Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I went and saw Terminator dark fate last night and I really enjoyed it. Definitely the best Terminator movie since Terminator 2. I like the female characters and the new Terminator model was really creative and he showed off his skills in a lot of creative ways.

That being said, the first 10 minutes of the movie really annoyed me.

So the big spoiler in this movie is that in this timeline despite avoiding judgement day, a Terminator kills John Connor in 1998. This is very stupid and brings a lot of black holes into the story. It pretty much destroys one of the coolest parts of Terminator 2 (John surviving and the t-800 sacrificing himself)

1. Who is still sending these Terminator is back in time?

2. If we're assuming they sent his Terminator in 1992, why did it take him 6 years to find John Connor? In the other movies these terminators are hyper adaptive and smart, how did it take this long to find the kid? Was the Terminator lost or something?

3. If the Terminator was sent after the events of Terminator 2, why did skynet send it back a t-800 and not a t-1000, if the technology to do so exists? Why send back an older model?

4. The whole point of the t-800 sacrificing himself in Terminator 2 was to make sure that no skynet or Terminator technology existed in the past but now apparently there's a Terminator just chilling in Texas? So the terminators emotional sacrifice in Terminator 2 was worthless

5. If there's a Terminator living in the 90s, wouldn't he just invent skynet himself? That makes a lot more sense than him getting married and holding a drape shop

6. are we supposed to believe that his wife never knew that he wasn't human? They've been married for 20 years and she never notices that he never bleeds, sleeps, eats or get sick? Or the fact that he weighs like 500 lbs and doesn't have a beating heart?

Despite its flaws, I really enjoyed the movie and I'm interested to see where the franchise goes from here
i honestly believe, no matter how hard they try, judgment day still comes. Every time they “stop” it, it just moves further down the timeline. Humanity and the machines are locked in a time loop cold war

With my first overall pick of the greatest movie of all-time draft, I will be selecting one of my all-time favorite movies that I believe is worthy of a first round selection. There were a lot of strong, strong choices, but I have to follow my heart in my draft strategy. My teams have clearly been unappreciated in my own time, so hopefully in a few years the critics will look more kindly.

With the 7th overall pick of the first round, the Big J 33 organization proudly takes..... Pulp Fiction, Crime.
noskey noskey

I went and saw Terminator dark fate last night and I really enjoyed it. Definitely the best Terminator movie since Terminator 2. I like the female characters and the new Terminator model was really creative and he showed off his skills in a lot of creative ways.

That being said, the first 10 minutes of the movie really annoyed me.

So the big spoiler in this movie is that in this timeline despite avoiding judgement day, a Terminator kills John Connor in 1998. This is very stupid and brings a lot of black holes into the story. It pretty much destroys one of the coolest parts of Terminator 2 (John surviving and the t-800 sacrificing himself)

1. Who is still sending these Terminator is back in time?

2. If we're assuming they sent his Terminator in 1992, why did it take him 6 years to find John Connor? In the other movies these terminators are hyper adaptive and smart, how did it take this long to find the kid? Was the Terminator lost or something?

3. If the Terminator was sent after the events of Terminator 2, why did skynet send it back a t-800 and not a t-1000, if the technology to do so exists? Why send back an older model?

4. The whole point of the t-800 sacrificing himself in Terminator 2 was to make sure that no skynet or Terminator technology existed in the past but now apparently there's a Terminator just chilling in Texas? So the terminators emotional sacrifice in Terminator 2 was worthless

5. If there's a Terminator living in the 90s, wouldn't he just invent skynet himself? That makes a lot more sense than him getting married and holding a drape shop

6. are we supposed to believe that his wife never knew that he wasn't human? They've been married for 20 years and she never notices that he never bleeds, sleeps, eats or get sick? Or the fact that he weighs like 500 lbs and doesn't have a beating heart?

Despite its flaws, I really enjoyed the movie and I'm interested to see where the franchise goes from here

totally agree. It’s like, how they just gone keep sending Terminators?? Supposedly sky net destroyed how the hell they still sending ish back? How did T2 not know about Carl?
the cgi in the beginning with Furlong and Linda was amazing. Really dope.
Also glad the t800 was not all busted like in genisys. Dude was rusting up in the one :lol:

not a big fan of one person being the main solution and rallying up the people, but oh well.

All rushing me :lol:

With my first pick, I choose the film that made me realize someone actually made movies.

1ad254dc-b6ce-4f63-bbd2-50b9002eae87.gif

Visual hip-hop. A living poem. The bar I set for how much I need a film to make me feel things to get on my list. ??

a6400409-98d9-4d55-ae24-ce16e804c4fa.gif

5ee6ce30-8e33-480f-9bc9-7920036f4984.gif

Early picks are impressive. Shaping to be a great draft...competition is going to be fierce...

Patiently waiting for danger style danger style to pick an indie foreign film that 8 people actually watched.

That comes later :evil:

For my first pick I'm going Scorsese as well

RAGING BULL - Sports

My favorite Scorsese and maybe my favorite American film of all time straight up

Got a chance to see this on 35mm at one of my local theaters last year and it just reaffirmed my love for it even more.

S/o Joe Pesci, RIP Frank Vincent

Back
Top Bottom