Osama Bin Laden is dead

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

How long has Obama been camping, ole Mordern Warfare 2 *#%, they probably used the knife exploit on him

258196937.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

On that Superman lunge.

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Since when did the death of one man justify the deaths of thousands?...

I'm not overcome by joy, I'm actually worried this might set off something worst, hopefully our government has us covered, if not value every moment you spend with your loved ones, the more I think about it, the clearer it becomes that we might just be in our last days.
It may not, but for those who lost anyone in 9/11 I'm sure this provides a sense of closure.  Also, I find your statement a bit ironic considering your avy is of someone who was also responsible for many deaths.

I do agree with you though, this has the markings of something ominous.  But for now, I"ll remember those close to me who died in 9/11 and in the military in response to what this madman's evil ambitions started.

Originally Posted by mindless2778

I'm not overcome by joy, I'm actually worried this might set off something worst, hopefully our government has us covered, if not value every moment you spend with your loved ones, the more I think about it, the clearer it becomes that we might just be in our last days.
This. Came in here to post the same thing. 
Obviously, it's a huge deal, and some people are going to be happy about Osama being killed, but there's just some eerie feeling about the whole thing. American embassies all over need to be on extreme high alert, the troops need to be more careful now than ever, and I'm just having hard time imagining no retaliation from Al Qaeda. 

I really hope not, I really hope it's just me being paranoid, but I have a feeling this is just the beginning. 
tired.gif
Fresh was just talking about this a few pages back man its a horrifying thought.

I can't believe some of you are criticizing us for celebrating. If he had the opportunity, he would murder all of us just because we're Westerners. In fact, it's was his life's goal to do so. I'm glad he's gone we have one less enemy to worry about.

I can't believe some of you are criticizing us for celebrating. If he had the opportunity, he would murder all of us just because we're Westerners. In fact, it's was his life's goal to do so. I'm glad he's gone we have one less enemy to worry about.

Originally Posted by mindless2778

This. Came in here to post the same thing. 
Obviously, it's a huge deal, and some people are going to be happy about Osama being killed, but there's just some eerie feeling about the whole thing. American embassies all over need to be on extreme high alert, the troops need to be more careful now than ever, and I'm just having hard time imagining no retaliation from Al Qaeda. 

I really hope not, I really hope it's just me being paranoid, but I have a feeling this is just the beginning. 
tired.gif
Fresh was just talking about this a few pages back man its a horrifying thought.

PoloLax wrote:
I'm not going to sit here and argue about who is misunderstanding and who is not. I understand how Al-Qaeda operates. There are members around the globe, some of whom have never stepped foot in a room with Bin Laden.

What I am saying is as a figurehead those same people who operate around the globe as "members" of Al-Qaeda, the same people who have never met him, see him on Al-Jazeera and the internet, etc. as their leader. He is a martyr, and this will only anger these "members" even more, but you better believe that Osama Bin Laden had a significant impact on the people who were members. I never claimed this was an extreme blow to Al-Qaeda, but it will infact hit them emotionally. Will this cause more harm than good? It very likely can, but it can also go the other way. If our military had the intelligence to get him, then without a doubt can capture just about anyone else then might have there eye on. It can be beneficial to us and harmful to us. It can be beneficial to them and it can be harmful to them. We just received the news that this happened, we have to sit and wait and see what happens next. But don't tell me that this doesn't "mean" anything. Ask any soldier or family member of a soldier or victim of the USS Cole, 9/11 attacks, embassy bombings or other acts that this doesnt "really mean" anything.

Didn't mean for it to come off that way, but it isn't really anything but another feel good story. The posts I've made here are only in response to the "BRING THE TROOPS HOME NOW" and back patting. It's unrealistic. 
Also, we have the money to find anyone we want. We've proven this a number of times throughout the war on terror. But what happens every time we find someone? Someone else rises and replaces the last. You can capture as many people as you want, you can't capture an idea.

PoloLax wrote:
I'm not going to sit here and argue about who is misunderstanding and who is not. I understand how Al-Qaeda operates. There are members around the globe, some of whom have never stepped foot in a room with Bin Laden.

What I am saying is as a figurehead those same people who operate around the globe as "members" of Al-Qaeda, the same people who have never met him, see him on Al-Jazeera and the internet, etc. as their leader. He is a martyr, and this will only anger these "members" even more, but you better believe that Osama Bin Laden had a significant impact on the people who were members. I never claimed this was an extreme blow to Al-Qaeda, but it will infact hit them emotionally. Will this cause more harm than good? It very likely can, but it can also go the other way. If our military had the intelligence to get him, then without a doubt can capture just about anyone else then might have there eye on. It can be beneficial to us and harmful to us. It can be beneficial to them and it can be harmful to them. We just received the news that this happened, we have to sit and wait and see what happens next. But don't tell me that this doesn't "mean" anything. Ask any soldier or family member of a soldier or victim of the USS Cole, 9/11 attacks, embassy bombings or other acts that this doesnt "really mean" anything.

Didn't mean for it to come off that way, but it isn't really anything but another feel good story. The posts I've made here are only in response to the "BRING THE TROOPS HOME NOW" and back patting. It's unrealistic. 
Also, we have the money to find anyone we want. We've proven this a number of times throughout the war on terror. But what happens every time we find someone? Someone else rises and replaces the last. You can capture as many people as you want, you can't capture an idea.

If it hasn't been done already. Type this as your facebook status "Breaking News -- Chuck Norris returns from Pakistan..."

If it hasn't been done already. Type this as your facebook status "Breaking News -- Chuck Norris returns from Pakistan..."

Originally Posted by JD214

Amen brother, and I thought me and my family were the only ones not "celebrating" someone's death

I'm actually pretty indifferent but there's some relief in seeing someone who orchestrated such mass murder finally brought to some kind of justice after 10 years.  9/11 was the darkest day in US history throughout my lifetime and Bin Laden represented those that brought so much pain to our country.

Whether you agree with this president, the last president, government or war in general, there can be some feeling of justice being served.  It isn't the end all, fighting will still continue and the US has to be on high alert still but, unfortunately, it would likely be that way regardless.

We can all hope for peace but the world is a +@!%@+ up place and that was clearly demonstrated by ANYONE'S ability to orchestrate killing thousands and cause terror whether they're American or not, Christian, Muslim or Atheist.

Back
Top Bottom