Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

What’s one example of a film you believe gets an underserving amount of dislike? Here’s my pick.

1727201461286.jpeg

Watched this last night. Didn't really care for the film itself, but the overall message and themes were intriguing. 4.5/10

1727196821634.png
I accidentally watche the last 5 minutes of this at like 4am after I woke from a bad dream.
It creeped me out further.
I watched from that part where he was on the couch and said something like "then I put the program back on and watched it again and everything was different. It was kids hanging out being corny something something something"
Then 20 years passes and he is at work singing at a BDAY party and the room freezes, he freaks out and then goes to the Mens room and rips open his chest with a blade, and I fell back asleep.

I accidentally watche the last 5 minutes of this at like 4am after I woke from a bad dream.
It creeped me out further.
I watched from that part where he was on the couch and said something like "then I put the program back on and watched it again and everything was different. It was kids hanging out being corny something something something"
Then 20 years passes and he is at work singing at a BDAY party and the room freezes, he freaks out and then goes to the Mens room and rips open his chest with a blade, and I fell back asleep.
LOL yeah that ending was creepy. It's actually kinda sad when you know what it represents.

Him freaking out was him realizing that he'd wasted his life. It was an internal panic attack that only us in the audience could see. He's spent a lifetime not being his authentic self. Just settling and coasting through life abiding by societal norms. The chest ripping scene was to display all the light and joy he was holding internally. Then he leaves the men's room, apologizes for his behavior and just goes back to work. Implying that he's probably going to carry on with this life that he hates until he dies.

Watched Didi over the weekend and highly recommend it, especially to those in HS anywhere between 2000-10. It was a great coming of age story about a kid transitioning to high school as a 2nd generation american. The lead did a great job of showing how it would be difficult fitting in and dealing with an immigrant mother. I couldn't directly relate to that part but did know many kids in school with parents from other countries. Film is also like a time capsule of that mid 00s period where you'd flirt with girls on AIM, Myspace, early days of Facebook and texting with t9 on flip phones/razors. I also can relate to the "not having anymore room in the car" excuse as sometimes it was legit and others it was too not invite the annoying friend or you had a disproportionate amount of guys to gals. Solid 6.5/8

I find the term “annoying friend” to be a funny little oxymoron. Ask yourself if this person is really your friend in the first place. Calling them annoying and then contradictorily claiming them a “friend” is wild

I find the term “annoying friend” to be a funny little oxymoron. Ask yourself if this person is really your friend in the first place. Calling them annoying and then contradictorily claiming them a “friend” is wild
Nah, I don't follow this logic at all.
It's idealist thinking.
"If you're my friend, then I think you're perfect. If you're not perfect, then I wouldn't have you as a friend."

I totally get what you're saying. Maybe it was my upbringing in a suburban area but from elementary to high school there was always that 4th-5th kid in the group who lived in the area that would just come over unannounced and while they might have been nice enough you just knew they weren't really part of the friend group. I would bike over to this friends' house about 15 mins away and his next door neighbor was this hyper kid who'd sometimes pop by if we were playing basketball/wiffleball/football, etc. and just try joining our game. We'd generally be fine with this but other times he would be a sore loser or argue about the rules so then it was time to hang inside and he wasn't invited. Kind of feel bad looking back but not sure how the vibe would have been in a non sports/game environment.

Back
Top Bottom