"OTHER BRAND" - RUNNING shoe thread - asics, saucony, new balance, hoka one one, adidas, reebok, brooks, altra, skechers, etc...

Don't really understand the fuss--the shoes are cleared in advance of the actual race.

exactly, shoe checks are done so only legal shoes are being worn.
asics now has me intrigued and glad i held off on the metaracer

exactly, shoe checks are done so only legal shoes are being worn.
asics now has me intrigued and glad i held off on the metaracer

i thought the rule was it has to be sold to the public at least 3 months before competition to be eligible, how did those pass being a prototype and all?

i thought the rule was it has to be sold to the public at least 3 months before competition to be eligible, how did those pass being a prototype and all?

yeah i was a bit skeptical of that but with the amendments and all that made recently, i think they got the okay to use the shoe

BCA24144-87FE-4DF9-A9BB-5CAB89943550.jpeg

seems bs to me because we all know if it was nike introducing something new that no one has heard of for kipchoge today then the running world would have exploded even if it was "readily available" to all other elite competitors

Went in to get my foot Gait analyzed and found that I’ve been buying shoes 1.5 sizes too small for years. Walked out with a new pair of shoes since I’m going to try out running until Jiu Jitsu comes back.
C675B4EC-201B-4765-ACC7-CA7CD99F350D.jpeg

asics definitely need to put some of th edynablast cw creativity to the MRs

1601920239436.png

1601920251587.png

1601920396645.png

1601920292445.png

yeah the whole thing is messy right now and i looked more into it after my post and the main point i’ve taken out of my research is that they’re trying to level the playing field for unsponsored athletes that do not have access to shoes the way a sponsored athlete would.

i could be wrong, but i don’t think nike or adidas at the moment had anything in terms of a prototype ready for their athletes to wear yet, or maybe none of the athletes felt like the prototypes were good enough, but honestly would not be surprised to see more scenarios like this until the end of the tokyo olympics.

Read somewhere the Carbon X 2 is a little softer than v. 1 which, if true, would be a welcome improvement on an already fantastic shoe.

Read somewhere the Carbon X 2 is a little softer than v. 1 which, if true, would be a welcome improvement on an already fantastic shoe.

the rocket x seems to be an improvement over the carbon x so if they use that kind of midsole, would make the v2 a top option for my long runs as i already like the SPE

Last edited:
theres a carbon x, rocket x and carbon rocket?

my bad meant to say rocket x that is releasing soon
but hoka does have a carbon rocket as part of their line up which isn't anywhere close to what i consider to be a marathon shoe at all. hasn't been very popular but was the entry way for them into the carbon plated shoe

carbon rocket > carbon x (spe) > rocket x

Does anyone have the saucony shift?
Yes. It's on the heavier side, but makes up for it with a smooth rockered ride. The cushioning, while thick, is a little on the firmer side and has more response than you'd expect from looking at it (you don't sink into it like a hoka). The upper is fantastic as well.

2CFCD93C-68C1-404D-875D-3A63E02E86D1.jpeg

Gonna give up on trying to make Nikes work for my wide AF feet. Been buying a 10 as well but may bump up to a 10.5 in the Pegasus as that’s the only wide offering from Nike. Oh well, back goes these VF, etc.

May try the Endorphin pros as I’ve heard good things for wide footers.

Yes. It's on the heavier side, but makes up for it with a smooth rockered ride. The cushioning, while thick, is a little on the firmer side and has more response than you'd expect from looking at it (you don't sink into it like a hoka). The upper is fantastic as well.

would not have expected it to be firm.. I mean I don’t want something that is like a pillow where you sink into it.. but something that is soft for high mileage slow days

Back
Top Bottom