Osama Bin Laden is dead

Originally Posted by bboy1827

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Originally Posted by 8H2i9Frs

oh my bad, forgot the logistics of us military personnel.
they were hired by the us...
Stop, you already look stupid for trying to pass that picture off.

Umm, not saying I agree with him, but on that point he's actually right. Those were Columbian Military troops, at that time the United States was providing Columbia with guns, weapons, intelligence and training, not to fight Escobar, but in our effort in the "War on Drugs" and also to help the "democratic" Columbia government fight against the FARC, which was a communist movement spreading throughout Latin America at the time. So while those weren't US soilders, those were more thank Likely US guns in that pic, and what really counts? Either way, I don't think those pics were plastered all over the news, nor do I agree with the point he's trying to make...but the Columbian (Along with just about every other Latin American "democratic" nation)  military was hired by the US in an attempt to stop drugs and the spread of Communism...not asking you to believe me, but read the various books on the subject.

That's all you really needed to say champ, because that's all that really matters regarding this subject.

Originally Posted by 8H2i9Frs

oh my bad, forgot the logistics of us military personnel.
they were hired by the us...

Umm, not saying I agree with him, but on that point he's actually right. Those were Columbian Military troops, at that time the United States was providing Columbia with guns, weapons, intelligence and training, not to fight Escobar, but in our effort in the "War on Drugs" and also to help the "democratic" Columbia government fight against the FARC, which was a communist movement spreading throughout Latin America at the time. So while those weren't US soilders, those were more thank Likely US guns in that pic, and what really counts? Either way, I don't think those pics were plastered all over the news, nor do I agree with the point he's trying to make...but the Columbian (Along with just about every other Latin American "democratic" nation)  military was hired by the US in an attempt to stop drugs and the spread of Communism...not asking you to believe me, but read the various books on the subject.

That's all you really needed to say champ, because that's all that really matters regarding this subject.

the thing about releasing these photos is the people who don't believe osama is dead have already resigned themselves to believing that fact. proof means nothing to somebody who has already chosen to believe a certain way regardless of the facts. the gain obama gets from releasing these pictures (virtually nothing) does not at all outweigh the backlash he will get from the est of the world.

the thing about releasing these photos is the people who don't believe osama is dead have already resigned themselves to believing that fact. proof means nothing to somebody who has already chosen to believe a certain way regardless of the facts. the gain obama gets from releasing these pictures (virtually nothing) does not at all outweigh the backlash he will get from the est of the world.

If they say that the pictures are too gruesome for the public, maybe they should have released the burial pictures. 

It would show that they killed him (even thought people will still ask if that's really him) and it will show that they did respect the Muslim tradition of burial at sea.

Sooner or later someone will leak the death pictures but it's only a matter of when.

If they say that the pictures are too gruesome for the public, maybe they should have released the burial pictures. 

It would show that they killed him (even thought people will still ask if that's really him) and it will show that they did respect the Muslim tradition of burial at sea.

Sooner or later someone will leak the death pictures but it's only a matter of when.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Sorry I like to drop Knowledge when I can. My bad, wrong place for that I guess.

Sorry I like to drop Knowledge when I can. My bad, wrong place for that I guess.

roll.gif

There is no !!%!$%% picture.

It's not about what "gains" he will get. Who cares ?

The majority of the American people (you know, people who PAID for the bullet that went through Osama's head) want to see the pictures. Plain and simple.

So much for a democracy & criticizing other govts. for censorship. lol @ "backlash".
"Hello Americans, thanks for paying for the helicopters, the base they were launched from, the training of the troops, the weapons, the intelligence behind the operation, this microphone I'm speaking on... I understand most of you want to see the photos. I'm not going to let you anyway. Toodles" 
indifferent.gif

Scumbag Obama ?  

It's not about what "gains" he will get. Who cares ?

The majority of the American people (you know, people who PAID for the bullet that went through Osama's head) want to see the pictures. Plain and simple.

So much for a democracy & criticizing other govts. for censorship. lol @ "backlash".
"Hello Americans, thanks for paying for the helicopters, the base they were launched from, the training of the troops, the weapons, the intelligence behind the operation, this microphone I'm speaking on... I understand most of you want to see the photos. I'm not going to let you anyway. Toodles" 
indifferent.gif

Scumbag Obama ?  

Originally Posted by rashi

roll.gif

so you believe we didnt kill osama or we just didnt take pictures once we did? cause you sound dumb as hell either way. 

I just think the fact they planned Northwood shows their capacity in intentionally wanting to kill citizens to pursue their political and military goals.

operation northwoods keeps getting brought up...
in regards to the hijacking and destroying a civilian plane with civilians onboard, thats simply not true. the course of action was to swap the civilian plane with a military duplicate drone and destroy it. not to kill innocent civilians. you're spreading misinformation insisting otherwise.
also, the man responsible for being in charge of the operation, he was removed of his post by president Kennedy after the president was briefed on the purposed operation. these are all facts quoting the declassified documents that are being misquoted in this thread previously.

as for the photos not being released..they'll be leaked im sure of it. stating you wont release the photos and then purposely leaking them clears you of any conflict of interest while giving those who want the pictures their due.

