Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Flight disappointed me the 2nd season, they used all their pre-written material on the first season so I feel like they couldn't capture the magic when they tried for the 2nd.

^^^ I agree that season 2 of Flight wasn't nearly as good as season 1 (particularly the songs), but I still enjoyed it. I don't know why exactly, but the Murray and Dave characters always made me laugh. Still, I wasn't all that surprised when it didn't come back for another season.

^^^ I agree that season 2 of Flight wasn't nearly as good as season 1 (particularly the songs), but I still enjoyed it. I don't know why exactly, but the Murray and Dave characters always made me laugh. Still, I wasn't all that surprised when it didn't come back for another season.

STRANGERS ON A TRAIN

I'll review this when I make sure the dude with the slick shoes ain't the owner from BASEketball or the dad from Step by Step.

I saw this movie once when I was 10 or 12, because I heard all these great things about Hitchcock. I liked it, that 'one scene' was awesome, but most of it was kinda forgettable. There are only two things you ever hear about Strangers On A Train, ever. Two strangers meet to commit the perfect murder: swapping murders. --SPOILERS?-- And the epic carousel scene, that's one of the most awesome things you'd never expect from a film made in 1951.

But that's it...seeing it again...i didn't like this movie at first. The first 45 minutes felt either really sudden and impatient or drawn out and aimless. I was thinking...damn...I meant to see more Hitchcock movies than I have, but that I've seen...Rope came out a few years before this, Rear Window a few years later. Both of those kill this simple $$@ movie.

Until our main dude goes to Washington DC real quick and sees this guy on the steps of Congress, looking like Spy vs. Spy. Then I got it, Bruno's a cartoon character from hell. Once you realize he's the devil incarnate, the whole style of the movie makes sense and gets better from there. He's a golem. He's The Cable Guy and Tyler Durden's grandfather (and probably JT from Social Network too
grin.gif
). I mean, 60 years later...surprise...this movie's a little too slow and methodical...and that carousel scene was more awesome when it wasn't obvious how they did it, but it works...and I like that ending, smart movie.

8/10, but I probably wouldn't watch it again.

And answering your question CP, apart from all the cop shows that use it and always namedrop the movie...Horrible Bosses comes out on Friday.
nerd.gif

STRANGERS ON A TRAIN

I'll review this when I make sure the dude with the slick shoes ain't the owner from BASEketball or the dad from Step by Step.

I saw this movie once when I was 10 or 12, because I heard all these great things about Hitchcock. I liked it, that 'one scene' was awesome, but most of it was kinda forgettable. There are only two things you ever hear about Strangers On A Train, ever. Two strangers meet to commit the perfect murder: swapping murders. --SPOILERS?-- And the epic carousel scene, that's one of the most awesome things you'd never expect from a film made in 1951.

But that's it...seeing it again...i didn't like this movie at first. The first 45 minutes felt either really sudden and impatient or drawn out and aimless. I was thinking...damn...I meant to see more Hitchcock movies than I have, but that I've seen...Rope came out a few years before this, Rear Window a few years later. Both of those kill this simple $$@ movie.

Until our main dude goes to Washington DC real quick and sees this guy on the steps of Congress, looking like Spy vs. Spy. Then I got it, Bruno's a cartoon character from hell. Once you realize he's the devil incarnate, the whole style of the movie makes sense and gets better from there. He's a golem. He's The Cable Guy and Tyler Durden's grandfather (and probably JT from Social Network too
grin.gif
). I mean, 60 years later...surprise...this movie's a little too slow and methodical...and that carousel scene was more awesome when it wasn't obvious how they did it, but it works...and I like that ending, smart movie.

8/10, but I probably wouldn't watch it again.

And answering your question CP, apart from all the cop shows that use it and always namedrop the movie...Horrible Bosses comes out on Friday.
nerd.gif

when did the simpsons do that? can't remember that episode.

just read up on the 1997 movie "funny games". sounds intriguing but really messed up. i don't like horror movies but this one seems worth a watch

when did the simpsons do that? can't remember that episode.

just read up on the 1997 movie "funny games". sounds intriguing but really messed up. i don't like horror movies but this one seems worth a watch

Ahhhhh I forgot about that Simpsons ep.

I feel like I'm one of the only ones, but I love Funny Games US. The original is the exact shot for shot movie, but the Naomi Watts, Tim Roth, Michael Pitt one...love that movie. No lie, it was on my list of 5.

Ahhhhh I forgot about that Simpsons ep.

I feel like I'm one of the only ones, but I love Funny Games US. The original is the exact shot for shot movie, but the Naomi Watts, Tim Roth, Michael Pitt one...love that movie. No lie, it was on my list of 5.

Scrollin thru Twitter last night, I see a rumor that Jason Statham might be the one they are targeting to take over for Transformers 4?  What the @#$%? 
laugh.gif
  Just because he's bangin the new model in the movie, he'll be handed the keys to this franchise?  How does him takin off his shirt and kickin @#$ help in any way?
roll.gif
 God I hope that rumor is made up as all hell.  That is not the route I want them to take going forward, and I like Statham, but no, not here. 

We still need some more reviews for Strangers on a Train, but Dub you are up, so give us your 5 to choose from. 

Scrollin thru Twitter last night, I see a rumor that Jason Statham might be the one they are targeting to take over for Transformers 4?  What the @#$%? 
laugh.gif
  Just because he's bangin the new model in the movie, he'll be handed the keys to this franchise?  How does him takin off his shirt and kickin @#$ help in any way?
roll.gif
 God I hope that rumor is made up as all hell.  That is not the route I want them to take going forward, and I like Statham, but no, not here. 

We still need some more reviews for Strangers on a Train, but Dub you are up, so give us your 5 to choose from. 

CP... That's what Transformers is. It's a bad Jason Statham movie that people love because there's explosions and stupid action. It fits. They're not turning that franchise into anything remotely serious film... With Statham they're embracing what they are.
laugh.gif

CP... That's what Transformers is. It's a bad Jason Statham movie that people love because there's explosions and stupid action. It fits. They're not turning that franchise into anything remotely serious film... With Statham they're embracing what they are.
laugh.gif

yeah i gotta agree. that franchise wasn't doing anything when they decided to let michael bay in on it. It isn't going to magically change

summer movies have been worse than usual this year. they don't even need to try anymore. romantic comedies and sequels automatically make money

yeah i gotta agree. that franchise wasn't doing anything when they decided to let michael bay in on it. It isn't going to magically change

summer movies have been worse than usual this year. they don't even need to try anymore. romantic comedies and sequels automatically make money

Back
Top Bottom