Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Originally Posted by Proshares

He won't do that (at least not yet) and I'd hate for them this:

Spoiler [+]
Bane breaking Batman at the beginning or during the movie and have him recovered by the end to stop Bane. That recovery story is a good movie in itself.
My head would explode with rage and I'd never forgive him. It would ruin the triology to cover that whole storyline in one movie.

Hol up...detective mode on Arkham was cheating?
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Maaan my brother played through that whole game almost with Detective Mode on...

You had to use it, but hopefully Arkham won't rely as heavily on it.

Maaan my brother played through that whole game almost with Detective Mode on...

Nowitness41Dirk wrote:
Proshares wrote:

Spoiler [+]
Bane breaking Batman at the beginning or during the movie and have him recovered by the end to stop Bane. That recovery story is a good movie in itself.
My head would explode with rage and I'd never forgive him. It would ruin the triology to cover that whole storyline in one movie.

The situation is reminding me of Revenge of the Sith.  Lucas @#$%^& around for 2 movies playin with 8 year old little boys, and then from the storyline we all knew and craved, he had to cram it into 2 and a half hours. 
grin.gif

In the end, he did a great job with 3, which just reinforced my point that he shoulda been doin that to begin with, and we shoulda had 3 great movies instead of 1. 
indifferent.gif

Nolan is not that way, he SLAM DUNKED his first 2 movies, and while he won't have enough time to cram all the Bane material into a shade under 3 hours, he will give us just enough of the arc to make us all happy and nail the franchise down.  Sure, it would be great to have the extra movie to play with, little more leeway and what not, but not every single detail needs to be in the movie to make it great.  The Joker had plenty of material and he narrowed it into 1 movie flawlessly.  Bottom line, things will get left out, we all know that going in, unless he makes a 5 hour movie, but I highly doubt he is going to "Venom" Bane.  He has been perfect for every second of his first 2 movies, I don't see his final film going to @#$%.  No way in hell he lets that happen.  He ain't George Lucas, or Michael Bay, he'll get it right and we'll all be sittin in the theatre like
smokin.gif

Nowitness41Dirk wrote:
Proshares wrote:

Spoiler [+]

The situation is reminding me of Revenge of the Sith.  Lucas @#$%^& around for 2 movies playin with 8 year old little boys, and then from the storyline we all knew and craved, he had to cram it into 2 and a half hours. 
grin.gif

In the end, he did a great job with 3, which just reinforced my point that he shoulda been doin that to begin with, and we shoulda had 3 great movies instead of 1. 
indifferent.gif

Nolan is not that way, he SLAM DUNKED his first 2 movies, and while he won't have enough time to cram all the Bane material into a shade under 3 hours, he will give us just enough of the arc to make us all happy and nail the franchise down.  Sure, it would be great to have the extra movie to play with, little more leeway and what not, but not every single detail needs to be in the movie to make it great.  The Joker had plenty of material and he narrowed it into 1 movie flawlessly.  Bottom line, things will get left out, we all know that going in, unless he makes a 5 hour movie, but I highly doubt he is going to "Venom" Bane.  He has been perfect for every second of his first 2 movies, I don't see his final film going to @#$%.  No way in hell he lets that happen.  He ain't George Lucas, or Michael Bay, he'll get it right and we'll all be sittin in the theatre like
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Yeah, the producers said they'd try to reduce the reliance on Detective Mode in Arkham City so that players could really take in and appreciate the beauty of the city.

And Nowitness you must not have played Assasin's Creed 1; that game was the definition of repetitiveness. I was only able to get through that game because I wanted to see how it ended.

The other games in the series, aren't as bad as the first in terms of repetitiveness.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Yeah, the producers said they'd try to reduce the reliance on Detective Mode in Arkham City so that players could really take in and appreciate the beauty of the city.

And Nowitness you must not have played Assasin's Creed 1; that game was the definition of repetitiveness. I was only able to get through that game because I wanted to see how it ended.

The other games in the series, aren't as bad as the first in terms of repetitiveness.

As much as I loved The Dark Knight, I felt it was like a half an hour too long. I blame The Joker's experiment involving the boat and people.

As much as I loved The Dark Knight, I felt it was like a half an hour too long. I blame The Joker's experiment involving the boat and people.

It kinda took too long for two face to show up and that whole Chinese banker thing.
ohwell.gif

Begins was just on and I realized, that's the only Batman movie where I really liked Bruce Wayne.

It kinda took too long for two face to show up and that whole Chinese banker thing.
ohwell.gif

Begins was just on and I realized, that's the only Batman movie where I really liked Bruce Wayne.

watched clerks the other night...not bad. def has me intrigued to check out clerks 2.

30t6p3b.gif
@ batman leak...get that %%%# outta here
laugh.gif

watched clerks the other night...not bad. def has me intrigued to check out clerks 2.

30t6p3b.gif
@ batman leak...get that %%%# outta here
laugh.gif

Tweet I just saw confirms Foxx, Leo, and Waltz are all signed on for Django.......#pleasebetrue #pleasebetrue #pleasebetrue #pleasebetrue.
pimp.gif

Tweet I just saw confirms Foxx, Leo, and Waltz are all signed on for Django.......#pleasebetrue #pleasebetrue #pleasebetrue #pleasebetrue.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by PMatic

Needed that to set up the Two-Face and "death/funeral" part which was great IMO.  I really don't think I'd cut anything out of it
laugh.gif
maybe the part with Debo.

Originally Posted by PMatic

Needed that to set up the Two-Face and "death/funeral" part which was great IMO.  I really don't think I'd cut anything out of it
laugh.gif
maybe the part with Debo.

