Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

C18498E9-C2E9-4901-92A3-E3A25A3850F0.gif

I am very curious what's about to take place with Will. Does he get invited back next year? Does he get banned? Do they do nothing, if Rock says "just drop it"? Does Rock not press charges, but then does press the Academy to boot him?

What a surreal moment. And one that could have MAJOR consequences for Will going forward. He could be losing projects by the dozens right now, ORRRRRRRRRRR, he could be GETTING projects by the dozens right now.

I am very curious what's about to take place with Will. Does he get invited back next year? Does he get banned? Do they do nothing, if Rock says "just drop it"? Does Rock not press charges, but then does press the Academy to boot him?

What a surreal moment. And one that could have MAJOR consequences for Will going forward. He could be losing projects by the dozens right now, ORRRRRRRRRRR, he could be GETTING projects by the dozens right now.
I don't see the Academy doing anything. He got to return to his seat and then got his award, gave his acceptance speech and apologized (to pretty much everyone except Rock). Would look kind of weird after all that to ban him from Academy events.

I also don't see his career taking much of a hit, although it does seem like the majority of public opinion is against him right now. If he keeps he a low profile for a while and Rock says there's no hard feelings, the people mad at him now will get over it.

- Oscars been traaaaash. A shot in the arm would get everyone interested. #scripted
- Will wins for depicting a black man fiercely protective of his family... and then at the Oscars he proceeded to depict a black man fiercely protective of his family. Imagine someone playing a wizard then interrupting the Oscars in a full robe & wizard hat. Same thing. #scripted
- We been hearing all this 'Will ain't no bad boy like Pac, and she wanted Pac.' Real easy to create this scenario where Will plays the bad boy and swoons Jada. #scripted
- GI Jane joke didn't even hit THAT hard, then Chris is like "What? That was a good one." #scripted
- No security or nothing? Supposedly this man just walked on stage on his own, smacked Chris on his own, and... no security? I've heard people say "If Will had smacked a white actor he would have been tackled expeditiously." I completely agree, if it were unscripted. The problem here isn't that Chris is black; it's that it was #scripted.
- Will walked aaaaaaallll the way from his seat to Chris, after just laying down a joke about Jada, and Chris just cool af. Stands there hands behind his back, and even had his chin out a little. 🤣 #scripted

Screenshot_20220328-132520_Samsung Internet.jpg

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them that they've been fooled.

-foe

- Oscars been traaaaash. A shot in the arm would get everyone interested. #scripted
- Will wins for depicting a black man fiercely protective of his family... and then at the Oscars he proceeded to depict a black man fiercely protective of his family. Imagine someone playing a wizard then interrupting the Oscars in a full robe & wizard hat. Same thing. #scripted
- We been hearing all this 'Will ain't no bad boy like Pac, and she wanted Pac.' Real easy to create this scenario where Will plays the bad boy and swoons Jada. #scripted
- GI Jane joke didn't even hit THAT hard, then Chris is like "What? That was a good one." #scripted
- No security or nothing? Supposedly this man just walked on stage on his own, smacked Chris on his own, and... no security? I've heard people say "If Will had smacked a white actor he would have been tackled expeditiously." I completely agree, if it were unscripted. The problem here isn't that Chris is black; it's that it was #scripted.
- Will walked aaaaaaallll the way from his seat to Chris, after just laying down a joke about Jada, and Chris just cool af. Stands there hands behind his back, and even had his chin out a little. 🤣 #scripted

Screenshot_20220328-132520_Samsung Internet.jpg

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them that they've been fooled.

-foe
So of all the different ways they could have come up with a way to create interest in the Oscars, staging a slapping between two black male celebrities fairly late in the show was what they landed on?

And Will Smith, Chris Rock and Jada were all like, “yeah, great idea, sign us up”?

Not everything is a conspiracy.

The most embarrassing part is Will was genuinely laughing on camera during the joke, and now has the task of justifying feeling offended for someone.

You think the ACADEMY would script THAT for their biggest film event of the year? They're full of prudes :lol:

+that would involve Will being told early he was winning so that bizzare *** speech would happen(and be scripted)

Yeah, its that simple. :lol:
No.

I know you already read all that because you quoted it and responded, yet you still passive-aggressively asked if a single element was how simple I thought it was.

-foe

They ARE told beforehand, though.

-foe

They aren't? Unless thats something else you think is a conspiracy.

This incident has totally eclipsed the fact that Will won an Oscar for Best Actor and it will never not be brought up when him winning that is discussed. I don't think that's something I'd agree to do just to help the Oscars get ratings. Especially if I'm Will Smith

I certainly get the angle. The Richard Williams vibe, I get that, I do. But their reactions are legit. The LAPD is involved man. Are they in on it? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom