"OTHER BRAND" - RUNNING shoe thread - asics, saucony, new balance, hoka one one, adidas, reebok, brooks, altra, skechers, etc...

Looks like it's supposed to be the top tier racing model to be paired with the Magic Speed for training.

Hoka x thisisneverthat Speedgoat 4 collab via Hoka.jp on IG.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210312-122842~2.png
    Screenshot_20210312-122842~2.png
    648.5 KB · Views: 24
  • Screenshot_20210312-122847~2.png
    Screenshot_20210312-122847~2.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot_20210312-122852~2.png
    Screenshot_20210312-122852~2.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 19
First impressions are the outsole rubber seems like it’ll last 50 miles max...strange feeling to the touch imho. Shoe’s also about half a size longer than other brands in the same size, eg all my Nikes including Pegs, AFN, VFN; Saucony endorphins; even Adizero Pros. And these things are BRIGHT!

B1DB6517-956B-41D8-BE43-32BF8C4932D9.jpeg

Asics Magic Speed

Product Details
The MAGIC SPEED™ shoe is made for racing or regular training runs. It offers the versatility you need to move your body and your mind towards a new personal best.
Made to propel your foot forward, GUIDESOLE™ technology is combined with a carbon forefoot plate. This creates a smooth rolling sensation as you move through your stride.
Traditionally, when you add more foam to a shoe, you add more weight. By stacking the midsole with FF BLAST™ cushioning, this material adds a responsive feel to your step while keeping the shoe lightweight.

https://www.asics.com/ie/en-ie/magic-speed/p/1011B026-600.html?width=Standard

Men's MAGIC SPEED | SUNRISE RED/WHITE | Running Shoes | ASICS

Men's ASICS® METASPEED SKY :: Run beyond limits with the all new Men's ASICS METASPEED Sky running shoes. With new FLYTEFOAM™ Turbo cushioning paired up with a full-length carbon plate, your energy is gathered and released packing explosive propulsion into every stride. Comfy, engineered mesh wraps your foot for a sleek, supportive fit giving you plenty of airflow. The curved rocker midsole design helps you fly forward while ASICSGRIP™ traction gives you secure touch downs. Aim high in the awesome new METASPEED Sky.

• Soft, Light Upper: The engineered mesh upper hugs the foot for the perfect comfortable fit while providing max airflow to keep feet cool even on your longest runs and final marathon miles.
  • Most Responsive Midsole: Start fast and finish faster with a soft compression at foot-strike and super springy toe-off with ASICS lightest most-responsive FLYTEFOAM™ Turbo Cushioning.
  • Energy Efficient Sole: Get a competitive edge with the curved sole construction you can run with less effort as your foot easily rolls through your stride to help reduce ankle flexion and conserve energy.
  • Propulsive Carbon Plate: Feel your foot propel forward with each step with a full-length carbon plate that helps you elongate your stride by providing better stability so you can get to the finish line faster using less energy.
  • Durable Outsole: The ASICSGRIP™ outsole is light yet durable with superior grip so nothing can slow you down on race day.

I’m about to order a Hypervolt Plus. Do you think it’s worth it to keep the body healthy for marathon training?

i would 100% recommend getting a massage gun if you have the funds for it.
had my hypervolt for a little over a year now, and definitely helps with the recovery process and gets my legs feeling much more fresh. there are other factors that will go into overall body health, but the hypervolt was well worth the investment

I’m about to order a Hypervolt Plus. Do you think it’s worth it to keep the body healthy for marathon training?

Definitely! I feel much more refreshed after having a session with the gun than without one.

After comparing specs, this smaller gun (OYeet NEX) is actually faster than any of the HyperVolts (3200ppm), as it can reach up to 3500ppm. It only weighs 1.3#s, which is less than half of the HV’s weight, and it even has a longer battery life. It sounds slightly more quiet as well. Most important thing, it’s less than half of their prices.

It actually got delivered!

OYeet NEX

34F7BD44-13FF-4706-BE9B-AD2CCD45D465.jpeg

B09A799D-E142-4E32-90EE-0E67788CEDD1.jpeg

64153589-94E4-4AED-B5F2-165AFC136EEA.jpeg

Powerwise, it’s just as strong as the HyperVolt!
Kickstarter type project? When does it actually release?

tbh I’m fine with a $70 eBay one (even after comparing to hypervolt, etc) but I’d want a smaller one I can carry around or use in the car.

Back
Top Bottom