Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

For my 2nd pick, under Western.

c4b1e483-c610-4df8-9a5d-925ac12326f3.gif

A slowburn so tense, just from pictures, you can hear the score right now.

3ba9959b-2df8-4456-a04e-993d5b4b1d2c.gif

There Will Be Blood...
Whenever I'm watching it, it's the greatest film I've ever seen.

c2cf4f1a-5c16-46a8-80ef-906e0f7b93e4.gif

And every time I watch it, I can't tell if all of these things were always there, or if it takes new meaning each time as the world changes and I change. It helped a young me understand America. And capitalism. And all the things we've sacrificed along the way.

0fbec6ea-3334-4d74-9fac-bc5d4f78f249.gif

362a19f8-189c-4cbd-8553-778b96d9e88d.gif
Damn...life comes at you fast, que no?

giphy.gif

Meangene45 Meangene45

I watched Booksmart today, what a really great coming of age comedy.

Olivia Wilde was really strong in her directorial debut, the writing was sharp, acting solid, good soundtrack, really no complaints. I know there was comments that it was like a female Superbad, but that doesn't seem fair to either movie. Superbad is a classic teen comedy with laugh out loud jokes from some of the funniest actors of our time. This wasn't trying to be that, but it was still really funny and compared more to 21 Jump Street in how they captured high school personalities and characters.

It was a really smart spin on the high school coming of age movie, with them realizing all of the "idiot" popular kids also got into good schools, it was a fun spin on the usual "we have one night to party before graduation" kind of story. I was impressed and by the 3rd act was laughing every minute.

I watched Booksmart today, what a really great coming of age comedy.

Olivia Wilde was really strong in her directorial debut, the writing was sharp, acting solid, good soundtrack, really no complaints. I know there was comments that it was like a female Superbad, but that doesn't seem fair to either movie. Superbad is a classic teen comedy with laugh out loud jokes from some of the funniest actors of our time. This wasn't trying to be that, but it was still really funny and compared more to 21 Jump Street in how they captured high school personalities and characters.

It was a really smart spin on the high school coming of age movie, with them realizing all of the "idiot" popular kids also got into good schools, it was a fun spin on the usual "we have one night to party before graduation" kind of story. I was impressed and by the 3rd act was laughing every minute.

I watched it on my flight 2 weeks ago and I pretty much agree. It didn’t have me bursting out in laughter every couple minutes but it was funny and entertaining through out. I’m interested in seeing what Wilde directs next.

Back
Top Bottom