Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I may have mentioned this before but I normally start movies after 9PM, inevitability get distracted and/or sleepy and watch in 45-60 min chunks over the course of 2-3 days. I just sat down and watched The Departed (for the first time) from start to finish and all I got to say is wow

I was glued to my couch. Amazing movie

Last edited:
I may have mentioned this before but I normally starts movies after 9PM, inevitability get distracted and/or sleepy and watch in 45-60 min chunks over the course of 2-3 days. I just sat down and watched The Departed (for the first time) from start to finish and all I got to say is wow

Any 3-hour-ish movie I feel like benefits from the same-day viewing, start to finish.

Her in that role might’ve been women’s peak.

IMG_3287.jpeg

IMG_3286.jpeg

IMG_3280.jpeg

IMG_3282.jpeg

IMG_3285.png

IMG_3283.jpeg
The fembots in Austin Powers have more personality than she does. Such a wooden actor.

I may have mentioned this before but I normally starts movies after 9PM, inevitability get distracted and/or sleepy and watch in 45-60 min chunks over the course of 2-3 days. I just sat down and watched The Departed (for the first time) from start to finish and all I got to say is wow

I remembered watching this when it first came out and instantly loved it. doing further research after watching it, it was actually a remake of the asian film called "Infernal Affairs".

Any 3-hour-ish movie I feel like benefits from the same-day viewing, start to finish.
I think it depends on the movie. I used to be highly opposed to starting a movie if I couldn’t finish it in one sitting but then I’d never be able to watch movies with my wife cause she can’t stay awake for anything after 8:30PM and it’s been like that for almost our entire 10 year relationship. I just now came over to the watch-movies-in-parts side within the past year.

The fembots in Austin Powers have more personality than she does. Such a wooden actor.

Agreed. Also, she doesn’t seem to have any feminine energy, if that makes sense. She looks mad uncomfortable wearing women’s clothing, or acting with sex appeal.

Has the looks of an attractive love interest. But doesn’t give off that energy on screen. Would be great in Hallmark movies I bet.

I think it depends on the movie. I used to be highly opposed to starting a movie if I couldn’t finish it in one sitting but then I’d never be able to watch movies with my wife cause she can’t stay awake for anything after 8:30PM and it’s been like that for almost our entire 10 year relationship. I just now came over to the watch-movies-in-parts side within the past year.
It's the total opposite for my wife. She can stay up really late. The only thing that I'm only complaining is her getting up in the morning as she'll stay in bed til lunch time and can't convince her even if it's shopping.

Agreed. Also, she doesn’t seem to have any feminine energy, if that makes sense. She looks mad uncomfortable wearing women’s clothing, or acting with sex appeal.

Has the looks of an attractive love interest. But doesn’t give off that energy on screen. Would be great in Hallmark movies I bet.
So shes the blonde version of Kristen Stewart.

Rented 'Fear' on Amazon, rental ran out I was an hour in. If I had to guess the movie will end poorly. Booooooring.

Separately, Zach Galifianakis as toy manufacturer Ty Warner is unrecognizable, the first time this cliche is true.

Sharpooth is still a horrible, cruel piece of ****! Attacking Littlefoot’s sweet, beautiful mother. A peaceful, defenseless long-neck. And a woman long neck at that!

Which I could have summoned John Hammond’s t-rex to whoop sharptooth’s ***! Show him who’s boss!

Land Before Time = Great film, with a horrible villain.

Every character has something going for them except for Shaptooth

1687547052773.jpeg

I mean you still haven’t watched Moonlight but Interstellar is one of my all-time favorites so I’ll let it slide
Au contraire.
Screenshot_20230623_193717_Evernote.jpg

Forgot to post about it in here.
Actually, that's a lie.
Was in a bad place mentally the beginning of the week and that's when I watched it and instead of being a Debbie Downer, I just haven't been posting.

But yeah, Moonlight was very well done. My heart sank at that one scene. You know which one. Out in the school yard. Bro popped him.

Does anyone here use Letterboxd? I don't use any social networking features, but as far as keeping track of movies, I've liked it the past few years to keep my watchlist and a rating.

Does anyone here use Letterboxd? I don't use any social networking features, but as far as keeping track of movies, I've liked it the past few years to keep my watchlist and a rating.

I’ve just been keeping them in a Note on my iPhone but this Letterboxd, which I imagine is an app, seems more convenient because you can include ratings. Can you add when you watched it as well?

I’ve just been keeping them in a Note on my iPhone but this Letterboxd, which I imagine is an app, seems more convenient because you can include ratings. Can you add when you watched it as well?
You can add a review, you can add a score. It's five stars including half stars. You can say whether you liked it. You can add it to a watch list and I think if you pay for premium you can even add just watch so it'll tell you where it's streaming

Back
Top Bottom