Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

What are they counting exactly? Cuz if they're saying the mcu has grossed 3.9 bill that's wrong.

*edit

Probably counting domestic money

*edit

If you count international money my guess it bumps SW to 3

Last edited:
Lucasfilm are releasing 3 SW movies a year now? :wow:

No. Not quite. But 1 a year is a lot more than they've done for the 40 years before now.
:lol: Oh.

Well that's because Lucas stalled for a decade and a half for the prequels and then everybody hated it instead of praising it and that seemed to matter more to him than the millions it made so he wasn't in a rush at his age to make another one again.

1 a year is cool but they are doing more anthologies. I dunno about catching up to Marvel off of that output pace.

Cold In July

This is the full length film version of True Detective basically. Each act of this movie is like a new movie. Very cool, and very entertaining. 6.8/8

:pimp: Yup.

Might be due for another re-watch of that.

TD minus the Rust Cohle. I didn't look at it that way initially but with those depraved murders yeah pretty much.

S2 of Aquarius is on NBC right now and 30 min in shockingly with no commercials.

Edit

Wow they went like 90 min before a commercial. NBC giving no dambs airing this show like it's a movie just cuz it's the summer season for tv series.

Last edited:
Cold In July

This is the full length film version of True Detective basically. Each act of this movie is like a new movie. Very cool, and very entertaining. 6.8/8
i enjoyed this as well

The guy that wrote the book this was adapted from also wrote Hap and Leonoard

Last edited:
Macgyver is huge internationally so it's going to get made no matter what. Even that crappy first pilot was enough to sell it everywhere. CBS  got the Hawaii 5-0 guy to rewrite it so if you like that you'll probably like this. James Wan directing the pilot is an upgrade no matter what, but he's one and done probably even though he's still producing. 

Watching Die Hard 2. Had to laugh when McClean says "how can the same thing happen to the same guy twice???!!!" Was kind of ironic considering that like 5 more sequels would come after that.

Die Hard with a Vengeance was my favorite for awhile.. mostly because HBO showed it a lot more when I was growing up.

I later realized that the original Die Hard is one of the best action movies ever. It is one of those where I kept seeing and reading about how great it was and thinking "Ehh, it's probably just an okay, standard action movie" but it really is deserving of the praise and respect.

YES! and I love Christmas movies.. even movies that aren't about Christmas but are set around the holiday. It's probably why I love Shane Black so much.

I loved the first 3 Die Hards, even 4 was tolerable, but 5 was an abortion.

OG is best, and 3 is probably second because of Irons, but 2 isn't bad, just not on 3's level.

I think I've seen every Die Hard but the first and most recent. Maybe I'll watch the first one tomorrow.

My favorite character in Brooklyn 99 always references it, maybe it's time I understand his jokes :lol:

Last edited:
watched nightcrawler , i didnt like jake gyllenhal for that role. he's awesome and he can play a nerd like in zodiac, but it was just too much for me. 5/10

Back
Top Bottom