Our very own Hong Kong Sneaker Guide.

For all guys travelling to HK especially going to Mongkok, please take full caution as there has been a third instance of an Acid in a plastic thrown to thepedestrians walking along Mongkok District, have hurt quite a number of shopgoers....
frown.gif

Originally Posted by sircsetroc

For all guys travelling to HK especially going to Mongkok, please take full caution as there has been a third instance of an Acid in a plastic thrown to the pedestrians walking along Mongkok District, have hurt quite a number of shopgoers....
frown.gif

Damn!

^ yeah, its a pretty unfortunate incident. A crazy guy simply threw a plastic bottle of drain-cleaner onto the pedestrian-only part of the street from therooftop of a building. A family from the Phillipines, incidentally, was also slightly injured from this. Scary. I suggest 'hugging the walls' along thestreets and stay under the covered sections. A lot of crazy people out there...

I THINK there are still 4/19 packs left... not 100% certain, but I'm leaning on 'yes, there are'...

Originally Posted by SinnerP

I THINK there are still 4/19 packs left... not 100% certain, but I'm leaning on 'yes, there are'...

Thanks! I will be visiting soon... hoping to get a pack...

Has anyone tried picking up shoes (Face to Face deal in Lai Chi Kok MTR station) from KIX-Files.com store? Is it safe to do this kind of deal in Hong Kong?
Thanks!

Kix-files appear to be a pretty legit reseller... plus the MTR stations are pretty well-lit and usually have a lot of people around (during the day, anyway)...Should be ok. Just make sure you inspect the shoes fully... and meet-up in the afternoon when there are generally more people around.

Kix-files appear to be a pretty legit reseller... plus the MTR stations are pretty well-lit and usually have a lot of people around (during the day, anyway)... Should be ok. Just make sure you inspect the shoes fully... and meet-up in the afternoon when there are generally more people around.

Thanks Sinnerp... will follow your tips... I hope they still have what i want in July...

hey sinnerP just want to ask how much are the foamposite lite pop amare retailing there? thanks

They retail for around US$170... but I did see one shop sell them for a discounted $130

They retail for around US$170... but I did see one shop sell them for a discounted $130

they still have it there in HK?, when I was there last March, it's the week that they released in HK...cool but not my cup of tea...

^ yeah... we're talking about the white/black ones with the purple trim right? I'm not huge on all these nba packs... yes, they're still availableat various retailers...

hi NT...
any updates on those stores?what's good recently?
a friend of mine will be in Hong Kong tonight...but he's not into sneakers at all,so i'd probably ask him to stick to the malls...

anyway,any places that may have some hyped stuff?Questlove AF1,ZX Footpatrols,or some black/pink Yeezy's maybe?
laugh.gif

'cos honestly,i'd rather get some sneakers that i won't commonly find here in Singapore...

any info will be appreciated...thanks...

This thread helps!
I'll be visiting those shops 1st week of July...
Hoping to find nice kicks!

anybody here lives in china other than hongkong....and knows info on release dates....such as in cities such as beijing or tianjin or something close....?

Just went to HK... what happened to Mongkok? You can't find nice shoes anymore unlike before... I have arranged a local pickup from vmvinc and one of theowners met up with me... Had a nice chat with him.. He told me that the reason why I didn't find nice shoes is because of the recent influx of Japanesetourists. Some **** buy by the bulk leaving other tourists and even locals (HK residents) with a few sneakers to choose from... I was really shocked and a bitdepressed with what Mongkok/HK sneaker scene has become... Oh well, I hope next time the old glory of sneakerland will come back... I was happy though to pickup a jordan III for my bro (c/o vmvinc) and a Nike Huarache light burst cool greys.. also a couple of adidas originals (superstar/rod laver)

July 3, 2009 around 1:30am.. After talking with the vmvinc's boss, I walked outside my hotel (Canton road) ... I saw the Nike Flagship store'sbillboard being stripped off (this billboard is very huge... it covers the 2nd and 3rd floor of the store) ... I stayed for a while to see what they willreplaced it with ... To my delight, they replaced the running billboard with Kobe Dream season and Lebron James XDR billboards... Kobe on one side of the store(Canton Road) .. and Lebron on Haiphong side... they released the Kobe/Lebron XDR in the morning...

Jordan 5 Dark Army in Nike Stores, 1099 HKD .. still cheaper to get here with VIP card..

I think the Kobe Dream Season is also price 1099 HKD...

^hey alex, what aj3 did your bro cop? true blues? how much did vmvinc sell if meetups? thanks

Originally Posted by lbj19

^hey alex, what aj3 did your bro cop? true blues? how much did vmvinc sell if meetups? thanks

the cdp jordan 3 ... the owner just gave me a favor, he's actually too busy ... Anyway, he didn't charge for shipping, since it's local pickup...price is the price in their site in HKD (converted)

Originally Posted by alexeibc

Just went to HK... what happened to Mongkok? You can't find nice shoes anymore unlike before... I have arranged a local pickup from vmvinc and one of the owners met up with me... Had a nice chat with him.. He told me that the reason why I didn't find nice shoes is because of the recent influx of Japanese tourists. Some **** JPN buy by the bulk leaving other tourists and even locals (HK residents) with a few sneakers to choose from... I was really shocked and a bit depressed with what Mongkok/HK sneaker scene has become... Oh well, I hope next time the old glory of sneakerland will come back... I was happy though to pick up a jordan III for my bro (c/o vmvinc) and a Nike Huarache light burst cool greys.. also a couple of adidas originals (superstar/rod laver)

Lol... is that the reason he gave you? Maybe its true, maybe it isn't... but I always felt the reason why we're (HK locals) getting screwed is becauseof resellers (like VMV I suppose)... Nike Basketball (which is not officially a part of Nike HK) has acted shady in the past with their limited releases...

Like the McFly HD's... HK only got 10 pairs I think and oddly, a Yahoo HK auction had 6 pairs up for sale a few hours after the release... I'm notsure, but I think the McFly HD release used a lucky-draw/raffle format... coincidence that the seller had 6 of the 10 pairs? Either some shadybusiness or that seller hired a bunch of people to spend the night lining up for him...
eyes.gif

I'm a cynic, so I believe resellers are exactly why we're getting screwed... just my 2 cents.

some shops there are claiming they are consignment shops, but how can those kicks be consigned if they have a FSR.
laugh.gif

could there be a sneaker mafia in HK? possibly, just come to think of it, owner of Nike Basketball acct is also managing consignment shops, they can easilytransfer stocks from Nike Basketball to those " so called " consigment shops...just my 2 cents though

Originally Posted by sircsetroc

some shops there are claiming they are consignment shops, but how can those kicks be consigned if they have a FSR.
laugh.gif

could there be a sneaker mafia in HK? possibly, just come to think of it, owner of Nike Basketball acct is also managing consignment shops, they can easily transfer stocks from Nike Basketball to those " so called " consigment shops...just my 2 cents though
Lol... is that a fact? it certainly seems feasable and is very possible... those bastards!

The whole "limited sneaker release" using the raffle/lucky draw method keeps reminding me of the "rooftop resurfacing" scene in TheShawshank Redemption... those who have seen the movie will probably know what I'm talking about...

Back
Top Bottom