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

wouldnt have been hard considering we had already been bombing them routinely for 10 years. it didnt take much for desert storm to win public approval. even without 9/11, Iraq cockblocking UN inspectors and the "threat" of them producing chemical weapons would have been enough to fully invade. might not have pleased everyone in America, but it wouldnt have held GW back.

i know you think there were many options for Iraq. i dont, and thats what im trying to say. The US-UK coalition bombed/patrolled those regions on the north-south borders for one reason, to be able to quickly and easily move troops in once the invasion began. think about how much of that country was already"controlled" by allied forces before the invasion began.

Wuldn't have been hard? Bombing them here and there and sanctions does not equal that we were at war with them (I am not saying you are implying that). Do you really believe the public was going to approve of this war without an outcry if 9/11 did not happen?

The inspectors were no longer really inspecting. They needed 9/11. Then why did they go to war that quick after 9/11? Why did they lie? Why even link it to 9/11? It could have happened years down the line to take out Saddam. But, it is so naive to think they would have done it in such a way without the American public to agree to sending troops just to take out Saddam for oil and corporate ventures.As 9/11 happened, war was only a few months later. As if they were coincided together and palnned to happen in proximity to each other.

I am just arguing that if not for 9/11, the other factors would not have been legitimate enough to go to war, and that 9/11 was used to fear monger and justify the government's actions when the nation earned for a response. I do not think the electorate and the public would have approved of it like you believe. It would have been an outcry to send allied troops to a full out scale war. There needs to be a catalyst for two simultaneous invasions. Convincing the public and the country that we need to take Taliban or Saddam out without a tragedy such as the September 11th attacks would not have been as easy. There is a small problem to the plans that were laid out to go to war, how to get the American public to sign on to the imperial venture of global dominance. American public is too democratic at home to be autocratic abroad. This limits the use of America’s power, especially its capacity for military intimidation across the world. So how to get the public on board? Create conditions of a sudden threat or challenge to the public’s sense of domestic well-being and to suck them through fear and lies to approve the wars.

I just think the fact they planned Northwood shows their capacity in intentionally wanting to kill citizens to pursue their political and military goals.

operation northwoods keeps getting brought up...
in regards to the hijacking and destroying a civilian plane with civilians onboard, thats simply not true. the course of action was to swap the civilian plane with a military duplicate drone and destroy it. not to kill innocent civilians. you're spreading misinformation insisting otherwise.
also, the man responsible for being in charge of the operation, he was removed of his post by president Kennedy after the president was briefed on the purposed operation. these are all facts quoting the declassified documents that are being misquoted in this thread previously.

as for the photos not being released..they'll be leaked im sure of it. stating you wont release the photos and then purposely leaking them clears you of any conflict of interest while giving those who want the pictures their due.

Originally Posted by rashi

roll.gif

so you believe we didnt kill osama or we just didnt take pictures once we did? cause you sound dumb as hell either way. 

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

wouldnt have been hard considering we had already been bombing them routinely for 10 years. it didnt take much for desert storm to win public approval. even without 9/11, Iraq cockblocking UN inspectors and the "threat" of them producing chemical weapons would have been enough to fully invade. might not have pleased everyone in America, but it wouldnt have held GW back.

i know you think there were many options for Iraq. i dont, and thats what im trying to say. The US-UK coalition bombed/patrolled those regions on the north-south borders for one reason, to be able to quickly and easily move troops in once the invasion began. think about how much of that country was already"controlled" by allied forces before the invasion began.

Wuldn't have been hard? Bombing them here and there and sanctions does not equal that we were at war with them (I am not saying you are implying that). Do you really believe the public was going to approve of this war without an outcry if 9/11 did not happen?

The inspectors were no longer really inspecting. They needed 9/11. Then why did they go to war that quick after 9/11? Why did they lie? Why even link it to 9/11? It could have happened years down the line to take out Saddam. But, it is so naive to think they would have done it in such a way without the American public to agree to sending troops just to take out Saddam for oil and corporate ventures.As 9/11 happened, war was only a few months later. As if they were coincided together and palnned to happen in proximity to each other.

I am just arguing that if not for 9/11, the other factors would not have been legitimate enough to go to war, and that 9/11 was used to fear monger and justify the government's actions when the nation earned for a response. I do not think the electorate and the public would have approved of it like you believe. It would have been an outcry to send allied troops to a full out scale war. There needs to be a catalyst for two simultaneous invasions. Convincing the public and the country that we need to take Taliban or Saddam out without a tragedy such as the September 11th attacks would not have been as easy. There is a small problem to the plans that were laid out to go to war, how to get the American public to sign on to the imperial venture of global dominance. American public is too democratic at home to be autocratic abroad. This limits the use of America’s power, especially its capacity for military intimidation across the world. So how to get the public on board? Create conditions of a sudden threat or challenge to the public’s sense of domestic well-being and to suck them through fear and lies to approve the wars.

Nah your cool.  I'm with you in dropping knowledge and speaking your mind, I'm just saying I think with your breakdown on the killing of Escobar that might be TOO MUCH for some of these dudes in here currently.  They can only handle one thing at a time, and right now we're talking about the killing of Osama Bin Laden and lets face it some of these dudes can't even handle that right now.  Baby steps........
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom