Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I even skimmed through the trailer and it has cringey haha.

Is that Emma Watson as the beauty? The greatest story of Stockholm syndrome and now bae is in it?
pimp.gif

Cant do it anymore.
Just cant.

Cant be a fan of Johnny Depp any longer.
Can no longer defend him and his garbage redundant childish roles.

Dude's all about the paycheck, doesnt give a damn about quality of movies anymore. :smh:
Did you watch Alice movie expecting something decent? :lol: :nerd:

What was the final straw?

For something like this I'd like to wait until I'm thinking Depp chose a role and movie with some promise and then he completely lets me down with it.

I think somebody said it in here though, he needs to stop working with Burton. Maybe start working with some other director that's working with Disney a lot.
5 minute trailer though :rofl:

Talk about cliff notes for an entire movie :x
Yo I saw the title on sites yesterday and asked why would I want to watch a 5 min trailer of the Independence Day sequel? That's just begging for me to have zero interest in seeing the movie if I watch it :lol:

i might be the only one in this thread that didn't like penny dreadful. i watched the first season and some of the second and just gave it up. acting was good, just didn't like the story at all.

Nah im with you.

Did not like it at all, extremely overrated IMHO.

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's overrated or extremely overrated. If anything it's underrated and under the radar.

Eva Green doesn't get nearly enough credit for her spectacular acting performance throughout this show :smh:

She's amazing at playing a tortured, tormented person. Her film roles have been interesting as well. Creepy and weird movies.

Last edited:
The scenes of Frankie and the hot psychiatrist this season on Wentworth are appreciated.

Ain't eem know the new X-Men was already upon us.

Still tight that they disrespected my man Oscar Isaac by having him play Ivan Ooze instead of Apocalypse but I'm still pumped to check it out.

I think they did a great job with casting.

Eva Green doesn't get nearly enough credit for her spectacular acting performance throughout this show :smh:
She's easily in the top 5 current actresses.

Last edited:
I can't get over how Apocalypse does not look like Apocalypse. He looks underpowered plus I would have thought they would have cast someone taller to play his role.

Y'all go me fiending to watch the latest Penny Dreadful episode. 

My cable company doesn't carry Showtime anymore so I have to dl episodes now.

Mind blown when I looked up the dude who plays Dracula was the Lumberjack's (aka Dexters) brother on Dexter.

That's him? I didn't recognize him at all. He got hipster look now with the haircut and beard.

I can't get over how Apocalypse does not look like Apocalypse. He looks underpowered plus I would have thought they would have cast someone taller to play his role.

This is still pretty much what I think of when imagining how Apocalypse should look.

This is still pretty much what I think of when imagining how Apocalypse should look.
Yep same
I do not know where their minds was at when they drew dude's model.

Last edited:
fox and singer do that crap on purpose to make people mad.

You're probably joking but I'm beginning to think so.. On some Snyder-esque I can do what I want with the characters and they'll still come to see it steeze.

To a point, he'd be right.

Similar to Jungle Book this is something I can actually get excited about in place of Alice Through the Looking Glass. Big fan of the story.
really?

just a little curious why?

I read or watched something and it completely screwed up beauty and the beast for me.. I cant look at it the same anymore

basically just broke down how messed up the whole situation was..

the prince was probably like 10-11 when he got cursed.. the witch on top of being a witch came in the middle of the night

cursing everyone, including the dog based off a decision (that wasn't necessarily wrong given the circumstances) of a very young kid

finished watching 11-22-63. not bad. ending was preachy and emotional but pulled off pretty well 5.7/8
about to watch brothers grimsby now.

Last edited:
Similar to Jungle Book this is something I can actually get excited about in place of Alice Through the Looking Glass. Big fan of the story.

really?

just a little curious why?

I read or watched something and it completely screwed up beauty and the beast for me.. I cant look at it the same anymore

In terms of animation Beauty and the Beast is a Top 5 Disney movie for me. Lots of good memories associated with it from that. As I grew older I then came across numerous different interpretations, in both animation and literature, and every single time i've found myself fascinated with the basic concept and the different additions from each interpretation and it really does come down to a person needing to be able to look to who a person actually is on the inside in order to really fall in love with them, which is naturally made harder by his monstrous appearance on the outside and his abrasive personality as a result of it. I think it's one of those ideas that could also be considered a classic, hence you have it appearing again and again over time through numerous different forms. It's not that far off from why I like Aladdin (Which emphasizes the "diamond in the rough concept) or a Goofy movie (Story that's just about the relationship between a father and his son) so much. Simple idea that I see handled very well. There are definitely darker aspects to the story to, as there are with pretty much all fairy tales, but just in terms of the brighter ones it's easily one of my favorite stories of all time.

Back
Top Bottom