Ok....what exactly does Shaq have against Dwight Howard?

Originally Posted by Im Not You

/\ That's the thing. Dwight didn't "steal" Shaq's "gimmick" and ran with it. He rode the Soulja Boy wave during the dunk contest and the media/sponsors ran with it and he ran along with like anyone with a brain would.

It's a business.

Everything isn't so WWE storyline scripted like ya'll make it out to be.

That makes it less lame?

laugh.gif
shaq is acting like he created the name superman

what else to you expect from Shaq?

also, just like the lineage of Superman actors, or James Bonds, there's always going to be another Superman in the NBA. just don't expect the same perceived animosity from Dwight Howard on the next one...it's just Shaq's personality with the media.

One thing I've noticed about Shaq is that he usually respects GREAT players. How many times has he ever really insulted a great player besides Kobe (and it was over some personal stuff)?

Shaq probably thinks that Dwight is over-rated (he is over-rated) and he does not see the comparisons between D12 and himself.

Shaq may even think that he is a better player even in his late-30s than Dwight.

One thing we can all agree on is that Shaq has a huge ego. He wants to be the centre of attention and may not appreciate the fact that D12 has the personality and charisma to attract tons of attention.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

One thing I've noticed about Shaq is that he usually respects GREAT players. How many times has he ever really insulted a great player besides Kobe (and it was over some personal stuff)?

Shaq probably thinks that Dwight is over-rated (he is over-rated) and he does not see the comparisons between D12 and himself.

Shaq may even think that he is a better player even in his late-30s than Dwight.

One thing we can all agree on is that Shaq has a huge ego. He wants to be the centre of attention and may not appreciate the fact that D12 has the personality and charisma to attract tons of attention.
i think shaq only sees dwight at the Best Center in the League by default. shaq played in a better era at the position and probably doesn't respect his game 

Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

i think shaq only sees dwight at the Best Center in the League by default. shaq played in a better era at the position and probably doesn't respect his game 
you have a point addict. shaq played against the dream, david robinson, alonzo, ewing whereas dwight is automatically considered the best center since yao is out. no other center is as dominant. kaman? bynum? perkins? noah? .but this era is differnet from shaq. back then the centers dominated that era and in todays game its more of a guard dominated era.

You can tell Shaq knows Dwight is good because you don't see Shaq talking trash on other centers in the league like he does Howard
Shaq has probably dissed every decent center in the league for the past few years
laugh.gif

just like the lineage of Superman actors, or James Bonds, there's always going to be another Superman in the NBA.
laugh.gif
No...there was no Superman before Shaq and there will be none after him. Shaq created that lane, the more I think about it the more I agree that Dwight needs his own identity...I know he didn't start calling himself that but even accepting that name is just lame IMO.

Shaq didn't really respect Ewing or Robinson's game either. This ain't no different I guess.

Shaq did disrespect Kareem in the "Kobe, tell me how my %%* taste" song though, but he is disrespecting Howard not because he's good, but because he isn't good enough.

Originally Posted by Menacin Methods

Didn't shaq have beef with david robinson also? Anybody remember what it was over?
Shaq claims Robinson didn't sign something for Shaq when he was in high school.

And I remember Shaq saying Kareem was weird in his book.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Statis22

Shaq didn't really respect Ewing or Robinson's game either. This ain't no different I guess.
i think he saw them as dudes doing their thing, but he wasn't backing down from the challenge. on some AI crossing up MJ stuff
i just don't think he respects D12's game at all. whether it be him jocking his style, or his lack of post moves.

It's too bad, bc I actually love watching him play and I don't think they'll ever be another "Shaq" again, but his antics can sometimes make him intolerable. He constantly bashes every player and every organization he leaves. He sounds like a 14 year old girl when he makes these complaints. He even had the nerve to call out NT's Favorite, Chris Quin when he left Miami. Wish dude would just go about his business.

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Maybe Shaq tryin rip Dwight baby Momma too *shrugs*

U seen her shakin that %@+?�
smh.gif
Dwight got that ++*@$ pregnant
laugh.gif

The chick in the black is D-12's baby momma.
roll.gif
smh.gif
Wow.  
smh.gif
devil.gif

shaq is top 50 greatest athlete's in da NBA...ever...

he can say what ever da hell he wants, son got 4 rings.

Originally Posted by grittyman20

How are you going to steal his nickname like that though? What if announcers started referring to Lebron and Kobe as Magic James or Air Bryant?
smh.gif

I know Dwight didn't start calling himself Superman, but he could have easily said that Shaq is the real Superman and this situation might have been avoided. 
And on the flip side, I could easily see Magic being a classy guy and saying "yes, LeBron is the new Magic! His game is just Magic! I don't have a problem with people calling him Magic!".

Also, ya'll dudes acting as if people actually called Shaq "Superman". Who the +$#! in here ever referred to Shaq as Superman?
laugh.gif

Now Diesel on the other hand, I could see him getting salty about. But Superman? Please.

As someone else said, female tendencies....

http://sports.espn.go.com...10/news/story?id=4914961

[h2]Howard bummed by Shaq talk[/h2]

ARLINGTON, Texas -- Orlando's Dwight Howard said he was surprised Shaquille O'Neal took a verbal swipe at him after the Cleveland Cavaliers beat the Magic on Thursday night.

"It didn't sit well with me personally," Howard said. "I'm a young player trying to get to where he's at. I felt it would be better if he tried to help me instead of trying to put me down."

O'Neal held Howard scoreless in the final minutes of Cleveland's 115-106 victory over Orlando

When talking to reporters after Thursday's game, O'Neal added to the ongoing rivalry when he told reporters after Thursday's game that he was "offended" being compared to Howard. The two players have shared the "Superman" nickname, and Shaq added "You tell me who the real Superman is."

"I would just expect someone like him to help me and mold me into the player that he's become," Howard said.

Back
Top Bottom