Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

so I went and checked out Spring Breakers after venom's marvelous review of it.

IT WAS EFFIN' AWFUL - DREADFUL.

some might like it, it just wasn't for me. too repetitive.. i was waiting for something grand to happen and then when the 'climax' happened, I was just like 'oh, that's what happens?' :rolleyes

but go check it out I guess, i also hated Cabin in the Woods and got crucified for that, so what do I know? lol

so I went and checked out Spring Breakers after venom's marvelous review of it.

IT WAS EFFIN' AWFUL - DREADFUL.
wow that's interesting cause a buddy of mine told me yesterday he saw it also after reading my review and said Franco was the only part he liked

I'm still excited for it, I like what the positive reviews are saying

it's a must see

I'm excited. Seems like savages with younger kids :lol:

not even close - Savages was horrible - this is a much better story with better characters and a much more memorable film overall

some might like it, it just wasn't for me. too repetitive.. i was waiting for something grand to happen and then when the 'climax' happened, I was just like 'oh, that's what happens?' :rolleyes

but go check it out I guess, i also hated Cabin in the Woods and got crucified for that, so what do I know? lol

man we are just completely on opposite sides of the coin here, I wasn't too fond of Cabin in the Woods though

Meh, I'll still pass. Honestly, as favorably as it was written, Venom's review pretty much confirmed for me the things that concerned me about Spring Breakers from the preview. I know I won't like it.

Meh, I'll still pass. Honestly, as favorably as it was written, Venom's review pretty much confirmed for me the things that concerned me about Spring Breakers from the preview. I know I won't like it.

That's interesting. I'm curious what it was in my review that convinced you. PM me if you don't want to post it here.

But you see this is why I do what I do and why I post and write reviews - because someone will read them and it'll shift their opinion one way or the other. Either way I think it's helpful either you'll go see the film of you won't.

Glad my words aren't going to waste.

Is it really a must see. I saw the commercial and then trailer and I'm rarely if ever moved by reviews on other sites.

I'd much rather take suggestions from you guys. So far it's a must see from one and dreadful to another. Everything else was ppl just posting how surprised they were at the good reviews and comments about Franco's performance.

Can't wait but it's more of a can't wait to get this over with already. They need to stop harping on that bs ending like any of it was good acting :smh: :lol:

Also how many times can we explore Dexter's origin? since S1 there hasn't been a season where Dex hasn't mentioned it in some way.

After that Dexter vid, in the bottom left hand corner is an interview with Jennifer Carpenter (Deb) and Conan.

Dudes, I'm tellin ya, Jennifer's in Hollywood. I would take that one down too. I don't care how ugly she is when she cries, she looks good when she ain't cryin. I dunno.

Needs to cut that long *** hair tho. :smh:

damb, she does look ugly when she cries

2lu85qt.jpg

wood still plow :evil: :wow:

Is it really a must see. I saw the commercial and then trailer and I'm rarely if ever moved by reviews on other sites.

I'd much rather take suggestions from you guys. So far it's a must see from one and dreadful to another. Everything else was ppl just posting how surprised they were at the good reviews and comments about Franco's performance.

In my eyes it's one of the most exciting, well told, not-your-run-of-the-mill guys rule the world story. It's fun, Franco is the best he's ever been and it's gonna be a character we talk about all year.

I just cant imagine spring breakers being what you're saying. I see the trailor and then read what you write and it just does not compute

Green lantern was such a bad movie. I blame the script much more than RR but that killed his chances of getting major lead roles. Horrific

I'm sayin'

Isn't Franco just playing Riff Raff? Didn't he follow him around a while to play this character? :lol:

I'll peep this but I'll still lower expectations a great deal.

I keep seeing these ads for The Bible. :nerd:
And like people keep talking about how it's so well done.
And the ratings are just crazy ridiculous.
And for a good second I actually thought about checking it out. :nerd:........:lol:

Aight, so I finally started American Horror Story: Asylum.

I'm 4 deep and so far I really like this. I think I only saw pieces here and there, figured I got it and called it a wrap when it was on. Don't know why I didn't feel up for it this time. Maybe I thought the first season was my limit of crazy. I mean, I only stuck through that rough middle part, cuz of Connie Britton and hot nurse. :lol: So when they tell me it's going full ******, volume to 11 all season...yeah...but it didn't exactly. And even though my favorite actress on the show didn't come back and they didn't really replace her, it works.

I remember the first season didn't even get really "good," I guess, until the last few eps. This gets really good in the 2nd episode. And I think I understand why no one really talked about the show as much this time. There's so many storylines that it'd take wayyyyyy too much backstory to explain why this season was good, or to even spoil something that happened. But it's not like overwhelming or anything. The amazing thing about this season, so far, is that every episode feels like they've got a plan and has been legitly good.

Instead of just thinking this show is crazy and ridiculous after every ep. It's menacing and creepy and curious and sure of itself this time. And it's so creative...they could've been all over the map, but all the new, outta left field, things they throw at you land nice. It's hard to explain, but it's really good.

I dunno, I'm only 1/3 of the way through, but it feels like the horror anthology it was always meant to be. They did a really good job blending different types of horror and myths together. It's not just a freakshow and psychout parade like season 1 was. Not bad. :smokin

Last edited:
Watched Cowboys & Aliens yesterday. Great cast, not a great movie. It's something I'd turn to though if I'm just chillin 

I just cant imagine spring breakers being what you're saying. I see the trailor and then read what you write and it just does not compute

And that's fine, after all it's my opinion on the film up to you if you wanna see it or not.

I'm sayin'

Isn't Franco just playing Riff Raff? Didn't he follow him around a while to play this character? :lol:

saying Franco just playing Riff Raff is just scratching the surface. The reason it's so memorable and out of left field is because it's unlike anything we've seen from him or anyone in Hollywood do. Plus he's an integral part of the story

I keep seeing these ads for The Bible. :nerd:
And like people keep talking about how it's so well done.
And the ratings are just crazy ridiculous.
And for a good second I actually thought about checking it out. :nerd:........:lol:
What you need to watch is Vikings. Comes on right after The Bible (I don't watch that either) at 10 pm, Sundays. It's better than The Walking Dead. Only like 4 eps in. I know it gets good ratings along with The Bible leading in to it but for the life of me I don't know why it isn't getting as much acclaim as that but then when I think about it I know why.

I mean it obviously go as far as GoT or The Borgias or Spartacus cuz it's own the History channel but it's really good given what they got to work with.

The series is inspired by the epic sagas about the raiding, trading and exploring Norsemen of early medieval Scandinavia. It follows the exploits of the legendary Viking chieftain Ragnar Lodbrok and his crew and family.

It portrays Ragnar (Travis Fimmel) as a young Viking warrior who longs to discover civilizations across the seas. With his friend, the gifted craftsman Floki (Gustaf Skarsgård), he builds a new generation of faster longships and challenges the local ruler, Earl Haraldson (Gabriel Byrne), a man of little vision, to allow raids into the unexplored South West, to Anglia. He is supported by his brother Rollo (Clive Standen), who secretly covets Ragnar's wife, the shieldmaiden Lagertha (Katheryn Winnick).

I was looking at the budget for Band of Brothers. DAMN, 125 mil.!

What other series have budgets like that? Besides the Pacific.

And that's fine, after all it's my opinion on the film up to you if you wanna see it or not.

I'm sayin'

saying Franco just playing Riff Raff is just scratching the surface. The reason it's so memorable and out of left field is because it's unlike anything we've seen from him or anyone in Hollywood do. Plus he's an integral part of the story
Ok. Ight. I'll watch it. Like I said I'm a fan of Franco. We shall see.
New Images From Ryan Gosling And Nicolas Winding Refn’s Kickboxing Picture, Only God Forgives
Bangkok. Ten years ago Julian killed a cop and went on the run. Now he manages a Thai boxing club as a front for a drugs operation. Respected in the criminal underworld, deep inside, he feels empty.

When Julian’s brother murders a prostitute the police call on retired cop Chang – the Angel of Vengeance. Chang allows the father to kill his daughter’s murderer, then ‘restores order’ by chopping off the man’s right hand. Julian’s mother Jenna – the head of a powerful criminal organization – arrives in Bangkok to collect her son’s body. She dispatches Julian to find his killers and ‘raise hell’.

If Gosling pulls this off *cue weebay gif*

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom