Ok....what exactly does Shaq have against Dwight Howard?

As he headed for the locker room door after his great team and individual victory, O'Neal said, "Superman, my !%%."

His ego wouldn't let himself to be compared to Howard no matter what. The fact that Howard likes Superman and has chosen to do dunk with capes and do commercials as Clark Kent basically just supersizes the issue. Shaq considers this an insult from an underling. Here's what he said after the game:

"When I was coming up and there was Pat Ewing and Hakeem (Olajuwon) and I never doubled anybody. You tell me who the real Superman is. Don't compare me to nobody. I'd rather not me mentioned, I'm offended."

"Don't let them double team me and make it a him vs. me thing. 18 years straight: Hakeem, (Pat) Ewing, Rik Smits, (Tim) Duncan, (David) Robinson, the best of the best, straight up. I never doubled nobody. Nor have I ever asked for double team."

Link

I'm not getting this at all.  Anyone with even a little bit of b-ball knowledge knows that Shaq's legacy is set in stone.  There is no one that compares to how dominant of a player he was back in his prime.  That being said, I don't get why he keeps going in on Dwight Howard.  To my knowledge, Dwight hasn't said or done anything to ruffle any feathers. 

all this over a nickname, dude really has caught feelings over a nickname, really tho a nickname?
laugh.gif

He knows Dwight idolizes him.

He obviously has taken issue with Dwight swagger jackin' his whole Superman Persona and then taking it to another level.

I find it amusing, because it seems to intimidate Dwight.
laugh.gif

So therefore, I say keep it up.
pimp.gif

If Shaq was as big of bum as most on NT like to claim he is these days, Dwight would school him.  But he can't.

Bottom line is that Dwight needs to man up.  He's a grown man.

BTW, what Shaq is doing is not cool.
laugh.gif
  He's looking like a jealous old man (but all my previous statements still stand).

Hes one of the most dominant athletes ever. He has a big ego. Hes protecting his.

/Thread

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

He obviously has taken issue with Dwight swagger jackin' his whole Superman Persona and then taking it to another level.

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

If Shaq was as big of bum as most on NT like to claim he is these days, Dwight would school him.  But he can't.

laugh.gif
  He's looking like a jealous old man (but all my previous statements still stand).

I guess Shaq is a lot smarter than what we give him credit for
laugh.gif
  If these are indeed headgames he's playing with Dwight, and this is all it takes to get homie off his game, then the Magic really have no chance.  Dwight has to dig deep down and do something to show everyone he's not going to back down to shaq.  Throw an elbow at the dude like he did Dalembert last season. 

Old heads that think they're still the $$$# hate it when young cats come up thinking they're the $$$#.

Shaq is just a bitter fat man who's mad that Dwight gets all the attention. Just because Shaq has a Superman tattoo means he owns all the rights to it? !%#* outta here, Shaq needs to sit down and continue to latch on to Lebron and get a ring. Dwights game wasn't all that to begin with, Shaq has nothing to do with Dwight not putting in work and developing his game. I put that on Stan Van who forgets Dwight is on the team and let's Vince Carter and Jameer Nelson jack up shots until their arms fall off.

All this talk is meaningless until Cleveland beats Orlando in June.

Maybe Shaq tryin rip Dwight baby Momma too *shrugs*

U seen her shakin that %@+? 
smh.gif
Dwight got that ++*@$ pregnant
laugh.gif

well......

(not that I'm saying he's in the right for saying those things but...)

superman_500_feature.jpg

laugh.gif
you get the point....

it's pretty silly

But for some reason I feel like he's just doing this for Dwight to prove him wrong..

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Maybe Shaq tryin rip Dwight baby Momma too *shrugs*

U seen her shakin that %@+?�
smh.gif
Dwight got that ++*@$ pregnant
laugh.gif

The chick in the black is D-12's baby momma.
roll.gif
smh.gif

He knows that prime Dwight will never be as good as rookie Shaq, but yeah, he shouldn't rub it in this much.

I think it's because of their playing style, cause they're both known as power dunking centers. If Dwight was a finesse-type center, I don't think Shaq would have as big of a problem with him. Shaq just doesn't want to accept that there will be someone greater than him playing the style of game he played. That and because they both played in Orlando, plus the Superman thing.

Well it's def over the nickname. And honestly, why couldn't Dwight come up with his own nickname. He's already living in the shadow of Shaq by being in Orlando. Might as well try to figure out your own persona. Plus, it's not like Dwight is touching Shaq's skillset at his prime anytime anyway.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

He knows that prime Dwight will never be as good as rookie Shaq, but yeah, he shouldn't rub it in this much.

I think it's because of their playing style, cause they're both known as power dunking centers. If Dwight was a finesse-type center, I don't think Shaq would have as big of a problem with him. Shaq just doesn't want to accept that there will be someone greater than him playing the style of game he played. That and because they both played in Orlando, plus the Superman thing.
roll.gif

Wait, wait, wait.  You honestly think Dwight will be a better center than Shaq was during his career?  Whatever you are
pimp.gif
I want some.  Dude isn't as good as Shaq was when Shaq was a rookie.  And he has yet to develop any sort of post moves that work consistently except that BS running hookshot which goes in maybe 30% of the time.  And that's a big MAYBE!!!

I lol'd when I saw Rik Smits named mentioned up there.

But I could see where Shaq is coming from.

I thought the superman nickname for Dwight was because he liked the Crank That song from a few years back...and it just grew from there.

also, his BM looks like the type of chick that would run thru ur whole crew.

Originally Posted by Biggie62

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

roll.gif

Wait, wait, wait.  You honestly think Dwight will be a better center than Shaq was during his career?  Whatever you are
pimp.gif
I want some.  Dude isn't as good as Shaq was when Shaq was a rookie.  And he has yet to develop any sort of post moves that work consistently except that BS running hookshot which goes in maybe 30% of the time.  And that's a big MAYBE!!!

LOL, I don't think that Dwight will ever be as good as rookie Shaq. But some morons do. And they will compare the two because of their playing styles. It certainly wouldn't make sense to compare Dwight to Olajuwon. And this is what bothers Shaq. The fact that Dwight is compared to him.

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

laugh.gif
agree with everything. but whether it's cool or not it's a good plan. psychological warfare. dwight doesn't seem to be a very aggressive person. Dude is all smiles and jokes. shaq is smiles and jokes but he will $@%! on you physically and mentally.

It's good motivation for shaq

Don't compare me to nobody. I'd rather not me mentioned, I'm offended."
laugh.gif

Funny considering what Jay-Z song that's from

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

all this over a nickname, dude really has caught feelings over a nickname, really tho a nickname?
laugh.gif
this and the fact that dwight has that comedic personality also

i understand where shaq is coming from but he shouldnt make such a big deal though...wasnt he pulling for a sweep last year in the finals cause he didnt want dwight to have a finals victory cause shaq couldnt do it in orlando? and didnt he post a picture of dwight and stan van gundy if they were to have a child?
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom