Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I watched Blow again a couple of days ago & forgot how good it was...Speaking of which George Jung is due for release next year. Wonder if he has any money left squirreled away somewhere...I know the dough he had in the Panamanian banks is gone but do you think he had some hidden in a Swiss bank account?

My favorite Terry Gilliam flicks are The Adventures of Baron Munchausen & The Fisher King...Brazil was good to but I enjoyed the other 2 better...

I'm going to have to go with Holy Grail and Time Bandits. I know the Monty Python style of humor isn't for everyone, but I happen to like it. Time Bandits, while not as out there as a Monty Python movie, has a kind of similar tone.

Damn, not sure how but I forgot about those two...Still like my two though...Fisher King was his attempt to kinda go Hollywood but still keeping his steelo...I liked it...Plus I'll pretty much watch anything with The Dude...

I watched Blow again a couple of days ago & forgot how good it was...Speaking of which George Jung is due for release next year. Wonder if he has any money left squirreled away somewhere...I know the dough he had in the Panamanian banks is gone but do you think he had some hidden in a Swiss bank account?

The pan back scene where it shows the house they are in, stacked floor to ceiling with 3 million dollar boxes as he's tryin to find room for another is one of my favorite scenes ever. So much :wow:

I used to love Brazil. Haven't seen it in the longest, but I think I watched it 10 times the year I saw it. :lol:

And when De Niro showed up. :lol: :smokin

A part of me wishes dude woulda retired after Fear and Loathing, though...

Nah man...he has more greatness left in him.I love how he uses wild camera movements and such to depict emotions. Never seen The Adventures of Baron Munchausen will peep ASAP.
I enjoyed Magic Mike but maybe that was because I had low expectations.

The pan back scene where it shows the house they are in, stacked floor to ceiling with 3 million dollar boxes as he's tryin to find room for another is one of my favorite scenes ever. So much :wow:

"...if it's 60 pounds, it's $3 million. If it's 50 pounds, it's $2.5 million..."

:x

^
Yep. :smokin

That is straight crazy how much freakin money is sittin there like that, in the early 80's no less. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :pimp:

I watched Kill Bill (Vol. 1) for the first time the other night. I enjoyed it and its over-the-top fighting sequences. It's crazy to think though, that if it was a male lead and not Uma, it wouldn't be nearly as memorable/highly praised movie.

I'm about to watch Vol. 2 now. Heard it's better :nerd: ?

You mean like Django Unchained? :lol:

Or Oldboy?

Revenge films are great, regardless of male/female.

I personally approve of a thread title change to, "New York Knicks 2013-2014 Off-Season Thread: Champions."

I like the ring to it.

(Really though, if my boys Ty and Kidd get another? Cool with me).

Last edited:
has anyone seen Yelling to the Sky?

can anyone recommend any recent/somewhat recent scary movies?

mama got me wanting to watch something scary, 

sinister looks good, anyone watch it?

insidious got decent reviews too 

Back
Top Bottom