Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Not a big Excorcist series fan but Flanagan has been my favorite name/ original creator in horror over the last few years or so so I'm excited to see what he comes up with.

He already handled another beloved series masterfully with his Shining follow up, Doctor Sleep, a few years ago and he's knocked his shows out of the park for Netflix.

Kids are on a tmnt kick finally. Watching the rest of #2 tonight
1000015818.jpg

I like a couple of the Craig movies but I prefer my Bond movies to have at least some camp. Not as much as some of the sillier Bond movies but just some here and there. The best Connery films are my favorite Bond movies. Moore is fun and my dad's favorite but that's where it gets a bit shaky :lol: I think Dalton was an underrated Bond, and Bronson nailed the role perfectly but I think he has the weakest filmography outside Goldeneye.

I think Brosnan is the perfect "look" of James Bond. I mean absolutely perfect casting.

But his films after Goldeneye were DREADFUL. (And Goldeneye is literally more famous for the videogame than the film itself)

I would give anything for them to have done a Craig like "serious" tone for the 4 films with Pierce as 007. I have zero idea why they didn't.

I'm curious the route they go next. Ultra serious/realistic or back to camp hovering just above Austin Powers.

CANNOT wait for season 2 of HOT D!

And "House of the Dragon" showrunner Ryan Condol recently revealed that, despite having fewer episodes than the previous edition, the scaled-up second season of the "Game of Thrones" prequel will feature two of the biggest battles the HBO franchise has ever seen.

“We can fit two 'Avengers' films inside of our shoot schedule,” Condal shared in an interview with Den of Geek. “The battles are episodes unto themselves ... We have two of the largest sequences that we’ve ever filmed on 'House of the Dragon.' Both of them outstrip anything that we did in season one. They are episodes within episodes.”

Very practical answer. Reminds me of Family Guy coming back to life because of the DVD sales. Now shows that people may be interested in get killed early and that's that.
A lot of stories like that, even going back to VHS tapes. Princess Bride was a box office disappointment, but developed a huge fan following thanks to home viewing.

The 1st Austin Powers was kind of a dud in its initial theatrical run but pick up steam with DVD sales enough to get a sequel.

Office Space.

Back
Top Bottom