Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Wildin. Also saw that

Not as bad as:

Universal Reportedly Plans To Remake Jaws, Spielberg May Produce

Back to the Future Part II predicted that by 2015 we would be up to Jaws 19 (featuring holographic advertising technology!). Sadly for fans of the franchise, the original killer shark (and its counterparts in the sequels) has lain dormant since 1987’s Jaws: The Revenge. But now, according to our sources, Universal Pictures are in early development on a remake of the original.

:sick:

1917 - 6.5/8

Amazing movie with excellent visuals and like others have said you really feel immersed in the war environment. The style of you following the actors around was very well done and the mostly longshots were extremely well done. It does slow down a bit and there were a few scenes I thought went on too long but all in all I'd highly recommend this one. It does a great job of building tension and gets you emotionally involved towards the end for sure.

Yes.

Looking forward in to s2 in 2 weeks.

It's like a period piece version of the X-Files and a notch below Fringe from going full blown aliens exist and there's a conspiracy covering them up.

I'd recommend it for anybody in to mystery/conspiracy sci-fi.

Cool. Will start watching S1 this weekend.

Uncut Gems 6.5/8

Went in blind thinking this was supposed to be a "serious" role, but it was a def a lot less serious than I was expecting. Didn't really matter because Sandler made the unintentional comedy and goofiness work. He was really good. Oscar nom probably a stretch, but I guess I wouldn't be mad at it. Should have taken a benzo before seeing this. The score and tension were panic inducing.

Last edited:
Stop remaking classics and remake ****** movies that you can improve on!

also is anyone watching Servant on AppleTv+ ?
Just finished the first episode and I’m just... “what?!!!!”

Jay and Silent Bob Reboot - 4/8
Movie was basically a parody on reboots and while it had some funny parts it ultimately fell flat for me. I get what Smith was trying to do by making fun of his own characters but this one was nowhere near as good as the first Jay and Silent Bob flick. Some good cameos and if you're a fan of Mallrats, Dogma, Clerks and Chasing Amy it's worth at least one watch just keep expectations low.

Going to watch “My Sassy Girl” again tonight. Been over 7 years since I watched it. Good ending, simple but still didn’t see it coming.

7/8

Oh **** yeah I remember that, good film. Korean w/subtitles though.
Love this movie...I remember I was going through a phase at the time I first watched it.

Subtitles is the way to go with any foreign film.

Back
Top Bottom