OG Nike Air Jordan III Retro True Blue BLACK FRIDAY '16

I think it's just a matter of if the next NA releases are limited quickstrikes , or mass produced launches. Would Nike produce the same number of BC3's as they did TB3's?

Less numbers same quality. People would go crazy saying how good they look [emoji]128514[/emoji]

All the know is the leather on these is better than 2012 WC4s and 2014 White Infrared 6s. And that's good enough for me.

People are too quick to forget about the struggle.

Last edited:
I am 21 almost 22 but started collecting since I was like 7 years old. I originally started liking shoes from payless, they were the nike air presto mock ups. I was heavily into converse. Then one day I saw the 21s and 4s in 2006. I was like 11 at the time and I really wanted them but my parents said my foot would grow and it wouldnt be worth it. 

Anyways time went buy in 2007 my dad got me the flip 3s in a size 7 and the 21s and 20s were in nike outlets, which i wanted so badly but of course were still to expensive. When metallics came out (2007ish), i remember going on the forums to learn about nike air on the back of jordans. Instyleshoes.com was alive at the time and you could look up almost every shoe. Around this time people were dying for nike air and were willing to pay 300 for a pair USED. Everyone was hating on some guy named gentry lol. 
Now someone calls me a hypebeast at the mall for spending 220 on the true blues. (i wore two days straight, both times at different malls) Me and my brother stopped collecting since like 2010. In 2009 we got the black varsity red 6s in the mall easily and it was awesome but the following year everything was imposiible to get so we stopped. it sucked.

The reason why my brother and I started collecting agains is because white cement 4s, true blue 3s, metallic 5s, all came back with nike air. On top of that bred 12s and bred 1s came out. A lot of original colorways in original form. No ******** flu games with suede but with leather. There really should not be any complaining in my opinion. But I can see why the newer collectors would complain if they cant understand how much people wanted these type of releses back then.
lol easy to get, highly mass produced, nike air on the back and original colorways. Lol it is a dream come true. I am so happy about this. 

Repped

Maroon 6s were widely available with superior leather and they sat at most places. That shoe will be $600 in about 5 years just like the Infrared pack..

Maroon 6s were widely available with superior leather and they sat at most places. 
An unfair comparison tho Maroon 6's have a small following compared to TB3, Maroon 6 not a hypebeast shoe so of course they sat just like Metallic Navy 1 did and just like Storm Blue 1 will. 

I love my Maroon 6s, match my old school 49ers jerseys from when they color was a bit more maroon and less red

I am 21 almost 22 but started collecting since I was like 7 years old. I originally started liking shoes from payless, they were the nike air presto mock ups. I was heavily into converse. Then one day I saw the 21s and 4s in 2006. I was like 11 at the time and I really wanted them but my parents said my foot would grow and it wouldnt be worth it. 

Anyways time went buy in 2007 my dad got me the flip 3s in a size 7 and the 21s and 20s were in nike outlets, which i wanted so badly but of course were still to expensive. When metallics came out (2007ish), i remember going on the forums to learn about nike air on the back of jordans. Instyleshoes.com was alive at the time and you could look up almost every shoe. Around this time people were dying for nike air and were willing to pay 300 for a pair USED. Everyone was hating on some guy named gentry lol. 
Now someone calls me a hypebeast at the mall for spending 220 on the true blues. (i wore two days straight, both times at different malls) Me and my brother stopped collecting since like 2010. In 2009 we got the black varsity red 6s in the mall easily and it was awesome but the following year everything was imposiible to get so we stopped. it sucked.

The reason why my brother and I started collecting agains is because white cement 4s, true blue 3s, metallic 5s, all came back with nike air. On top of that bred 12s and bred 1s came out. A lot of original colorways in original form. No ******** flu games with suede but with leather. There really should not be any complaining in my opinion. But I can see why the newer collectors would complain if they cant understand how much people wanted these type of releses back then.
lol easy to get, highly mass produced, nike air on the back and original colorways. Lol it is a dream come true. I am so happy about this. 

Repped, I've been through the same me as a younger sneaker head at 20 I've Been through the struggle of copping shoes and especially of the horrible quality of back then

Lol at all the complaining about $220 in this thread. Let's put things in perspective shall we...

Just to refresh y'all memory....back in 2010-11 I was re-selling with ease Black/VARSITY RED (not Infrared) but varsity red 6s with those paper thin insoles for $300+, black cement 3s with the Soul Glo super shiny black synthetic leather upper for $280-300, white cement 3s for $275 that were NOT true to size and also had a super thin "leather" upper that cracked after numerous wears not to mention midsole paint chipping worse than my 9-year old daughter's painted fingernails, and last but not least all  of my poorly done CDPs that I sold for no less than $260 apiece - Carmine 6s, BC 3s, Grey Tongue 5s, Bred 4s, and Bred 11s with the "23" on the back that disappeared after two months of wear lol

In my humble and honest opinion, ANY of the "remastered" J's as well as ALL of the NA J's that have dropped in the last year or so, have been nothing short of commendable.

Last edited:
Y'all do know TB3 are as popular amongst all shoe heads. Yes it's a classic but yea

If and when WC and BC drop those aren't sitting lol

Y'all do know TB3 are as popular amongst all shoe heads. Yes it's a classic but yea

If and when WC and BC drop those aren't sitting lol

I agree to me the true blue is least popular of the 3 but a dope color way and it's hard to see the BC and WC3 sit

I agree to me the true blue is least popular of the 3 but a dope color way and it's hard to see the BC and WC3 sit

People said/thought the same thing about WC4s and BM5s. Looked how that worked out. I think if they're massed produced at $220 they'll sell (or in your case "sit") like all the other recent NA retros, which is a good thing.

Last edited:
An unfair comparison tho Maroon 6's have a small following compared to TB3, Maroon 6 not a hypebeast shoe so of course they sat just like Metallic Navy 1 did and just like Storm Blue 1 will. 

I love my Maroon 6s, match my old school 49ers jerseys from when they color was a bit more maroon and less red

That's the point I wanted to make. It's all about hype and materials and quality has nothing to do with it. Maroons are by far my favorite OG retro

All this complaining idk I dropped my 220 with tax cause I wanted them. Going to rock the F outta them this summer. To each his own.

Last edited:
@Sneekaz well said..

These ain't bad. They aren't amazing but aren't bad by a long shot. Worth the 220? Naw but retros ain't worth the 190 either. Is are the only retros worth the price.

JB has definitely oversaturated the market. 3+ retros a month is overkill. Me personally, I'm passing on all JB's releases in December for foams. I would buy at least 3 but due to the timing, it's not happening. 1-2 a month max JB!!

@Sneekaz well said..

These ain't bad. They aren't amazing but aren't bad by a long shot. Worth the 220? Naw but retros ain't worth the 190 either. Is are the only retros worth the price.

JB has definitely oversaturated the market. 3+ retros a month is overkill. Me personally, I'm passing on all JB's releases in December for foams. I would buy at least 3 but due to the timing, it's not happening. 1-2 a month max JB!!

No JAMS

I been waiting on those for a while now

these sittin hard at all the malls makes me smile, these will restock multi times too, richard slap nke  in their smug face for chargin 220 for trash quality 

starfox070 starfox070 don't get me wrong I wanted them but the 45 on the back killed it for me. Don't make this about Space Jam if you not gonna do it right. Never wore 45 in the movie don't put it on the shoes. JB put that 45 so they can owe us a proper retro.

Last edited:
starfox070 starfox070 don't get me wrong I wanted them but the 45 on the back killed it for me. Don't make this about Space Jam if you not gonna do it right. Never wore 45 in the movie don't put it on the shoes.
45 was on the back on his PE pair when he debuted them in game 4 in the Eastern Conference-Semi finals, though.

Last edited:
People said/thought the same thing about WC4s and BM5s. Looked how that worked out. I think if they're massed produced at $220 they'll sell (or in your case "sit") like all the other recent NA retros, which is a good thing.

True you got a point, also another factor to shoes not selling well is Jordan releasing something every week now and with the 220$ price tag some people pass because they are other releases, and I have no problem with them sitting I prefer it to stay that way and if the BC 3 or WC Does sit I'm doubling up

Back
Top Bottom