Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Walked into S&T expecting to find this... took me a while to realize there was a move.

Guess I missed a lot.

Nevertheless, it's an absolute travesty Bigelow was shutout by the Academy. She deserved recognition for ZDT.

Dexter final season starts June 30!!!!! Three months earlier than usual.
pimp.gif
possibity of breaking bad and dexter same week? , grey hairs will be had midweek until both finales lmao

On the DVD for Zombieland, there was this preview for this movie Defendor. Woody Harrelson. Joint looks stupid funny. And by that I mean stupid... and possibly funny. :lol:

Any of you ever seen it? Care to comment?
Great movie. Think it got nominated for some foreign award show or indie.

Woody does his thing as a mentally ill dude turned vigilante.

If you've seen Super with Dwight from the Office it's the same thing but a bit darker.

Last edited:
BTW, new seasons of Shameless, House of Lies and Californication start on Sunday.

i watched the season premiere of californication last year and never went back. which sucks since i loved that show but i just didn't like the direction they went at all. instead of jumping 5 years they should've let old moody be in new york with runkle flying out and the two of them getting into shenanigans and such and eventually he returns home. but no. we get a 20 year old becca when she's really like 15 in real life, and a rehashed karen storyline. i'll watch it in its entirety one day, though. moody is too dope of a character.

Great movie. Think it got nominated for some foreign award show or indie.

Woody does his thing as a mentally ill dude turned viglante.

If you've seen Super with Dwight from the Office it's the same thing but a bit darker.
darker than super? damn lmao
See Super is dark but it has that kind of dark humor dark to it and to me certain things were a bit quirky mainly that Juno chick's role and what inspired dude to become the Crimson bolt (the whole Jesus/religious comic).

Defendor is dark and a bit more serious but still has the humor to it.

Just think of Defendor as if the Crimson Bolt was more deluded and wasn't partly doing it cuz his wife left him for a dealer (he still personal issues involving more than woman but it's different). Defendor is bat**** crazy with his motives and what inspires him to do what he doe.

Last edited:
^I didn't mind the time jump with Karen being married to Bates because it seemingly but an end to the Hank/Karen "we're together, then we're not together, then we're together again" "I love you. I want to be with you and our daughter, but I continually do asinine things to jeopardize our relationship.' storyline that consumed the prior seasons.

I thought the time jump would be a change of pace the show needed, but it eventually reverted back to that same Hank/Karen storyline.

At least we were introduced to Hank Moody 2.0.
eyes.gif

The show still has it moments though.

Show fell off for me a while ago as well. Did not like where they were going basically after the first season. I mainly watched last season to see if Good would show the goods. Among the comedy premieres this season it's at the bottom with Shameless in the clear lead.

I'm still a fan of the show, but I wasn't in a rush to watch every week. The writers really struggled with long term writing for the show. They either rehashed things, hit the reset button, or whatever. It's a shame because the first season was one of my favorites, but I don't think I've rewatched the other seasons at all. And I always rewatch TV shows.

I recently saw the first two seasons of Shameless and it's one of those shows that when they're on their game, it's amazing. But nowhere near consistent enough and there's way too many characters. I found myself fast forwarding a few characters/stories here and there because they bored me. 

While I thought Emmy Rossum was pretty whenever I saw pictures of her, I didn't quite get it until I watched Shameless. And it's not just because she's always naked, but she's just amazing as Fiona. 

tumblr_mg9scgYkQv1r0q0i3o1_500.gif

tumblr_mg9scgYkQv1r0q0i3o2_500.gif

I'd marry that.

^I had dibs since Genius. :nerd:
The show got shaky last season, but it's just...so damn easy to watch. And such a great cast, shame they lost that one chick to Suburgatory.

NT's most overrated movie of the year: Cabin in the Woods. :rolleyes

Son...they made a sequel to every horror movie into 1 film and set it at Wolfram & Hart.

I feel like I woke up in my RV all confused in a different state. 3

Anyone see compliance? Doesn't look that bad

The one with that Don't trust the ***** chick in it? I heard what it was about and it sounds pretty intense. Tell me how it is.

That Safety post reminds me of that movie that came out a few years ago Sunshine Cleaners. Anyone ever watch it?

:smokin I just remember really liking it. The girls who cleaned up death scenes, right?

LA Confidential delivered, I don't get how they fail Squad. Script? Rewrites from Colorado? Not enough screen time for the cast?

I'll see it sometime soon, tryin not to read anything so I can go in open minded, but that's sad if indeed it does flop.:smh:

The commercials looked corny...and when you never really hear dialogue, that's a sign.
I love LA Confidential and the trailers made it look more like The Spirit than that to me.

BREAKING: Jennifer Lawrence is back on the market
^this....
Jurassic Park 4, produced by Steven Spielberg, will hit theaters on June 13th, 2014. In 3D.
...made me think ^ this was a joke..... :lol: :smh:

I just finished the first (and only) season of Playmakers that was on ESPN. Show was so dope, woulda been great if HBO picked it up

It was Oz for the NFL. That show was too damn good...and real...so Goodell had to dead it. Can't let people start looking at the NFL the same way they looked at AI era NBA. :lol:

Last edited:
Big J knows :smokin
did she show them? that would play a major role in when i watch.
From my recollection she did not. Got to the bra but that's about it. I think there may have been a bubble bath/hot tub scene but no goods. Her character was just one of those upscale jezebels. Messed with Moody, Rza, and the Becca's bf among other dudes.

I'm still a fan of the show, but I wasn't in a rush to watch every week. The writers really struggled with long term writing for the show. They either rehashed things, hit the reset button, or whatever. It's a shame because the first season was one of my favorites, but I don't think I've rewatched the other seasons at all. And I always rewatch TV shows.

I recently saw the first two seasons of Shameless and it's one of those shows that when they're on their game, it's amazing. But nowhere near consistent enough and there's way too many characters. I found myself fast forwarding a few characters/stories here and there because they bored me. 

While I thought Emmy Rossum was pretty whenever I saw pictures of her, I didn't quite get it until I watched Shameless. And it's not just because she's always naked, but she's just amazing as Fiona. 
funny that she play's white trash but was a classically trained opera singer as a child

and for anyone asking why she did not eat the bread

"rossum has coeliac disease, an autoimmune disease in which the body cannot tolerate any foods containing gluten or wheat"

Last edited:
brb dont feel like buying into some fantasy world right now so gonna just pop in some documentaries

brb food inc

brb inside job

*goes back to fake stories*

alan greenspan = FTL

Last edited:
I also caught ZDT.

It's a great film, I have no doubts about that. It's definitely Oscar-bait, and typical Kathryn Bigelow type stuff.

That said, I'm just not as much into these kind of films as everyone else.

I saw The Hurt Locker, I thought it was a great film as well, but I just have no interest in re-watching it again.

I may see this someday again down the line because Jessica Chastain was superb, but it's not a movie-of-the-year kind of film for me. I liked Django better, and for a comparable film, I liked Argo better as well.

There were no real flaws I can nitpick, so maybe that's saying something, but I just didn't think it was as great as everyone says it is.

If it weren't for Chastain, I don't think I would've enjoyed this very much. She makes the film.

Back
Top Bottom