Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Been watching Foundation week to week. What’s the general consensus? I’m still not quite sure how I feel about it yet, but still intrigued.

I thought movie was decent but OD long, did they really have to do all those sing a longs!?!? Sasha Lane did well in her first role imo. She has gotten some other work but I haven't seen anything else she's bee in.

Is Utopia worth the watch?
Imo, yes to both the UK and the American version.

EbKWfBYX0AEv_Jq.jpg

when-will-no-time-to-die-be-available-to-stream-scaled.jpg
Watched No Time To Die this past weekend. I enjoyed the movie as Daniel Craig's last Bond film. However I found the other 007 to often times be missing in action. Like what is she doing during all this why is she always playing catch up. The forest scene I was expecting her to show up, during the final confrontation I was expecting her to deliver the fatal shot. I can't even give her the benefit of the doubt she is new, she held the title for 3/4 years. Also why did they dress her like that, Moneypenny had a style with her look. However 007 looked like she was straight out of Weekend At Bernie's. I have seen her outside of the movie and she is gorgeous, they just dressed her "oddly"
3504.jpg

Am I the only one with a massive Crush on Joey Lauren Adams?
She plays in a lot of cute and likeable roles, hard to dislike her.

Man I didn't know Paranormal Activity made $193M off of $15k :wow:

Talk about hitting a lick
All about timing came out right when people were in the mood for a flick like that.

Started watching Shang chi 10 rings today. Apparently today is Disney Plus Day? They have a ton of movies you can’t watch after today.

anyways, there’s a scene in Shang chi where dude has a Warriors poster on the wall :pimp: :pimp:

starting Jungle cruise next
Ain't even want to watch that movie for free. Came to the realization some Marvel flicks I am just going to skip. They catch you up anyways no matter how many end credit scenes they add. Captain Marvel, Spiderman, Shang Chi, Eternals (on the fence after the first one) I just ain't going to see them.

She plays in a lot of cute and likeable roles, hard to dislike her.

All about timing came out right when people were in the mood for a flick like that.

Ain't even want to watch that movie for free. Came to the realization some Marvel flicks I am just going to skip. They catch you up anyways no matter how many end credit scenes they add. Captain Marvel, Spiderman, Shang Chi, Eternals (on the fence after the first one) I just ain't going to see them.

I know exactly what you mean. I watched because it was free, but it was easily skippable. Entertaining but not the end of the world if you don’t catch it.

I liked the first half of the movie, it it went south for me in the second half. I might be getting too old for these flicks.

Soon as it hits nothing but splosions, CORNY one liners, laser beams, flying, and dragons, I’m usually checking out. Add the obligatory hip hop for no reason and the formula is complete.

I really liked the actor who played the main character though. He had a lot of charisma.

Saw The Fly for the first time this weekend. Movie was great. One of the most gruesome movies I've ever seen lol. Had no idea it was gonna be that gross. So much cringe. Slasher horror films don't even compare. Saw that it won an Oscar for Best Makeup and Hairstyling which was well deserved. To make a movie that gross without all the blood & violence like most horror movies was pretty creative.

Saw The Fly for the first time this weekend. Movie was great. One of the most gruesome movies I've ever seen lol. Had no idea it was gonna be that gross. So much cringe. Slasher horror films don't even compare. Saw that it won an Oscar for Best Makeup and Hairstyling which was well deserved. To make a movie that gross without all the blood & violence like most horror movies was pretty creative.
Sounds like you want to watch more body horror :evil:

Any recs?
The Fly actually has a sequel. Its schlocky and not very good, but it has some great effects :lol:
BoldVigorousGallinule-size_restricted.gif

I assume you've already seen the well known classics like The Thing and Hellraiser. If not, then those are definitely go tos.

I recommend checking out David Cronenberg's (director of The Fly) earlier films too. The Brood, Scanners, and Videodrome are all very good.

Back
Top Bottom