Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Ready :pimp:

28 Years Later: Danny Boyle’s New Zombie Flick Shot on an iPhone 15
Wired.com

Danny Boyle’s forthcoming zombie flick, 28 Years Later, was shot over the summer with a bunch of adapted iPhone 15s, WIRED has learned, making the Hollywood thriller, with its budget of $75 million, the biggest movie to date filmed with smartphones.

Starring Killing Eve's Jodie Comer, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, and Ralph Fiennes, 28 Years Later, due for release in June 2025, is the long-awaited follow-up to 28 Days Later—the 2002 genre-defining movie that was the first to portray zombies as scary fast rather than lumbering—and 2007's 28 Weeks Later.

Principal filming for 28 Years Later wrapped at the end of August, and until now the production has kept under wraps the fact that the movie was shot with smartphones, with the film’s staff being asked to signed NDAs preventing the disclosure of this detail.

The new film’s $75 million budget is only part of the franchise’s total, with 28 Years Later being the first of a new trilogy; all three coming zombie films are being scripted by screenwriter Alex Garland, who is reuniting with Boyle after helming Civil War, released earlier this year.

Another key team member from the 2002 movie is back for at least one film in the new trilogy: Long before his razor-blades-in-flat-caps role in the gritty TV show Peaky Blinders—or his Oscar-winning performance in Oppenheimer (2023)—Cillian Murphy’s breakout role was as the lead actor in 28 Days Later. There are no details yet on the plot for 28 Years Later, or whether Murphy stars in all three movies of the upcoming trilogy.

28 Days Later is GOATED and I watch it every couple of years but I haven’t seen 28 Weeks Later in over 15 years. I’ll need to recheck it out but I’m in on 28 Years Later. Wonder why they skipped months though

28 Days Later is GOATED and I watch it every couple of years but I haven’t seen 28 Weeks Later in over 15 years. I’ll need to recheck it out but I’m in on 28 Years Later. Wonder why they skipped months though
I wondered same thing few months back and read an article that Garland eventually came up with a storyline that worked in his head (that Boyle also liked) and I believe it's set for more present-day and 28 Months title wouldn't work correctly.

The next movie after this one will be called 28 Years Later, Part II (FYI)

Last edited:
Today. Free on YouTube

1726784658221.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom