Ok....what exactly does Shaq have against Dwight Howard?

Yo, can someone PLEASE hook up a YouTube vid of the D-12 interview before the ASG?! 

He was all choked up at was literally on the verge of tears.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

I think Howard is handling the situation better but Shaq was superman. Dwight needs to develop an offensive game and until then he can't be super anything.

its a b move on shaqs part but rather then take it to the heart it should fuel dwight to want to be better then shaq.

even if he doesn't have the carreer shaq had, this snub from shaq should push him to play harder.

Dwight is a $*+!$. I would of dunked on Shaq and told his old !!@ to retire after that. RETIRE OLD MAN.

Shaq respect nobody. He'll ride the current teams superstar and say they're the greatest ever than move on to the next man, just like it's been mentioned.

Dude was BACK on Kobe's nuts last season, now Lebron is the greatest ever!

Next year it's going to be Devin Harris is the greatest player ever!

Dwight is straight up vagina. get that choir boy act outa here. can't win like that.

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

Dwight is a $*+!$. I would of dunked on Shaq and told his old !!@ to retire after that. RETIRE OLD MAN.

Shaq respect nobody. He'll ride the current teams superstar and say they're the greatest ever than move on to the next man, just like it's been mentioned.

Dude was BACK on Kobe's nuts last season, now Lebron is the greatest ever!

Next year it's going to be Devin Harris is the greatest player ever!

HA! You got that right! Nahh, but the Nets will trade Harris when they get Wall.

[h2]Howard: Shaq can be Superman[/h2]
ESPN.com news services

There's room on the planet for two Men of Steel, Dwight Howard says.

The Orlando Magic center, who has recently been verbally sparring with Shaquille O'Neal, said Sunday before the All-Star Game that there's no battle with Shaq over who is more deserving of the "Superman" nickname.

Last week, after O'Neal's Cleveland Cavaliers' beat the Magic, Shaq said he was "offended" to be compared to Howard. "You tell me who the real Superman is," he said.

Howard was surprised by the comments and didn't take kindly to them at the time.

"It didn't sit well with me personally," he said. "I'm a young player trying to get to where he's at. I felt it would be better if he tried to help me instead of trying to put me down."

But on Sunday, in an interview with TNT, Howard said he had no issues with O'Neal.

"I don't have any problems against him," Howard said when asked if he would still reach out to O'Neal as a potential mentor. "The whole Superman thing, there's no battle of nicknames. I mean, if he wants to be Superman, he can be Superman. But I never tried to steal that title from him or take away anything that he's done for the game of basketball.

"I would like, instead of people fighting over a nickname, for us to be able to talk about what it's like to win a championship. Just little things that him being who he is can help me," Howard said on TNT. "But I never tried to do anything to be like him. I'm my own person. I just love to have fun, and I have a lot of respect for him and what he's brought to the game of basketball, and I would just ask that somebody like Shaquille O'Neal to help me become a better basketball player and a better person."

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
Jerry Siegel is probably rolling in his grave right now saying to himself, these two negros are fighting over a white comic book character's name.

The nickname battle is stupid but Shaq has nothing left to prove to himself or others really. He's won his titles, he's widely considered one of the most dominant centers in history, he's earned respect from the entire league, but he's old.....I could understand if Shaq was still in his prime, but his prime is done and over with now...might as well be a positive mentor to a guy like Dwight Howard...

Unless Shaq fears that Dwight's accolades will eclipse him over time...
nerd.gif

In terms of who is superman it goes to shaq no doubt at all.

But at the same time i dont like how hes whining about it. Hes the vet in this situation & i like how dwight is trying to dead it...

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Shaq did disrespect Kareem in the "Kobe, tell me how my %%* taste" song though, but he is disrespecting Howard not because he's good, but because he isn't good enough.

Somebody needs to call Shaq out on his idiocy. He's been getting a free pass in the media for being a crappy teammate and stealing Nash's TV idea.
Dwight needs to man up and start having some fire and none of this whiny baby stuff he pulls every playoffs and every time shaq talks.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Mind games.

It's not over the name. It's not jealousy. It's not hating. It's none of that, in my opinion.

It's intimidation. You have to believe there's a good chance they'll play each other in the ECF, so Shaq is setting up for that sooner than later.

you are wrong. one thing you never wanna do is call another man out.

because then that man has something to prove.

shaq is jealous and hating on d12 plain and simple

^and dwight is too much of a *+$!% to do anything about it. so who cares if shaq is hating or not

magic fans should be real worried. i would hate having someone like that as the "leader" of my team. shaq doesn't owe dwight anything.

i don't know how 12 got that name. he should had never took that name...he should had come up with another name. lebron isn't going to be refer as "air". when vince had his glory people didn't refer him to "the human highlight flim". 12 is alright, but he ain't superman.

I respect Dwight for not getting into a war of words with Shaq over a fictional character nickname

Dwight will have the last laugh

Originally Posted by DubA169

^and dwight is too much of a *+$!% to do anything about it. so who cares if shaq is hating or not

magic fans should be real worried. i would hate having someone like that as the "leader" of my team. shaq doesn't owe dwight anything.
What do you want him to do?  Get into a verbal argument in the media against one of sports biggest personalities, who knows how to use the media and has had a history of sound bites and clips.  Dwight continuing with a war of words has nothing to do with his leadership, he's doing the right thing and trying to kill the story.

Dwight gets Shaq back by beating him in the playoffs, that's how he handles himself.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Originally Posted by DubA169

What do you want him to do?  Get into a verbal argument in the media against one of sports biggest personalities, who knows how to use the media and has had a history of sound bites and clips.  Dwight continuing with a war of words has nothing to do with his leadership, he's doing the right thing and trying to kill the story.

Dwight gets Shaq back by beating him in the playoffs, that's how he handles himself.
i would want him to get into a verbal argument on the court. can't risk getting ejected in the playoffs, but you need to man up. tell shaq to sit his old +!+ down, get in his face, throw an elbow whatever. make sure he gets the point..

Back
Top Bottom