"OTHER BRAND" - RUNNING shoe thread - asics, saucony, new balance, hoka one one, adidas, reebok, brooks, altra, skechers, etc...

16251980309861643271550860308754.jpg

Adizero Adios Pro 2
I went with the same size as the vaporfly next% and have about thumbs width space in both models. Might test it out tomorrow

Finally received the E. Speed 1s after about two weeks from Saucony.

B6F349A8-2A8E-4689-940F-37A39AA6B3C5.jpeg

They’re definitely more roomier in the forefoot than the E. Pro 1 in the same size. I went +1/2 my usual size. They fit okay, but I think I would be better off going TTS next time.

For me, the Speed1 has the same fit as the ZF3, so TTS would suit me best in these models. The Pro has the same fit as the VF, so I feel +1/2 would suit me best for these models.

Design looks badass.

I just took a punt on the Boston 10 in black. Was 35% off on adidas with a code. Will see how it compares to the Speed 2 I’m running in.

I think Boston 10 fall under same category as Endorphin Shift in terms of firm midsole.

Yeah from what I've read from the mixed reviews, it's firmer than the speed and doesn't have that rocker toe off like from the speedroll. For the price I got it for, I'm happy to give it a go, can always turn it into a casual / treadmill shoe.

Finally picked up the Celebration of Sport colourway of the Asics Novablast 2 this morning. Seemed to have sold out immediately the other day then sizes coming back this morning. Excited to try that out as an Invincible replacement, let mine go recently, just wasn't feeling them.

Just after a good trail shoe and possibly the NB Propel V3 and that's it for a little while. I think lol

I have the Boston 10. It's definitely firmer than the speed and isn't as rockered feeling as Saucony's speed roll. I tend to agree that it's more Shift-like in both firmness and weight, but the Shift has a better upper and rocker. I've only put in one 4-mile slowish run but I think it will feel better as it breaks in and seems like it will feel better than the Shift if you pick up the pace. So far it's a little too firm, a little too heavy, and runs a little too warm.

I don’t mind the weight so much but hate it when shoes aren’t breathable. seems there might be a break in period as most people have said. Might try the shift one day if it’s heavily discounted.

I ran three miles using the Adios Pro 2 and my left shoe is popping a la Epic React 1... It's so annoying... maybe I broke an energy rod or something :ohwell:

I went on another run and it was probably some sort of sticky substance on the surface I was running on.
As for the Adios Pro 2 review: I like it. Compared to the Vaporfly 2; I'd take the Vaporfly, but the lightstrike pro cushion is very good and more firm than ZoomX.

I don’t mind the weight so much but hate it when shoes aren’t breathable. seems there might be a break in period as most people have said. Might try the shift one day if it’s heavily discounted.
20210706_111005.jpg

I just ran 3 miles to try out the shift. I love it, never had a sneaker with a rocker sole.

20210706_111005.jpg

I just ran 3 miles to try out the shift. I love it, never had a sneaker with a rocker sole.
The smooth rocker really makes up for the firmness and weight of the midsole. Also, the upper on the Shift is fantastic, but the heel counter is a bit intrusive.

Sounds good. I guess I should try it one day so I can round off my experience with the whole endorphin line :wink: The daily trainer segment is really a minefield for the buyer now with so much choice.

The smooth rocker really makes up for the firmness and weight of the midsole. Also, the upper on the Shift is fantastic, but the heel counter is a bit intrusive.

Seems like the Shift 2's heel counter is toned down and it lost a bit of weight, which are fantastic improvements to an already really solid shoe.

We've been working on this feature for months... So excited to finally see it in y'alls hands. Let me know if you have any feedback!
Only feedback I have is my buddy set up a 5k one. It takes longer runs but only gives you the pace for the whole thing… not sure how that makes it really apples to apples with the comp.

3-4 times a week.

And only if squats and lunges count as glute workouts lol.
Those are always good. I would also suggest maybe some hip abduction workouts and some Bridges with Leg Extensions and stretching as well. I only say this because I was using the Infinity run also and my knee pain faded but I realized the cushion was just masking the real issue which was I wasn't doing any strength & conditioning that focused on preventing knee pain. I always stretched before working out but once I started doing stuff like hip abduction, bridges, leg swings, lunges etc my knees felt like night & day. I only get that knee pain now maybe once every couple months but only from overloading and/or ignoring rest & easy days. You might wanna check videos on YouTube that suggests workouts to prevent knee pain for runners. I went through them and picked out which ones worked for me and so far so good:emoji_thumbsup:

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    3.3 KB · Views: 18
  • 7-Exercises-to-Build-a-Stronger-Runner’s-Butt.jpg
    7-Exercises-to-Build-a-Stronger-Runner’s-Butt.jpg
    666.5 KB · Views: 148
  • pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 281
Those are always good. I would also suggest maybe some hip abduction workouts and some Bridges with Leg Extensions and stretching as well. I only say this because I was using the Infinity run also and my knee pain faded but I realized the cushion was just masking the real issue which was I wasn't doing any strength & conditioning that focused on preventing knee pain. I always stretched before working out but once I started doing stuff like hip abduction, bridges, leg swings, lunges etc my knees felt like night & day. I only get that knee pain now maybe once every couple months but only from overloading and/or ignoring rest & easy days. You might wanna check videos on YouTube that suggests workouts to prevent knee pain for runners. I went through them and picked out which ones worked for me and so far so good:emoji_thumbsup:
Thanks a ton, this has been very informative. I'll take a look into a few videos and incorporate some of these workouts to really help with my running and reducing any pain. Much appreciated!

Just got the Boston 10 in. I’m surprised about the rocker, it’s quite pronounced walking about, kind like Vaporfly territory. Good quality all round. Normal lightstrike feels quite firm (not tried it before), so odd combo with the rocker and a non plush underfoot feel lol as use to plush zoomx or saucony pebax foam.

feels like it could run quite well but not sure whether to just return them. Can’t run and return with adidas I believe unlike Nike.

Just got the Boston 10 in. I’m surprised about the rocker, it’s quite pronounced walking about, kind like Vaporfly territory. Good quality all round. Normal lightstrike feels quite firm (not tried it before), so odd combo with the rocker and a non plush underfoot feel lol as use to plush zoomx or saucony pebax foam.

feels like it could run quite well but not sure whether to just return them. Can’t run and return with adidas I believe unlike Nike.
The build quality and materials are great. I think part of the reason it feels so firm, especially in the heel, is that there does not appear to be any lighstrike pro in the heel (it just cups the heel for added stability and aesthetics) and they put the carbitex plate on top of the big stack of lightstrike, directly under the thin sockliner. If you take the sockliner out, you can see the plate.

The build quality and materials are great. I think part of the reason it feels so firm, especially in the heel, is that there does not appear to be any lighstrike pro in the heel (it just cups the heel for added stability and aesthetics) and they put the carbitex plate on top of the big stack of lightstrike, directly under the thin sockliner. If you take the sockliner out, you can see the plate.
Sounds uncomfortable.

It is, just returned mine, didn’t see myself running in it a lot when I have better shoes to hand.

20% Student discount seems to work on the RC Elite V2 now on the UK NB site (except the launch colourway). If anyone needs let me know.

Back
Top Bottom