Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Son....Even if I had absolutely no clue what the movie was. Comic book...romantic comedy...horror...oscarbait...whatever.

If you just told me wanna watch a movie starring Ben Affleck, Gal Gadot and Jesse Eisenberg OR
one with Chris Pratt, Bradley Cooper, Zoe Saldana, Karen Gillan and Vin Diesel...

:nerd:.... I'm picking the Pratt pack 10 times out of 10.

Gal Gadot is a nothing actress to me. There are 30 of her and all of them do fine with 5 lines and body shot, but not much more. Affleck...I don't hate him...anymore, but I would never ever see a movie, because of him. Same with Eisenberg. If anything, you gotta stack the deck to make up for them. I don't like seeing them work, unless everything is just perfect around them, because their performances won't ever be THE reason to watch.

When zombies or David Fincher aren't involved, I could care less about watching Jesse Eisenberg. And I didn't watch The Town or Argo, because Affleck was starring in them. I watched cuz he was directing them. I watched cuz Jeremy Renner was in a role I knew he'd kill, and Argo basically had a TV all-star team out of Cranston, Goodman, Coach Taylor, Man in Black, Alias dad.

BTW, you look hype for GotG......have you taken a good look at that cast? :nerd: Don't throw shade at MOS2. :lol:
:stoneface: This is like the rookie-sophomore game suddenly turning out hype. MOS2 is like your best player blowing his knee out before Game 3 of the Finals.

Did you ever watch Homeland again? :nerd:

also your review on the recent season of Boardwalk. Doubt your opinion of Steve has changed but story wise with Chalky, Narcisse, and Harrow should have some interesting insight that I've possibly haven't picked up on.

Last edited:

Forest is winning!

So I finally watched Children of Men....****** wow
favourite movie of all time omg the cinematography
eek.gif
pimp.gif
Cuaron's style with long takes, and I'm not only talking about the car scene because there are so many others. a Dystopian Sci-fi that hits everything for me. French style that has you try to pick up what's going on personally with Juilan Moore and Clive Owen's character

favourite movie of all time omg the cinematography:wow: :pimp: Cuaron's style with long takes, and I'm not only talking about the car scene because there are so many others. a Dystopian Sci-fi that hits everything for me. French style that has you try to pick up what's going on personally with Juilan Moore and Clive Owen's character

Yeah the long takes in the car chase and at the battle in the end were amazing. Alfonso Cuaron needs to make movies more often.

I'm glad I'm not the only one stoked for Guardians.

Of the Marvel films this year, here's my interest in them, from most to least.

X-Men: The Days of Future Past.
The Amazing Spider-Man 2.
Guardians of the Galaxy
Captain America: The Winter Soldier

2015 is all about The Age of Ultron though.. :pimp: :pimp:

And 2016 BETTER be all about X-Men: Apocalypse. :wow: :pimp:

I'm glad I'm not the only one stoked for Guardians.

Of the Marvel films this year, here's my interest in them, from most to least.

X-Men: The Days of Future Past.
The Amazing Spider-Man 2.
Guardians of the Galaxy
Captain America: The Winter Soldier

2015 is all about The Age of Ultron though.. :pimp: :pimp:

And 2016 BETTER be all about X-Men: Apocalypse. :wow: :pimp:
You have such hope. My interest would be the exact reverse of yours :lol:

Well, although I like Captain America, I don't really like what they've been doing with his character. It's not Evans, he's great. I just don't know what it is.

I easily like Hulk, Thor, and Iron Man better than Captain America if we're talking about the actual films they've been in.

And I'm a huge sucker for X-Men and Spidey. :lol:

You have such hope. My interest would be the exact reverse of yours :lol:

Yea....I think I was in the minority who thought X-Men: First Class was a hot trash X-Men flick that buried a really great Magneto origin movie. I mean, every time you watch it, the movie actually gets worse. So the simple idea of Days of Future Past coming in, jumping the tragedies of 1stC, clearing out that funky X3 stuff, and moving forward w/o erasing X2 from existing, was awesome to me....until I saw the first trailer. :smh: :lol:

The internet got hyped, but that reminded me of the first Power Rangers movie, with that chick and the whistling staff in the jungle. It just looked lame and corny, like the touch-up crew hadn't finished it or something. And every bit of news and new material just supports that I have no hopes for this at all. I mean Quicksilver didn't even get a rise out of me or anything.

I think Singer is the OJ Mayo of comic book directors. He was great early, back when no one expected anybody to be that good during such a young age in the cgi comic book movie era. But then everyone passed him or showed that hey...anyone can do this...even that dude from Swingers. So now, the same stuff of his that was hype back then would be weak, cheesy, regressive and tired now.

But yeah...ASM2 looks better than ASM1, so that's something, I guess? As much as I dislike Tobey Maguire, he killed that goofy role. Garfield's cool I guess.

And Cap 2...I didn't like Cap 1 much at all, but the trailer for Cap 2 looked awesome.

I think I'm pretty over regular superheroes. IM3, Thor 2, The Wolverine and Man of Steel were all different levels of ehhhh / "you know damn well you could've done better" to me.

So I didn't realize until now, how genius it was that Marvel went weird with Guardians and Ant-Man... Right now, Guardians seems like it could be the Phase 2 thing I end up liking the most. I've wanted Farscape to live on for so long, and dammit, if this ain't it.... :nerd: :lol:

Last edited:
For those that have seen Blackfish -

SeaWorld ‏@SeaWorld Feb 10
Blackfish is propaganda. Learn the truth about our killer whale care at http://bit.ly/1hju3Ku pic.twitter.com/nxBrxa12Cz

The film must be having an impact for Sea World to go to the trouble and expense of responding to it. Interesting.

Also, I watched the Incredible Burt Wonderstone on HBO the other night because it was on and I wanted to see how terrible it was. It was not good. At all. But was not as horrible as I expected. A couple funny things happened and Olivia Wilde was nice to look at it. And that's pretty much my review of it. Relatedly, I continue to be amazed at how often Hollywood churns out crap movies that have a lot of talented people in them.

I'm a huge comic book fan but I started to grow tired of comic book movies, still haven't seen the latest Thor or Iron Man movies. Will probably check Thor out soon though. Guardians of the Galaxy could be a nice change of pace with these movies though

Last two movies I watched this week were Gattaca and Animal House

The last 2 flicks I saw within the last week are The Getaway. Ali MacGraw was beautiful. The Quincy Jones soundtrack was on point too.

Other movie I saw was Cool Hand Luke. That egg eating scene makes me nauseous every time I see it.

Felt like watching some old school flicks. They don't make 'em like McQueen & Newman anymore... :smokin

In addition to Bri Wi. Jimmy Fallon got Lester Holt & Kathy Lee for Rapper's Delight...

#Hashtag2 with Jonah Hill

Back
Top Bottom