Ok....what exactly does Shaq have against Dwight Howard?

Al this crying over being referred to as "Superman?" Whaaaaaa

I don't see this as motivation for Shaq or psychological games to show Dwight Howard who's "superior." This is just the nature of Shaquille O'neal - a petulant manchild who holds grudges until he turns blue in the face.

And here are people making Shaquille's behavior seem completely valid and/or rational.

I mean, you're a grown man in your mid 30s and you're whining because you think only you should be referred to as Superman so you then take any little opportunity to take swipes at someone else no matter how ridiculous it might seem in any other context or scenario?

Originally Posted by dreClark

smh.gif
pimp.gif
@ the vid.

Dwight won but he lost at the same time
smh.gif
smh.gif

(Which one is his BM tho' ? )

The one in the black.  I think.  Whole goddamn body jiggling
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Shaq is just salty that D12 is getting more attention than him and stuff
smh.gif

Shaq can be cool at times but sometimes he's one of my least favorite players.

How are you going to steal his nickname like that though? What if announcers started referring to Lebron and Kobe as Magic James or Air Bryant?
smh.gif

I know Dwight didn't start calling himself Superman, but he could have easily said that Shaq is the real Superman and this situation might have been avoided.

It's not that serious, but Shaq is a damn fool
laugh.gif

As mentioned Shaq probably doesn't like the use of the nickname, not to mention he sees Dwight as the new center of the league and his popularity is only increasing, while Shaq is aging and no longer as dominant. Shaq really shouldn't have any reason to be upset, Dwight is nowhere near the player Shaq used to be or currently is.

Shaq's always tried to get the spotlight and attention, attacking one of the game's biggest players and someone who is following in his footsteps, seems to fall right in line with Shaq's past behavior. For Dwight, who has never attacked or criticized Shaq, he doesn't have the killer instinct or game to fight back on the court or in the press, and he's too easygoing to make it into a big deal.

Dwight either has to man up and dominant Shaq in-game, or just wait until Diesel retires because I don't expect it to stop especially since they're playing against one another now.

Originally Posted by grittyman20

How are you going to steal his nickname like that though? What if announcers started referring to Lebron and Kobe as Magic James or Air Bryant?
smh.gif

I know Dwight didn't start calling himself Superman, but he could have easily said that Shaq is the real Superman and this situation might have been avoided.

It's not that serious, but Shaq is a damn fool
laugh.gif

well said

i think shaq does od sometimes on the trash talk but i actually like when he gets at dwight

laugh.gif
it is soulja fault

rik smits getting some love
pimp.gif

shaq doesnt like how dwight is taking his whole persona and running with it, his ego is way too big for that. obviously, dwight is a little shook, since shaq always seems to throw dwight off his gm when they matchup

dwight's baby momma shaking it for some CLIPPERS tickets, lol
similar to when yao first came into the league, everybody was saying he was the next big thing. only difference is, yao gives shaq's his props and still considers him the best center. not saying dwight needs to bow down or kiss up to shaq, but dude is taking his whole superman image and doing commercials with it.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

His ego wouldn't let himself to be compared to Howard no matter what. The fact that Howard likes Superman and has chosen to do dunk with capes and do commercials as Clark Kent basically just supersizes the issue. Shaq considers this an insult from an underling. Here's what he said after the game:

"When I was coming up and there was Pat Ewing and Hakeem (Olajuwon) and I never doubled anybody. You tell me who the real Superman is. Don't compare me to nobody. I'd rather not me mentioned, I'm offended."

"Don't let them double team me and make it a him vs. me thing. 18 years straight: Hakeem, (Pat) Ewing, Rik Smits, (Tim) Duncan, (David) Robinson, the best of the best, straight up. I never doubled nobody. Nor have I ever asked for double team."

I see Bron been putting Shaq on to some Jay-Z... 1:10 mark in the video below

pretty much.  this beef is soulja boy's fault
laugh.gif

s180oh.jpg

LOL @ this beef being Soulja Boy's fault with Shaq dropping that Jay-Z line verbatim...the irony
laugh.gif

BTW, I realized Big Diesel was reciting that song the moment I read that line last night.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Shaq is a whiny little baby, but Dwight stealing his Superman gimmick is equally as lame.

/\ That's the thing. Dwight didn't "steal" Shaq's "gimmick" and ran with it. He rode the Soulja Boy wave during the dunk contest and the media/sponsors ran with it and he ran along with like anyone with a brain would.

It's a business.

Everything isn't so WWE storyline scripted like ya'll make it out to be.

Shaq had an issue last night with the so called "Superman" needing a double team vs him. Shaq says he has NEVER needed a double vs anyone, and never requested one.

But the Magic doubled him CONSTANTLY in the post. (Shows the big man still commanding respect
pimp.gif
)

He's calling out Dwight to play him straight up if he wants to be "Superman"

Shaq obviously likes to be the best big man, and he doesnt like the fact that dwight could challenge him.

This is what great players do. they take stuff like this personal about it.

this is why shaq was able to be the player he once was...

great players don't like when someone out-shining... this gives shaq some sort of motivator to get better.

isn't that for you guys too? doesn't it make you feel irritated or frustrated if someone does better than you?

so just deal with it.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

As mentioned Shaq probably doesn't like the use of the nickname, not to mention he sees Dwight as the new center of the league and his popularity is only increasing, while Shaq is aging and no longer as dominant. Shaq really shouldn't have any reason to be upset, Dwight is nowhere near the player Shaq used to be or currently is.

Shaq's always tried to get the spotlight and attention, attacking one of the game's biggest players and someone who is following in his footsteps, seems to fall right in line with Shaq's past behavior. For Dwight, who has never attacked or criticized Shaq, he doesn't have the killer instinct or game to fight back on the court or in the press, and he's too easygoing to make it into a big deal.

Dwight either has to man up and dominant Shaq in-game, or just wait until Diesel retires because I don't expect it to stop especially since they're playing against one another now.

yes. dwight better show up before shaq retires.

*!%* shaq. But D12 is scared and only says nice things about shaq and the situation. There's no damn way if somebody keeps trying to clown me and talk sideways about me, that I'm gonna be nice about the whole thing. I wish he would come out and call shaq a $$+@@ to add some fuel to the fire

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Maybe Shaq tryin rip Dwight baby Momma too *shrugs*

U seen her shakin that %@+?�
smh.gif
Dwight got that ++*@$ pregnant
laugh.gif

The chick in the black is D-12's baby momma.
roll.gif
smh.gif
Both of those girls were smoking hot.
devil.gif
eek.gif

Shaq is a big baby! You can tell Shaq knows Dwight is good because you don't see Shaq talking trash on other centers in the league like he does Howard. Shaq's just mad because he's in the twilight of his career and knows he doesn't have much time left in the spotlight. He will take every chance he gets to make himself look great.

We all know how great Shaq WAS, the funny thing is he could have been better, for so many years the guy just rode off talent. Coming to camp all fat and out of shape, barely getting into shape 3/4 of the way into the season. Think about how much better he could have been had he worked hard in the off season! There was two years in his whole career that he worked hard in the off season to win, when the got Phil Jackson on the Lakers and when he went to the Heat to prove he could do it on another team.

Mind games.

It's not over the name. It's not jealousy. It's not hating. It's none of that, in my opinion.

It's intimidation. You have to believe there's a good chance they'll play each other in the ECF, so Shaq is setting up for that sooner than later.

Back
Top Bottom