twilight.
Girls go crazy for this damn series saying its so great. I've avoided watching the movies for years
But recently a chick got me to sit down and watch the first one.
Movie was straight trash. Not even because it was a chick flick. Actors, story, effects. All were terrible

Forgot to add the Harry Potter series. I tried to watch them, just couldn't get into it.

Agreed twilight is all kinds of awful.

Last edited by a moderator:
It wasn't unique in any sense of the word..He basically mimicked Tom Waites for the entire movie..His tone of voice, speech patern, mannerisms were all a 100% rip off..That's not being a GOAT, that's being a jackass..And whoever said he immersed himself so deeply in his role that is basically killed him is pretty much ignorant..Dude died because he was a junkie, not because of his dedication to acting..

We all know he died from prescription drugs you big dummy, what you probably don't know is the preparation he had to go through to live up to the standard Jack had set for the character. He even was on record in interviews before his death about how he was taking sleeping medication because he couldn't wind himself down after the role. But that's clearly not dedication to his craft and he was a junkie doe.

For the last two posts, the success of the films was correlated directly with those who had read the books.

As for my most recent bust that was hyped up: This is the End.

man ya'll really don't got respect for that brilliant performance? He might have took some tiny aspects from other actors but he blended it very well with his own unique flare. That's what all the best do. Use other peoples styles along with their own and fuse it into something unique and beautiful. And smh at him being a junkie, the dude had sleeping problems and overdosed accidentally

Yeah that would be cool if he took a little from other actors to make something unique..But Tom Waites is a musician, not an actor..Heath watched old Waites interviews from the 70's and STOLE HIS ENTIRE PERSONA..That's not doing what actors do best, that's blatantly ripping of a real person's life..

And really, "dude had sleeping problems and overdosed accidentally"..That's bull..I have sleeping problems and I'm prescribed medicine for it, and in 8 years of taking the meds I've never come close to accidentally taking more than 1 pill per day..Get off those Heathballs..

We all know he died from prescription drugs you big dummy, what you probably don't know is the preparation he had to go through to live up to the standard Jack had set for the character. He even was on record in interviews before his death about how he was taking sleeping medication because he couldn't wind himself down after the role. But that's clearly not dedication to his craft and he was a junkie doe.

Big dummy?..Ok..He went on record huh?..Sounds like an addict making excuses to me..But you look at it how ever you want..To me he was a big turd that died from drugs and left his daughter without a father..That's not someone to be looked up and admired..That's someone who should be pointed out for what he is, and that my good sir, is a big giant

Big dummy?..Ok..He went on record huh?..Sounds like an addict making excuses to me..But you look at it how ever you want..To me he was a big turd that died from drugs and left his daughter without a father..That's not someone to be looked up and admired..That's someone who should be pointed out for what he is, and that my good sir, is a big giant

So that's the real reason you have a distaste for him?

Walked out on this bulls***

Will_Ferrell_in_Talladega_Nights-_The_Ballad_of_Ricky_Bobby_Wallpaper_1_1280.jpg
I hate this movie, I watched the entire thing with a stoneface.
laugh.gif

He might took the raspy voice but no way in hell did Ledger copy any of the "interrogation scene" from Waiters.

That was just terrific acting

Boyz N The Hood
Django
The Dark Knight (more specifically, Heath Ledgers performance was very overrated)

So ole boy was so immersed into perfecting a character that ultimately lead to his death, and you say his performance was overrated? Say what you want to say about the movie itself but your last post was outlandish b!

Sorry, I agree his performance was overrated. I really didnt like any of the Nolan Batman universe all that much.

Nicholson >>>>

View media item 659243

tumblr_m19kgxAi3H1rrx8xeo2_250.gif

i knew my jimmies would get rustled if i came in this thread....im leaving now :smh:

oh and avatar was an awesome movie visually. but the same story has been literally recycled, save for the minor details that differentiate it. oddly, you would think people cared about that, but it still become box office GOAT. o well.

So that's the real reason you have a distaste for him?

I can't lie that I have a distaste for him, but I will also say that I'm a fan of his work..Just not his Joker role..He, and Jake, were damn near perfect in Brokeback Mountain..And i thought he did a great job in Lords of Dogtown, The Patriot, and Monster's Ball..Putting aside the cowardly fashion in which he died, the man was a true talent and could have went on to become one of the greatest of his generation, or possibly any other..

Boyz N The Hood
Django
The Dark Knight (more specifically, Heath Ledgers performance was very overrated)

So ole boy was so immersed into perfecting a character that ultimately lead to his death, and you say his performance was overrated? Say what you want to say about the movie itself but your last post was outlandish b!

Sorry, I agree his performance was overrated. I really didnt like any of the Nolan Batman universe all that much.

Nicholson >>>>

View media item 659243

tumblr_m19kgxAi3H1rrx8xeo2_250.gif

i knew my jimmies would get rustled if i came in this thread....im leaving now :smh:

oh and avatar was an awesome movie visually. but the same story has been literally recycled, save for the minor details that differentiate it. oddly, you would think people cared about that, but it still become box office GOAT. o well.

It's exactly because of the visuals it was such a hit at the box office. No one went to see it because of the original story or acting, but because it was one of the biggest film spectacles in 20 years. IMAX and 3D like we've never seen before and people were excited to see the visuals. Not to mention, the reason it's #1 is because of the IMAX and 3D extra charges, plus increased ticket prices. Adjusting for inflation, it's only the 14th biggest box office ever.

I don't know anyone who praised Avatar for anything other than the visuals, that's why I don't get why people are so bent out of shape (Antidope) over the "praise". It's an impressive and incredible movie on a visual and audio level, but the story is average and unoriginal and the acting is bad.. but the technical aspects make up for it.

I also agree with a lot of the films being posted in here, although I've enjoyed the majority of them.

I especially agree with the Nolan Batman films. They could've been something really special, but they lose their luster every time I rewatch one. TDKR in particular is very average

Last edited:
big j 33 big j 33 because the movie should have been panned regardless of is visual brilliance, it was that bad. It could have made you see colors that no one ever knew existed and it still would have been trash.

Back
Top Bottom