Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Never have had interests in westerns but I’ll give them an honest shot this year.

Just finished this

1687315835205.jpeg

It was only okay and didn’t live up to hype for me

Just based purely on conversations and anecdotal evidence, Moonrise Kingdom is the movie most liked by people who are not generally Wes Anderson devotees. I think it’s the genuineness of the kids’ performances.
That's my 2nd favorite behind Grand Budapest Hotel. Both are fantastic and I can throw either on and vibe, anytime.

That's my 2nd favorite behind Grand Budapest Hotel. Both are fantastic and I can throw either on and vibe, anytime.
It’s really good. Might be one of Bruce Willis’ best acting jobs. Norton and McDormand are also great.

And despite the uniqueness of being set in Wes-World (as I like to call it) has a lot of components that people can relate to.

Never have had interests in westerns but I’ll give them an honest shot this year.

Just finished this

1687315835205.jpeg

for me, it's great. it is a departure from the typical spaghetti western that people enjoy in the past. not to mention that the bad guy was Clint and who the audience root for. I'm Team Gene. they did him dirty. He didn't deserve to die considering he is just building a house and a law enforcer. he is a good man. William Munny should have been shot like the mangy scoundrel that he is.

Lol at CABIN FEVER.
That little kid doing karate.
The black folk picking up a rifle that was getting cleaned:
Boy that was an odd ride.

Just finished this

1687315835205.jpeg

Westerns are my biggest blind spot in movies.

I think this one plays better if you're a fan of the genre than jumping in fresh. I watched it for the first time within the last year and enjoyed it but wasn't blown away right away.

watching the Indiana Jones for the first time (i know, i know). so far:

Raiders of the Lost Ark: great...loved it pretty much start to finish
Temple of Doom: barf...lame as hell IMO. female lead was such an annoying character. and it's low key offensive as **** to indian folks. but now i get the office line with angela about monkey brains :lol:

that said, looking forward to the next two which i've heard/know will be better than temple of doom. and then the new one in theaters as well, of course

Excuse me? I have no idea what you’re talking about.

But please do try to clearly state what exactly it is that you’re trying to say
Port around it but hit. I am on to them, either I really feel RIP because they're me OR I think they could re-emerge 0_o

watching the Indiana Jones for the first time (i know, i know). so far:

Raiders of the Lost Ark: great...loved it pretty much start to finish
Temple of Doom: barf...lame as hell IMO. female lead was such an annoying character. and it's low key offensive as **** to indian folks. but now i get the office line with angela about monkey brains :lol:

that said, looking forward to the next two which i've heard/know will be better than temple of doom. and then the new one in theaters as well, of course
I just watched all 4 within the last 2 months (all for first time except Raiders).

Agree with everything you said including liking Last Crusade and Crystal Skull more than Temple of Doom

for me, it's great. it is a departure from the typical spaghetti western that people enjoy in the past. not to mention that the bad guy was Clint and who the audience root for. I'm Team Gene. they did him dirty. He didn't deserve to die considering he is just building a house and a law enforcer. he is a good man. William Munny should have been shot like the mangy scoundrel that he is.
I disagree. Munny was a changed man while Little Bill was actively doing dirt. Little Bill didn’t deliver Justice for the prostitutes and he unjustly beat/killed Ned. Munny did terrible things but it clearly had been a looooong time since he was in the game by how poor of a shot he was and the fact that he struggled to get up on a horse every time. Part of me is wondering if the stories of how terrible of a person he was were fabricated and he was only confessing to doing those things to be a tall-tale like figure and scare folks. Especially when multiple times throughout the movie the word-of-mouth story is more fiction than what actually happened

Back
Top Bottom