Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Yes. Lots of storylines still to be told. They could bang out like 5 more seasons realistically.

Yeah, probably more if they tend to do seasons of new stories not related to the comic like in the pilot season.

Anybody that has not watched The Wire yet, do not read this. Do not. I'm warning you here and now, don't cry about no damn spoilers.

I have heard for years how great it was, recognized that it would be that, but was obviously curious what exactly made it so great. When I first got started, I didn't see how it was going to elevate to that realm. It all looked so simple, so cheesy. Cops were morons that didn't care, a single cop could tell a judge a bunch of stuff, but no one had done anything about it beforehand? They find a mastermind drug dealer, and don't even have a clue what he looks like? :lol: Seemed like incredibly long odds to become the G.O.A.T. And then it got going, and I was in.

Some of the things I loved and didn't love. Start with love.

Omar. Gad damn this dude was bad. When you rob drug dealers you must got spalding nuts in your shorts. I could not believe the stuff he pulled, everyone knew it, and ain't a damn soul be able to do nothing about it. :lol: Having said that, I will forever wonder the purpose of choosing to have him be a gay character. I assume I will be able to read about it, maybe it's real simple, maybe they just wanted to create a character that could be looked up too, or talked about, maybe the actor chose it, maybe it's real life example, could be anything, I just want to know the reason behind it. Either way, he was awesome, I loved his dialogue, his "code", even his anger. Unreal character. I read how he nailed his audition on the first try. No ****. :smokin

When Bunk got Omar out of jail and gave him the speech about no more bodies, and he owed him and what not, loved that seen. An example of cops doin things for the right reasons, when there were right reasons. Omar deserved like hell to be in jail for a million things, but Bunk needed him out for that one reason and made the call. McNulty getting Bodie out for kickin in that squad car was an example too, tho it led to bad things.

I did not like Rawls, however, when Griggs was shot, and McNulty was in the hospital with blood all over his hands, clearly shook up, everyone's upset, Rawls coming over and telling him that it was not on him, and that he was the ******* that would tell him it was on him if it was, GREAT theatre. That was season 1, and I still remember it like it was yesterday. I LOVED that scene. Rawls was a ******g douche the entire show, but that scene was powerful as ****.

Daniels. Very, VERY surprised by how much Daniels won me over. I did not expect to like him, at all. But he showed thru. He was a great balance between the evil of the bosses, and the evil of the McNulty's of the force. By the book, but not that by the book. He did what was needed. For instance, not killing Carver and Herk for taking that cash, but getting it back from them. Getting McNulty back on the case in season 2, etc. The way he talked to Carcetti, feeling him out if he was real. Very solid character, and ironically, the actor himself tried out for several other parts and was denied, yet ended up being one of the best characters on the show. (wonder who he tried out for????)

McNulty, obviously, you are supposed to like him, and hate him, a little like Omar. His heart is in the right place, being a "real" cop, he just goes about it a little recklessly. But he was clearly smart, and talented just a severe piece of ****. I can relate to that :lol: At first I hated the direction of season 5 with the red ribbon stuff, but it showed what lengths people have to go to to get things done sometimes. It really ended up selling me real well. The guy would do ANYTHING to do the job.

The **** episode. :wow: :rofl: One of the best 4 minutes of TV in history. Absolutely LOVED that scene. So freaking random and creative. Bunk and McNulty were awesome there.

Freeman. Who knew? He turned out to be one helluva cop, and I was completely surprised when he even joined the red ribbon story. Shocked really. Again, what one would do to get the job done is astounding. He was a true G tho when he shook Davis for info when he had already been told he didn't have a federal case. :lol: Loved that twist.

Snoop. Give this ***** an oscar for something. She was dynamic on screen. The way she talked was incredible. Her opening of season 4 was one of the most memorable things I saw on the whole show. (buying the nail gun)

Bodies in houses. What an incredible story.

Marlo. I did not see him comin. I thought he was gonna be a nobody, just another guy. Nope, he was damn near a genius. He had great quotes, he was smart even as dumb as he was (not dumb, just pure street smart only, almost no common sense) Spoke little, but made it count. I ended up really liking his character in the end. And his final scene was really cool. (and that suit was right)

Prop Joe was just real cool, real chill. Liked him, sad how he went out. Similar to Bodie. Even Omar's exit was a painful moment, The Wire just didn't give a ****.

That white girls ******* in season 2, so unexpected, so healthy. :smokin

Stringer was alright, I was shocked how he went out. Did not see that coming. Honestly tho, I felt let down by him and Avon as a duo. I expected even more, bigger, better. But the point of the show was, real. They took people away from you, no matter how much you liked them. I remember Simmons mentioning that a while back. Cold how he worked in the background with DeAngelo, and tryin to do Omar with brother bow tie or whatever his name was. BTW, loved how bow tie and Omar respected one another.

As for dislike.

Avon really didn't do it for me. I only had 2 scenes I liked him in. When he gave the money to Cutty. And when he said Cutty was a man even after he stepped out of the game. That's it. Everything else I felt Avon was weak. I was really let down by what I thought he was gonna be. I thought he would have had more Marlo in him. He went out like a girl. They literally just wrote him off the show. Couldn't believe that.

The upper management dudes, obviously. Bunch of ********. Davis, Rawls, the commish, the old white guy that was butt hurt in season 2, they all bothered me. And the fat guy, Bunks boss, I hated that fat ************. I still hate him. God he got on my nerves.

