Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I thought the original Wet Hot American Summer movie was just ok. Had a few funny moments, but I didn't love it. So, I'm kind of iffy on the show despite liking a lot of the cast members.

Finally got around to seeing Jurassic World with my 11 year old son who loved, loved, loved the flick. He said Chris Pratt is his favorite actor.

If you look at the flick only in terms of being a summer action/pop corn flick, it was enjoyable. 6.4/8.

From a critical view, there were a lot implausible elements to the film that were just downright silly (running in heels with a T Rex at your back?!?!). No character development, Bryce Howard's character was meh & should have feminists up in arms, etc. :rolleyes

Having said all that, it was at least a fun summer action flick. Looking over & seeing my son enjoy the movie was priceless.

I can really see Chris Pratt (& only him) becoming the next Indiana Jones. He was tailor made for the role should they do a reboot...

If there a good show time tomorrow when I wake up ill check out Jurassic World 

Edit 

Tickets $5.00 and the first showing is at 10:30. May have to make a mimosa then head out

Last edited:

Edit 

Tickets $5.00 and the first showing is at 10:30. May have to make a mimosa then head out
just take a flask with you
Damn movie is that bad
no no no, I meant if you're tryna drink why not just take a flask as well 
laugh.gif
 did that on my 3rd viewing of GoTG

I have not seen the movie yet

Edit 

just take a flask with you
Damn movie is that bad
no no no, I meant if you're tryna drink why not just take a flask as well 
laugh.gif
 did that on my 3rd viewing of GoTG

I have not seen the movie yet
laugh.gif
 Got ya. Ill figure out what im going to do in the am.

Going to roll out of bed(brush my teeth), fix a drink or flask, then off to the movies as is

I'm hearing Terminator is the best movie of the year.

Terminator> JW> Avengers

I know reviews aren't everything but 25% on RT is pretty bad

Heard a few callers cosign the movie on the radio today. Sports Radio too so it hit them good enough to mention it, and then have a couple cosign callers.

I'm going to love it on GP, word to Emilia

Last edited:
why did extant get a second season? and even more puzzling...why am i watching this damn show? :smh:
I gave up on that and Under the Dome after watching a good deal of their first seasons. Just wasn't good.

I'm almost a bit ashamed to see Halle is still attached to that and promoting it. Not that she's ever been consistently great but c'mon. Look at all these other movie stars deciding to go to tv. It's all about the choice like whether you go to basic tv networks or netflix, AMC, HBO, etc.

I have to apologize for bagging on John Wick.
Equalizer is on right now and all I can think about is "John Wick would murder this dude"

The movies after T2 are so bad we can't even get an actor to play John Connor in more than one movie. Different guy in rise of the machines, salvation, and now geneysis.

People keep saying that if I liked John Wick I would like the Equalizer so I gotta watch that. But nah no ones seeing John Wick

The movies after T2 are so bad we can't even get an actor to play John Connor in more than one movie. Different guy in rise of the machines, salvation, and now geneysis.

Yeah, for that reason I don't really count them as "real" Terminator movies. Its just the original and T2 to me. Same with Alien and Aliens. I don't acknowledge any of the Alien movies after those.

Yeah, for that reason I don't really count them as "real" Terminator movies. Its just the original and T2 to me. Same with Alien and Aliens. I don't acknowledge any of the Alien movies after those.

Same here

I can't even remember what happens past T2

Back
Top Bottom