"OTHER BRAND" - RUNNING shoe thread - asics, saucony, new balance, hoka one one, adidas, reebok, brooks, altra, skechers, etc...

Here's the info on the page. No pics yet.

YOUR SHOE DETAILS
Men's ASICS® METASPEED SKY :: Run beyond limits with the all new Men's ASICS METASPEED Sky running shoes. With new FLYTEFOAM™ Turbo cushioning paired up with a full-length carbon plate, your energy is gathered and released packing explosive propulsion into every stride. Comfy, engineered mesh wraps your foot for a sleek, supportive fit giving you plenty of airflow. The curved rocker midsole design helps you fly forward while ASICSGRIP™ traction gives you secure touch downs. Aim high in the awesome new METASPEED Sky.

THE NUTS & BOLTS
  • Running Shoe Support: The ASICS METASPEED Sky is a neutral running shoe perfect for neutral runners with medium to high arches that don't need a lot of extra support and want a light, fast and flexible running shoe.
  • Cushion Level: Run your fastest in comfort with maximum soft and responsive Level 5 Cushioning.
  • Midsole Drop: Your Mens ASICS METASPEED Sky has a heel to toe drop of 5 mm.
  • Weight:
  • Perfect For: Long distance running, shorter faster runs, racing, running and training for marathons, breaking PRs and speed training on roads and paved trails.
  • VIP 90-Day Perfect Fit Promise: VIP Family members can test run the ASICS METASPEED Sky risk-free! Run and train in your METASPEED Sky and if for any reason you're not loving them, exchange 'em within 90 days. No questions asked!
RUNNING SHOE TECHNOLOGY

• Soft, Light Upper: The engineered mesh upper hugs the foot for the perfect comfortable fit while providing max airflow to keep feet cool even on your longest runs and final marathon miles.
  • Most Responsive Midsole: Start fast and finish faster with a soft compression at foot-strike and super springy toe-off with ASICS lightest most-responsive FLYTEFOAM™ Turbo Cushioning.
  • Energy Efficient Sole: Get a competitive edge with the curved sole construction you can run with less effort as your foot easily rolls through your stride to help reduce ankle flexion and conserve energy.
  • Propulsive Carbon Plate: Feel your foot propel forward with each step with a full-length carbon plate that helps you elongate your stride by providing better stability so you can get to the finish line faster using less energy.
  • Durable Outsole: The ASICSGRIP™ outsole is light yet durable with superior grip so nothing can slow you down on race day.
Ohh I just wanted the pics...

Two of my other “mini” massage guns were delivered yesterday. I tried them both out, and they certainly did not feel as strong as the HyperVolt or NEX. One of them was more quiet than the NEX though and provided decent force. I may consider keeping that one for work or my car.

I loved the NEX so much that I ordered another one! I went with the red one this time.

I got the NEX today. Speed and power is great! Noise is great. My only complaint is I like to push hard as can be on mine into my leg and the size of this thing makes that a bit hard. But def worth the money!

Would have liked to try the NEX if available here. Have a Musclegun Carbon GO at the moment which is very good. My friend has one of the Theraguns, the portable one and it's much better than that.

These are really really good. I’ve seen comparisons to the OG Peg Turbo, and it’s not quite as bouncy but definitely more cushioned with a lively pop off the pavement. Very versatile and I think Hoka has a hit on their hands.
15E4CFB7-310B-41BC-9388-82D975E37251.jpeg

Last edited:
Not sure if it's the angle but they look massive! :D
Hoka definitely have a hit on their hands, seems like it's selling quite well.

Not sure if it's the angle but they look massive! :D
Hoka definitely have a hit on their hands, seems like it's selling quite well.

They do stick out a bit farther than conventional shoes with the extended heel, etc. It's a very similar fit/profile to the Carbon X2, but they totally disappear on foot!

I think the mach 4 silhouette would look particularly good in an all black iteration, would be tempted to get that if it ever pops up..

These are really really good. I’ve seen comparisons to the OG Peg Turbo, and it’s not quite as bouncy but definitely more cushioned with a lively pop off the pavement. Very versatile and I think Hoka has a hit on their hands.
15E4CFB7-310B-41BC-9388-82D975E37251.jpeg
Got my attention. Any other shoes you can compare these too? Like the Nike react runners or even the Saucony Everun cushion?

Got my attention. Any other shoes you can compare these too? Like the Nike react runners or even the Saucony Everun cushion?

Sure, I’ve run a lot in React based trainers (Infinity, Epic, Peg 37, Vomero 14) as well as Everun in the Kinvara 10. I wouldn’t hesitate to say the ProFly cushion in the Mach 4 is more responsive than all of those. It’s not as bouncy as some of the top end midsoles out there, like ZoomX or PWRRUN PB, or even Asics’ FF Blast. That said, the total package of cushion, bounce, lightness and versatility make this a really good shoe. It won’t be as fast as a Saucony Endorphin Speed or Tempo Next, but it’s not made to do that. I’d be much happier running moderate pace miles in this than either of those two shoes. Hope that helps.

Back
Top Bottom