I wasn't big on the Greek in season 2, or the docks, but I get the importance of it.

The school stuff was so damn sad, not that I hated it, just hard to watch ya know? To think, this is America and **** like that goes on, ugh.

Rating wise for me

Season 3
Season 1
Season 4
Season 5
Season 2

Just my preference

I'm forgetting a ton more I'm sure, but wanted to get as much down in here as I could, then I'm going to start reading old threads, lookin for more info to devour. Those that gave me the reccomend, thank you all. :smokin

Anybody that has not watched The Wire yet, do not read this. Those that gave me the reccomend, thank you all. :smokin

I am pretty sure Kubrick only won once and the Oscar was for special effects on 2001. Awards are meaningless

The Wire never once won an Emmy.
:stoneface:

Are you serious? *goes to google*......

Oh my God, this really happened. :x I'm honestly, sad or something. How in the hell did this go on, for FIVE seasons? :smh: (sidenote, I need to research why they stopped at 5, they could have gone at least one more season, simple as wanting to go out on top?)
The show, Omar, Bell, McNulty, even Marlo should have at worst gotten multiple noms. Writers, directing, ****, how could directing not get something? I've never really paid attention to Emmy's like I have Oscars, but this is a bunch of ********. :stoneface:

It's the Emmys though. You can argue these award shows never had integrity when you look at certain actors, directors, and movies that have never been nominated let alone win.

I guess, but maybe it's exactly like the show portrays everything, it's all a big circle jerk. Each level, up and up and up, deal after deal over who does what, when, where and on and on it goes.

I left out how everything stays EXACTLY the same, only the names change. Take down this huge Barksdale crew, Marlo's steps in. Take down Marlo, a new one joins up. Omar goes, lil Mike grows up. Bubbles gets clean, Dookie gets dirty. Clean the corner, new guys on it tomorrow. Bad commish replaced by a good commish, that guys hands are tied the exact same way.

That was the theme I just couldn't get past. Don't matter what they do, nothin changed.

Hamsterdamn, by the way, was incredible. I freaking loved that idea. Nuts as all hell, but just a great freaking idea. Cops dropping drug dealers off in a safe zone. :rofl: That was outstanding.

The talk from Avon's nephew (can't think of his damn name right now) when he's explaining the chess board to them, and it seems an awful lot like what's goin on in the streets.

Chris beating the PISS out of Mike's stepdad. :wow: And Snoops casual *** complainin "man you ain't eem get inside the ****** house man..." With that slow drawl of hers. :lol: :pimp:

In the last year, I have clearned thru Sopranos, Breaking Bad, and The Wire. Life is real good right now. "I seen'd it" :nthat:

I'm excited to let it all marinate a bit, and then rewatch it someday after forgetting a lot of smaller details. Being able to pick up new things and what not.

Just got back from Lawless...

*Don't read any further if you don't want to read spoilers*

Shia LeBeouf gets his *** beat in so many ways in this movie. :lol: Loved it. When you play Stanley Yelnats and Michael Bay's poster child you have to go through a few beatings to get your credibility back.

Bane was in this movie guys :lol: There were so many times when I was thinking, "Wait, does Tom Hardy KNOW he's not filming Batman anymore? That is not Christopher Nolan behind the camera!" The dude would randomly spit out a line in the Sean Connery voice we've only seen from him in TDKR. :lol: He played his character well though... but belief was suspended so frequently. He should've had damn near 2-3 funeral scenes. :lol: :smh:

Not sure what the hype is on Jessica Chastain. Average looks, average actress.

Lots of slow parts in this movie... but if you can get through those you will be rewarded. The action is top-notch, and they don't hold back with the gore. :smokin Guy Pearce is so hate-able, it's truly quite amazing. That ******g part down the middle with the slimy, greasy hair. :x Gary Oldman was hardly in the movie at all except for one extremely memorable scene. :smokin "Tommy Gun". Shia's love interest :x

Don't think it's a movie I'll purchase when it comes out on Blu-Ray but worth the price of admission. You won't leave the theater feeling like you were cheated out of your dough but you don't NEED to see it right away either.

Man I hated Guy Pearce since the Count of Monte Cristo. Very good actor though. Crazy how he tends to invoke that emotion in viewers.

Finally watched The Avengers (yeah I know, I know).

EPIC.
pimp.gif

mean.gif
@ me not watching it when it was in theaters.

That beatdown Hulk gave Loki, goddamn.
sick.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Loki moaning afterward.
roll.gif

Scarlett.
devil.gif

Her first scene in the movie with that black dress. Lawd.
mean.gif

Definitely adding "mewling quim" to my lexicon. Had to look up what it means but I was "damn that's gotta be bad" when I first heard it. Straight disrespectful.

Look forward to the day I get to use that in a sentence.

Shia LeBeouf gets his *** beat in so many ways in this movie. :lol: Loved it. When you play Stanley Yelnats and Michael Bay's poster child you have to go through a few beatings to get your credibility back.

You forgot to mention he was a big part of the movie that forever tarnished the Indiana Jones franchise. That earned him a couple additional beatings, IMO.

Shia drank moonshine on set for Lawless, dropped acid on set for an upcoming role, and will actually have sex on screen in Lars von Trier's newest film. No one has more credibility than him right now.

Back
Top Bottom