"OTHER BRAND" - RUNNING shoe thread - asics, saucony, new balance, hoka one one, adidas, reebok, brooks, altra, skechers, etc...

Besides Nike what other brands are doing a first responders/medical professional discount? Where can I access it (I have Nikes verification side saved)?

According to believeintherun when Hoka Carbon X v2 will release.
Screen Shot 2020-10-11 at 9.52.20 AM.png

would not have expected it to be firm.. I mean I don’t want something that is like a pillow where you sink into it.. but something that is soft for high mileage slow days
It's regular Powerrun foam, which is firmer than the Powerrun+ or Powerrun PB. But it's soft enough for high mileage slow days, but more responsive than say a typical Hoka EVA midsole.

Should I go down half a size in the rincons?

never had a pair of hokas (but I’m waiting on my recovery slides)

although I don’t run in em, I’ve had to size down in ultraboost.. and didn’t end up buying em but I think flyknit racers too

rfx45 rfx45 i see you have (or had) both the rincons and novablast, which of the 2 would you recommend for nice easy recovery day type runner?

i like rincons, it feels more plush without being too pillowy while also being light, its just my go to next to the infinity reacts

novablast feels more bouncy in comparison and i feel the big heel to toe drop makes it less suitable for easy runs

between the two, rincons much more versatile

i like rincons, it feels more plush without being too pillowy while also being light, its just my go to next to the infinity reacts

novablast feels more bouncy in comparison and i feel the big heel to toe drop makes it less suitable for easy runs

between the two, rincons much more versatile

what about sizing on the rincons?

didn’t want to mess with the infinity reacts since I’ve seen too many people complaining about heel slippage (and I’ve had that with some adidas) plus want to try those other options

was thinking the saucony shift, but as was pointed out by H HK47 and I’ve now seen elsewhere, people have said it’s firm which I’m definitely not looking for (and why I wasn’t a fan of ASICS in general or why I never purchased any mizunos)

Saucony is clearly the first runner up after Nike in terms of providing good/decent cws for their "high end" model(s), IMO. The other brands like ASICS, NB, Brooks, etc. need to step it up!

what about sizing on the rincons?

didn’t want to mess with the infinity reacts since I’ve seen too many people complaining about heel slippage (and I’ve had that with some adidas) plus want to try those other options

was thinking the saucony shift, but as was pointed out by H HK47 and I’ve now seen elsewhere, people have said it’s firm which I’m definitely not looking for (and why I wasn’t a fan of ASICS in general or why I never purchased any mizunos)
I retired my Rincons a while ago, but I got them in my normal size 9.5. I seem to remember that they ran a tad long and were narrower than the Infinitys, Shift, and NovaBlast, but have a lot of volume in the toebox.

Just got my Jackrabbit Speeds in (20% off with the referral code) and am excited to get a run in them.

May just be looking for an everyday easy run shoe now. Probably will go with the wide pegasus.

Should I go down half a size in the rincons?

never had a pair of hokas (but I’m waiting on my recovery slides)

although I don’t run in em, I’ve had to size down in ultraboost.. and didn’t end up buying em but I think flyknit racers too
I run TTS in hokas.

EPro in the Heat cw via IG
ABBA7A86-FDCD-4CA7-98BF-6BA9AC36326D.jpeg

Easily my favorite EPro cw so far. Saucony has stepped it up, imo!

I really want black-based colorway. :frown:

Anybody copping the Adidas Adios Pro Zero? So far, it's still FSR on ADC.

Not feeling that colourway, much prefer the blocking on the endorphin speed citron

CF plate in the EPros versus Carbon infused plate in the ESpeeds, IIRC.

It’s just like 2017 with the OG VF and the OG ZF 1 (sans the pebax).

everything I’ve read/heard about the speeds is that it‘s a great shoe on the whole and versatile as hell

and while it has a plate it’s still soft.. I’ve seen it compared to the Pegasus turbos

didn’t really have an interest and a plated shoes.. but I’m heavily considering getting a pair of the speeds

biggest advantage on the speed is what you get out of that shoe for the price you pay

that doesn’t mean the pro is a bad shoe, but the versatility and ride of the speeds are really great and something you don’t find from other shoes in that price of $160

Anybody copping the Adidas Adios Pro Zero? So far, it's still FSR on ADC.

really, really want to try but it looks like it plagued by the infamous adidas sizing as usual, seth demoor size its like a full size to size and half too big... like wtf adidas!

really, really want to try but it looks like it plagued by the infamous adidas sizing as usual, seth demoor size its like a full size to size and half too big... like wtf adidas!

seths sizing is pretty on point but not sure how accurate he is with the adios pro since i’ve read other reviews saying half size down or tts is ok

i think i might pick it up but also want to hold out on potential discounts like all adidas shoes

Back
Top Bottom