Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Looking back in happy I watched all of House as it aired.

Very good show but it's more the later seasons that seem aimless a little before and after a certain actor leaves the show until they right the ship in the final season.

I'd imagine Mad Men is only a grind if the time period is a chore to get in to. I got in to that as it aired around the 3rd season and it was quite easy to binge.

Last edited:
Watched the first episode of Divorce. Will watch the next few to see what happens from there.

As far as House goes, people have told me that season 4+ is where things get interesting and it's not just "story of the week". Layers are uncovered with House and crew, so that's kind of interesting.

Still think Nip/Tuck was better (so far), even though they went way off the ledge.

I can't remember going by seasons.

There was the first few where he had the same core 3 which was just good for case of the week but had other stuff like his ex-gf/wife. Then he had the auditions for new helpers which was great. Then it delved deeper in to House and Wilson and Omar Epps. Then it wavered when he hooked up with Cutty but then he got hurt again/went a bit crazy/got arrested and it got real crazy. After that it was just towards the end with another new crew.

Last edited:
Finally made it to season 4 of House and I can't decide if I want to keep going or revisit it later.
i think i won't watch season 5. seasons 3 and 4 were too ridiculous for me. kevin spacey is great and so is robin wright but that's not enough for me to grind out another season. pretty much same for when orange is the new black comes back on. i think that might be one of the unintended effects of binge watching a show - i get burned out.

:rofl: He had me so lost for a sec.

Like how did I miss the ep of House with Kevin Spacey or Robin Wright? :lol:

SPOILER - Kevin Spacey and Robin Wright don't appear in the series. Other great guest appearances though.

It's just hard trying to binge watch a show that has the same overall premise episode after episode. There's no mystery, which I enjoy to keep me hooked.

:lol:

don't really like many network shows.

Right there with you, man. I don't think I've regularly watched a scripted network show - comedy or drama - in like 3 or 4 years. I think the last thing was the second season of New Girl. I've tried some shows here and there - Quantico, Blindspot, Dr. Ken - and none of them grabbed me. I just find them so dull and formulaic compared to the cable shows that I can't get into them.

Right there with you, man. I don't think I've regularly watched a scripted network show - comedy or drama - in like 3 or 4 years. I think the last thing was the second season of New Girl. I've tried some shows here and there - Quantico, Blindspot, Dr. Ken - and none of them grabbed me. I just find them so dull and formulaic compared to the cable shows that I can't get into them.

I didn't really realize that I feel the same way until you pointed that out. At least the cable shows push the boundary a little more.

It's been a while since FX had a show to catch my attention too...are they still putting out content on the regular or what? I haven't paid attention since they launched FXX.

It's been a while since FX had a show to catch my attention too...are they still putting out content on the regular or what? I haven't paid attention since they launched FXX.
man.. you gotta get on Atlanta AND fargo (both on FX.. highly recommend both)

Yeah I'm not okay with Sausage Party. In my opinion, it was not well done. There's crude humor that is still witty, then there's crude humor that is just crass for no reason. This falls under the latter category.

I was just extremely uncomfortable throughout. Had an uneasy feeling from the start, and ESPECIALLY during the "climax" at the end. Not my cup of tea, but no disrespect to anyone that enjoyed it. I just thought they had a decent premise, and squandered it with some lazy dialogue.

Rating gets a boost for the voice acting of Edward Norton. Other than that, 4/8

Last edited:
Yo I saw Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children yesterday. Tim Burton always comes through with the wild visuals. Eva Green felt under used but the kids all shined. 6/8

Thread had an off day?
Bummer.

Riley Keough was perfect for the Girlfriend Experience.
Show is super underrated.
It told a great story.

I think maybe the World is embarrassed to like it and share on it?

giphy.gif

Saw moonlight, nothing earth shattering but but a very touching story none the less. Mahershala Ali is a superstar and janelle monae might be the finest woman on earth.

Has anyone checked out that time traveling show starring Abigail Spencer bae? Probably another show nbc will cancel after one season. I should just finish up Rectify.

Back
Top Bottom