Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

12 Angry Men, 1957*
tenor.gif

Boo this man and his good taste.
No worries sir, I understood.
Hey you gotta be fair and impartial man. Dont jump to conclusions on these picks

I also want to call in to question johnnyredstorm johnnyredstorm 's 1st round pick. I think he meant

51jdbFrmvfL._SY445_.jpg

And through some auto correct error "Driver" was just automatically added on.

I leave it to you and the board to confer on this grievous mistake.

The Irishman. Saw it Saturday. 7.5/8. The story was phenomenal, the acting too. Everyone on screen delivered, and not one actor/actress felt out of place whatsoever.

The only movie gripe I had was that the ending felt a bit too long in Frank's old age story. Can't wait to see it again on Netflix. Movie definitely deserved the theater viewing that I had.

So I saw it with my gf, and another couple. Them three read I Heard You Paint Houses. I did not. Apparently some key components were left out, which would have been nice to see in the film. ie: Frank's childhood with his father, and the fact that apparently Frank (in the age that he was portrayed the majority of the film) was an alcoholic? Neither factor was touched on.

I remember those years when SNL and Hollywood were trying to force Fallon on us, dark times.

Still trying to figure out the small part he had in Almost Famous. So random. How did that happen? And why?

That said, I have to confess to thinking Fever Pitch is decent and enjoying the (numerous) times on SNL he broke character and started visibly laughing during a sketch.

The Irishman. Saw it Saturday. 7.5/8. The story was phenomenal, the acting too. Everyone on screen delivered, and not one actor/actress felt out of place whatsoever.

The only movie gripe I had was that the ending felt a bit too long in Frank's old age story. Can't wait to see it again on Netflix. Movie definitely deserved the theater viewing that I had.

So I saw it with my gf, and another couple. Them three read I Heard You Paint Houses. I did not. Apparently some key components were left out, which would have been nice to see in the film. ie: Frank's childhood with his father, and the fact that apparently Frank (in the age that he was portrayed the majority of the film) was an alcoholic? Neither factor was touched on.

giphy.gif

As an Honorary member of Team Duff, nice dolphin nice dolphin has graciously asked me to announce his next pick at the podium. It gives me great honor to announce Team Nice Dolphins prepared statement at the podium.
Other genre’s need filling on my roster and I’ll probably end up losing my some films I have in mind but I don’t want to this piece of art to get Seven Samurai’d.
6157FB23-2B07-414C-97A1-E237D598A532.png

One of my favorite directors and my personal favorite from Mexico’s Big 3, I choose Alfonso Cuarón’s magnum opus.

89AC82B4-4B97-4D73-9ADD-962402F776F6.gif

On the surface, it’s a road trip coming of age film. However, as you peel that initial layer back, you see this is not just some simple, one-layered fruit but a WHOLE onion.

C86CBCF4-3E0D-4198-9717-CD297214E5BD.gif

The take on the socioeconomic differences in Mexico between classes told through the relationship of two friends was complex enough but then you throw in a Spanish conquistadora as a wrench between them? Masterful. And that’s just ONE major theme present in this movie.

18DACD20-5A18-4B15-AD2F-D893EFD49FB7.gif

Oh, and did I forget to say this was shot by El Chivo? IYKYK.
6157FB23-2B07-414C-97A1-E237D598A532.png

Thank you, and good luck to all competitors.

Probably the Greatest Western of All Time

This scene alone puts it on top. I can't even describe it. **** just floors me everytime.

As for why I picked Unforgiven over this...idk :lol:. Unforgiven is more like a post-modern deconstruction of the Western genre and theres something about its meditative nature that resonates with me more. But if i had to pick THE WESTERN...its OUATW

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom