Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

just watched pitch perfect, pleasantly surprised. usually not a fan of those type of singing movies. rebel wilson (fat amy) was hilarious. 

One by one people will be converted to the future guilty pleasure classic that is Pitch Perfect.

Sundance Channel has some good looking shows coming up.

i watched the first 2 episodes of "Top of the Lake".  It was a little bit slow paced for me, but i'm interested in the conclusion

I know the Sundance Channel does independent films...so the shows are just shows that werent bought by major networks or something? I dont know anything about how that works

I'll assume it's like any other show. The creators/producers of the show shop the idea around to the networks, if they don't get anything big then they go to the smaller cable channels, IFC, Sundance, etc., and they give them a shot, just with a lot smaller budgets, marketing and promotion, and so on. 

The rock is going to get his own official action movies franchise and become the next sly, Arnold and Willis. I already see it and im not eemm made.

Talks of a F&F spinoff

Last edited:
I want to say the Leo thing was misinterpreted or from a weak source.

And I'm pretty sure Channing Tatum is taking a break too. He's right up there.

Speaking of Stallone films, I watched F.I.S.T. last night. I kinda see why hollywood at the time thought he wouldn't be good as a lead actor and I can also see why they were wrong. I liked it though

On another note, Peter Falk :pimp:

I didn't realize Place Beyond the Pines came out this Friday. Best Spring Break... EVER.

I skipped a few pages, but that Twilight stuff... the ending was terrible and made me hate the movie even more.

Last edited:
i have not seen any of the twilight movies or anything with the rock..

i dont purposely avoid his movies, they are the ones i wouldnt normally watch.

i cant get behind that spring breakers movie, it looks way too overdone and exaggerated.

suburban set it off, no thanks.

wish franco would've played this character in something else instead of it going to waste in this crappy looking movie.

watched "harsh times" with christian bale, that was decent. 

also jarhead which i had never watched both of those were 4/5

i thought the assasination of billy the kid..was realistic and wasnt done too over the top

there was enough action but also alot of thought put into the setting and costumes, to me it felt like a really authentic representation of that time.

life was really slow paced back then, and these dudes weren't always shooting it out with lawmen and whatnot.

it dragged out, but for a reason, and that was to set the mood so you could get the feel of all the characters personalities

and in the end see them unravel and struggle with their lives.

this was all about billy the kids last days, it showed that he was just getting fed up with that lifestyle and it was taking a toll on his relationships.

I want to say the Leo thing was misinterpreted or from a weak source.

And I'm pretty sure Channing Tatum is taking a break too. He's right up there.

As long as there's Clooney and Shia, NT's movie mancrush thirst should be quenched.

I skipped a few pages, but that Twilight stuff... the ending was terrible and made me hate the movie even more.

Did all of yall watch Twilight? :nerd: :lol: ... I think those 2 youtube clips are enough for me.

anything with the rock..

i dont purposely avoid his movies, they are the ones i wouldnt normally watch.

You should at least give The Rundown and Walking Tall a shot.

They came out right after he left WWF, when everyone was ready for him to be the next Sly or Arnold, and were legit good movies.

After that, dude let us down yet again. :smh:

Last edited:
How did you guys like Spy Games (Brad Pitt, Robert Redford)?

Its one of my favorite movies and I dont think I've seen it discussed in here

See...dude still had the glow of being The Rock to me, so I was willing to cut him some slack from the start.
Like I'll still stand by Rundown and Walking Tall, but outside of those, it's just pure misery until Fast Five for me. :smh:

And Spy Games...I think I saw that once on cable forever ago and got shook by how old Redford was now...then...:lol:
Didn't Redford ship Pitt off to some country where they spoke no English for months, just to son him? :lol:
Like I kinda had a hard time believing Pitt could be a secret agent, but it was cool for what it was.

If you liked that, you should def check out The Americans on FX.
New show...Great show...only 8 eps deep so far.

Last edited:
i rather watch twilight than pitch perfect. that movie was hot garbage not even adam from workaholics could save it. only good parts were with fat amy and the black lesbian...

i dont see what you guys see in that rat face girl who was the star in that...

i like most of rocks movies and hes a big draw at the box office but he needs to stay far away from star wars unless hes a storm trooper

Because she's funny, a talented actress, cute, and a good singer.

That movie was good, you're wrong.

Back
Top Bottom