Originally Posted by CP1708

pimp.gif
I knew about Leo, had a feeling about Foxx, but Waltz too?
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

pimp.gif
I knew about Leo, had a feeling about Foxx, but Waltz too?
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Movie Marathon today....

X-Men: First Class

Spoiler [+]
25629-nbsp.jpg

Just kidding... this film was excellent. You know what, I don't always expect to see great acting from comic book movies, but this movie delivered in that aspect. James McAvoy playing Charles Xavier did a tremendous job I thought. I had only really previously seen him in 'Wanted' and I didn't think he provided much depth in that movie. In this, though? All sorts of range I thought. He did a great job at being the guiding figure for everyone, even though he was basically around the same age as all of them. He always seemed like the calming force that steered everyone in the correct direction... even Magneto/Eric. My hat goes off to him.

I don't think Jennifer Lawrence is that attractive at all... I really don't know why. January Jones though?
devil.gif

8.5/10

Green Lantern
Spoiler [+]
My fear going into this movie was Ryan Reynolds being Ryan Reynolds. The happy go lucky guy who throws in a few sarcastic jokes here and there. And what did I get? That.
laugh.gif
... I am not hating on Reynolds at all. I actually like the guy in a lot of roles. Just not here....

It felt a lot like a comedy to me, more than a serious comic book movie.

Peter Sarsgaard as Doctor Hammond. Hmm... well he certainly was creepy, I will say that. A couple of times he was @*+%%#! awesome though. Like when that female black doctor and Tim Robbins were in the lab with him... and he like broke out of his restraints and said "Run."
30t6p3b.gif
I was like
eek.gif

Blake Lively as a brunette
devil.gif
. I remember seeing her in 'Accepted' as a blonde, and I wasn't feeling her whatsoever. However, she was beautiful throughout this entire film, especially at that ball/party.

5/10... I wasn't exactly as sour on it as everybody else. I didn't like the ending much at all, but I thought the movie was okay. I could tolerate it.

Super 8
Spoiler [+]
It was okay. I really, really was enjoying the first half of the movie. But guess what? After that... ugh. It really didn't dazzle whatsoever, and to be honest it really was a redundant "aliens on earth" movie.

I was extremely impressed with the acting jobs from the kids. Every single one of them, really! They all did a tremendous job. The fireworker kid, main kid, main blonde girl, the chubby director kid, etc. They all are extremely young but acted well above their age level. Dakota Fanning's sister nailed the scene where she's telling the main kid about how her dad took the shift off or whatever. She absolutely nailed it.

The monster in itself was okay. Spielberg loves to do the classic "don't show the monster, just show the victim's reaction to it". He did it in Jaws... it worked there. I'm not sure if it worked here though? I wasn't really thrown for a loop when I saw it. It was just, alright.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
at Simon Camden from '7th Heaven' being a hilarious stoner. I couldn't stop laughing EVERYTIME he came on screen. Just so funny man.

5.5/10

CP - you can add these to my list I suppose?

Movie Marathon today....

X-Men: First Class

Spoiler [+]
25629-nbsp.jpg

Just kidding... this film was excellent. You know what, I don't always expect to see great acting from comic book movies, but this movie delivered in that aspect. James McAvoy playing Charles Xavier did a tremendous job I thought. I had only really previously seen him in 'Wanted' and I didn't think he provided much depth in that movie. In this, though? All sorts of range I thought. He did a great job at being the guiding figure for everyone, even though he was basically around the same age as all of them. He always seemed like the calming force that steered everyone in the correct direction... even Magneto/Eric. My hat goes off to him.

I don't think Jennifer Lawrence is that attractive at all... I really don't know why. January Jones though?
devil.gif

8.5/10

Green Lantern
Spoiler [+]
My fear going into this movie was Ryan Reynolds being Ryan Reynolds. The happy go lucky guy who throws in a few sarcastic jokes here and there. And what did I get? That.
laugh.gif
... I am not hating on Reynolds at all. I actually like the guy in a lot of roles. Just not here....

It felt a lot like a comedy to me, more than a serious comic book movie.

Peter Sarsgaard as Doctor Hammond. Hmm... well he certainly was creepy, I will say that. A couple of times he was @*+%%#! awesome though. Like when that female black doctor and Tim Robbins were in the lab with him... and he like broke out of his restraints and said "Run."
30t6p3b.gif
I was like
eek.gif

Blake Lively as a brunette
devil.gif
. I remember seeing her in 'Accepted' as a blonde, and I wasn't feeling her whatsoever. However, she was beautiful throughout this entire film, especially at that ball/party.

5/10... I wasn't exactly as sour on it as everybody else. I didn't like the ending much at all, but I thought the movie was okay. I could tolerate it.

Super 8
Spoiler [+]
It was okay. I really, really was enjoying the first half of the movie. But guess what? After that... ugh. It really didn't dazzle whatsoever, and to be honest it really was a redundant "aliens on earth" movie.

I was extremely impressed with the acting jobs from the kids. Every single one of them, really! They all did a tremendous job. The fireworker kid, main kid, main blonde girl, the chubby director kid, etc. They all are extremely young but acted well above their age level. Dakota Fanning's sister nailed the scene where she's telling the main kid about how her dad took the shift off or whatever. She absolutely nailed it.

The monster in itself was okay. Spielberg loves to do the classic "don't show the monster, just show the victim's reaction to it". He did it in Jaws... it worked there. I'm not sure if it worked here though? I wasn't really thrown for a loop when I saw it. It was just, alright.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
at Simon Camden from '7th Heaven' being a hilarious stoner. I couldn't stop laughing EVERYTIME he came on screen. Just so funny man.

5.5/10

CP - you can add these to my list I suppose?

Back
Top Bottom