Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Man I don't watch NETWORK Television, I can tell you it's been atleast 5years since(Hannibal) I've watched a Network TV Show.

TOnight I was channel surfing and saw something called Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist.
I thought, what a Stupid Stupid idea.
I watched the whole damn episode.
I can't wait to see next weeks episode.

Saw "Uncut Gems" over the weekend. Really enjoyed it but didn't like how much was going on throughout the movie. Im naturally an impatient person with anxiety and it really made my anxiety level go up.

I would rate it a 7/8 for the movie. The ending was unexpected.

But a 8/8 for my anxiety....or should I say 1/8 because I didn't like the feeling of it??? :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
this movie was super disappointing. one of tommy boys flops imo.

he only has a couple of those flops to his name. Rock of Ages comes to mind as another one. Valkyrie wasn’t all that great. That’s all I can really remember

Last edited:
he only has a couple of those flops to his name. Rock of Ages comes to mind as another one. Valkyrie wasn’t all that great. That’s all I can really remember

i thought valkyrie was good. have yet to see rock of ages. knight and day got trashed but i thought it was good.

Parasite 7.5/8. Damn good & I was very entertained and felt suspense. Tho I could have done without the emphasis on Morse code at its reoccurring rate.
Won't shock me if it takes home the Oscar.

The Two Popes 6.5/8. Casting was unreal. Hopkins and Pryce (High Sparrow ftw :pimp:) were topnotch. Story was solid but I definitely caught myself not fully checked in at some moments. I think it was the flashbacks to young Francis that could have been 'sped up' a bit.

1917 - 7.65/8

Easily one of the compelling and immersive movies I've ever seen. I hadn't heard much about it before I saw it, but I did know that the movie, like Birdman, was supposed to be percieved as a constant one shot. Of course there are breaks here and there, but evem with the breaks it's pretty amazing how well choreographed everything is. I heard someone describe it as the Normandy landings in Saving Private Ryan for two straight hours. I never wanted to look away, and the camera work always made me feel like I was tagging along right with them. Roger Deakens the god.

If you were debating, go see this movie.

1917 - 7.65/8

Easily one of the compelling and immersive movies I've ever seen. I hadn't heard much about it before I saw it, but I did know that the movie, like Birdman, was supposed to be percieved as a constant one shot. Of course there are breaks here and there, but evem with the breaks it's pretty amazing how well choreographed everything is. I heard someone describe it as the Normandy landings in Saving Private Ryan for two straight hours. I never wanted to look away, and the camera work always made me feel like I was tagging along right with them. Roger Deakens the god.

So mad I didn't just see it last weekend. Hoping I can get to it tomorrow or Saturday.

I have no doubts 1917 will be great, I just.....War movies are hard. I don't know why, they just are. Bruce Willis takin on everyone at Nakatomi, no prob, 2 hours of joy. But actual War films...... :frown:

Trippin whoever said Jack Reacher was trash. :smh:

Regal + Pepsi, you guys see that? :nerd: I'm way more happy than I should be, but Moutain Dew at Regal theaters is :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: I hate the Coke products. But this is a huge move by Pepsi.

1917 - 7.65/8

Well damn. Was gonna see Uncut Gems tomorrow but might reconsider.

I have no doubts 1917 will be great, I just.....War movies are hard. I don't know why, they just are. Bruce Willis takin on everyone at Nakatomi, no prob, 2 hours of joy. But actual War films...... :frown:
Oh yeah, I avoid similar movies for the same reason. And yeah, 1917 is pretty damn heavy at times. It's just one of those movies that I think will really have an impact on how movies are filmed going forward.

I went into it excited to see all the technicality, but 5 minutes in I was hooked. It's definitely going to pull at your heartstrings a bunch. It's totally worth it, though.

Well damn. Was gonna see Uncut Gems tomorrow but might reconsider.
Uncut Gems was great too. Similar in the atmosphere and anxiety it creates. 1917 is really doing some groundbreaking stuff. You can't go wrong with either, though.

Back
Top Bottom