"OTHER BRAND" - RUNNING shoe thread - asics, saucony, new balance, hoka one one, adidas, reebok, brooks, altra, skechers, etc...

Took the plunge on a pair of Endorphin Pro 2's with a 25% code on Saucony's site. Obviously the ride is unchanged but I do feel the upper improvements (heel and midfoot lockdown), in addition to a slightly more comfortable tongue make this a better shoe for longer efforts. I used them for track intervals this morning and they excel at speedwork, obviously. Happy with them and I think this colorway is way better than the checkerboard pattern :lol:
IMG_6700.jpg

Not a fan of red shoes in general prefer the checkerboard ver but happy that you got a good deal on them 😅👍 agree the new uppers are nice, I feel like they’re more of an aesthetic upgrade really as nothing was wrong with the original.

Saucony Endorphin Speed 2 - Checkered.png

I purchased on the strength of the colorway! I prefer the Pro, but the Reverie cw on the Pro2 is overkill. The cw on the Speed2 was done flawlessly, IMO. It has a good flow to it. TTS for me suits me better for the E Speed line than +1/2. I'm itching to grab one more EPro 1, but the VFN2 NBYs are launching soon...

Yeah same here, prefer the execution of this colourway on the Speed 2 over the Pro2. Have been enjoying mine, hope Saucony can pump out those new colourways quicker than with the Speed 1.

I know it’s not as sexy as the Endorphin or Adios Pro but I took a gamble on the Puma Velocity Nitro back in June and it might be my favorite daily in some time. About an ounce lighter than the Peg 38, breathable upper, soft yet a distinct bounce from the nitrogen infused foam. I’m really impressed!
AA58FC95-43BC-4E0A-BCE9-BF3E67AA514E.jpeg

got my pair back when they launched and put in 200+ miles on them and they held up really well. upper still good and that bounce is still there. great for all kinds of workouts but that bounce makes you wanna go faster

puma's return has been great with their shoe offerings but will prob be a sleeper like reebok and overshadowed by the bigger names of nike, adidas, saucony, hoka, brooks, etc

got my pair back when they launched and put in 200+ miles on them and they held up really well. upper still good and that bounce is still there. great for all kinds of workouts but that bounce makes you wanna go faster

puma's return has been great with their shoe offerings but will prob be a sleeper like reebok and overshadowed by the bigger names of nike, adidas, saucony, hoka, brooks, etc

I think you had recommended these to me about a month ago when Puma had their 40% sale and I was asking about them. For $72 these are an absolute steal. And I'd agree, Puma needs to get some more recognition with their new running line. Compared to the Peg, Brooks Ghost etc that will sell tons these are easily better...They have something fantastic with this Nitro midsole and I'm hopeful they continue to build on this.

I think you had recommended these to me about a month ago when Puma had their 40% sale and I was asking about them. For $72 these are an absolute steal. And I'd agree, Puma needs to get some more recognition with their new running line. Compared to the Peg, Brooks Ghost etc that will sell tons these are easily better...They have something fantastic with this Nitro midsole and I'm hopeful they continue to build on this.

lol seems like forever ago but yeah im a big fan of puma's nitro midsole and its low price point with all the discounts make them a great shoe compared to those you mentioned

i think the only way for them to keep up is adding more to their running roster and having a big marketing push in a way that On does with their brand. just crazy to me how On hasn't really had any standout running shoe, but yet is still so successful in having consumers purchase their products at full retail

503C3361-066A-4763-8AA4-97E2B580E817.jpeg

These just turned up. Did a quick sprint around the block to have a quick feel of them and love them. Went down 0.5 following advice and that seems to be the way to go, although I feel like the toe box height or the knit is a little restricting than other shoes I have but feels fine when running.

It’s a pretty fun ride and better than I expected. They’re springy but have a little pop to them when picking up the pace. Kind of reminds me of the invincible but with a bit more oomph.

Ordered the Magic Speed as well with that asics student 20% off, I think they’d make a good pairing. Also interested in how the Magic Speed stack up to the Endorphin S2.

Anyone try Craft footwear before? Looking at the CTM Ultra M and the Nordic Fuseknit M. There's a few pieces of clothing that look very decent as well.

Yep. These were surprisingly decent on my local single track. With a former sole, the rocker is really prominent which I liked a lot. I did get a blister on one ankle though.

PXL_20210704_183032343~2.jpg

Good to hear 👍 durability holding up on their foam?

have ordered a few pieces of clothing from the CTM and advance ranges and might give one of the shoes a try.

Blue is nice 👍 went with the checkered one myself but I’m really taken with the one shown above! Got to have it. September sounds good, only couple months away! Have the magic speed arriving this week which will keep my legs busy until then lol

Back
Top Bottom