* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

You want to bet your screen name on it?

And why does Philly have to trade the fake AI if they want turner?

indifferent.gif
At Amare saying he wants to play for the Spurs
tired.gif

I can't wait to sign Dirk.

Draft buzz

Perhaps it won’t be long until panic starts to set into the Minnesota Timberwolves, where two things need to become increasingly clear: They’re far overvaluing Al Jefferson’s trade value; and Syracuse’s Wesley Johnson is no longer assured to be available to them with the fourth pick in Thursday’s NBA draft.

All along, the Wolves had planned to select Johnson at No. 4, and yet the New Jersey Nets are holding serious discussions about drafting the small forward and taking their chances with trying to sign a power forward in free agency. The Nets had long favored Derrick Favors, but are debating now about how long it will take for him to become a regular contributor. New Jersey is still contemplating DeMarcus Cousins, too.

Under general manager David Kahn, the Wolves are becoming the organization that no one wants to send players. Kahn’s condescending, abrasive style is frustrating to rival GMs and agents because few people believe he has the background, knowledge or credentials to even hold the job. To his credit, Kahn did hire a personable assistant GM, Tony Ronzone, who can work the phones for him.

Nevertheless, Cousins wouldn’t work out for the Wolves. Nor did Georgetown center Greg Monroe, who traveled to the two teams in the next two spots, Sacramento and Golden State. Favors reluctantly worked out for the Wolves only to have Kahn insult him by calling him “out of shape.

Ugh.

Let me give you the backstory with this %*%%@#$ clown Adrian Wojnarowski.

Woj and Kahn have an on-going feud since like December. Woj tried to break a rumor, the Granger/Jefferson bit, and Kahn felt betrayed by Woj. Since then the Wolves have pretty much refused to even talk to Woj. It's quite obvious since then that Woj takes nothing but shots at the Wolves, especially Kahn.

-This is the same dude that broke the story saying we would give up Flynn, #16 and #23 for the Pacers #10, while a week prior Kahn turned down an offer from the Pacers that would send just Flynn for the #10.
-This report goes against the story that came out a week ago saying that Al Jefferson is considered a "top priority" by a number of GMs.

Adrian Wojnarowski's problem is he's a dude with no story in the midst of one of the biggest NBA weeks of the year. It's really that simple.

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

David Lee in Sac? Biggest FA signing in Kings history possibly. Sike.

One of my jack +%# idiot friends swears up and down that this would change the fortunes for the Kings
smh.gif
idiot
laugh.gif

Now I know there's some people that wouldn't want me to post this because it's from realgm on the sixers forum but oh well...
by Brian Chapman on Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:15 am

Thank you for giving the Rockets Brand and #2. Now you keep Iggy. 

We are going to take that #2,give it to Minnesota for #4(and Rubio) then give Toronto-(4)Cousins for Bosh(why do you think Bosh came out yesturday and said he wants to be centerpiece?-he's coming to the H thats why).

Oh,what you're getting for this deal.........maybe 
Aaron Brooks  and/or Kevin Martin and picks(Rockets keeping this part secret)

Thank you.

If this gets lock,doesnt matter. Deal is in place and if some team doesnt beat Houstons offer,expect this. 

In 3 days 1 of you will give me a cookie . This is not a prediction or hunch, this is fact.I have a couple 
NBA  players that live in Houston as sources,and a Chinese insider.

dude supposebly heard it from Deandre Jordan (who's from Houston)....

and the deal that would work would be Aaron Brooks, Kevin Martin, Jordan Hill, #14 and 2011 first rounder for #2 and Brand

I don't care whether or not you believe this or not I'm just posting this for other people to see

^Eh on behalf of JPZ i shall adamantly deny that rumor
laugh.gif
Insert reason here ______

that deal sounds like a whole lotta nothing.... the rockets would be garbage with just bosh and a gimpy yao...

Originally Posted by BangDak

If i was NO, i'd ask for OJ + Gasol + #12 for Paul and Okafor, or no deal.

Besides those, i dont see what "assets" memphis really has that is worth mentioning.
Its cost cutting!
laugh.gif

And Memphis isn't going to give up OJ AND Marc in that kinda deal where they take back a long contract either. Hell, they not giving up Marc anytime soon unless Thabeet starts putting up monsterous numbers.

I don't see the big deal if they get back a big $#% 20 and 10 expiring in place of Okafor 4-yr long deal, a 20ppg, 4rpg, 3apg player on his rookie contract and whatever else may be thrown in there whether its Thabeet and 12 or what not. And Nas, from those teams listed what's a better package than OJ, Zach, Thabeet and #12? New Jersey has a pick, but they not giving up Brook. Devin Harris wouldn't be in the deal more than likely. Wouldn't New Orleans have like $40mil in expirings after next season if they made that deal with Peja coming off the books too? 

Its really not that hard to look at the assets they can receive in this deal. It was hard for people to look at what we got in the Pau deal too until now because the only thing people was focused on was him in LA.

Now, Heisley is saying that OJ wasn't involved in any rumor for Chris Paul.

"Unequivocally, O.J. Mayo was not part of any discussions about a trade for Chris Paul," Heisley said Monday night. "That is not true. Where do these people get this stuff?"
He also said this with Pau:

"we are NOT trading pau right now!! We have a new coach in ivy, new pg in conley, new center in darko. We need AT LEAST 50 games to properly evaluate this team. We are not trading pau, I don't know where these people get this info"
and this about the draft:

"we have not decided to draft anyone yet. It's a process we are going through. I don't know where Chad ford gets that we have decided on thabeet"
laugh.gif

It seems like OJ feelings are getting hurt from the article. That shouldn't be happening whether he's involved in rumors or not. Just suck it up and show them why you should be a "lock" on the team. Heisley did say that he talked to New Orleans about Paul, but OJ wasn't involved. So, I'm guessing that's why negotiations didn't go anywhere because he was probably trying to completely rip them off.

The draft is now just three days away and things are beginning to get a little bit clearer. I spent the weekend on the phone talking with various NBA executives and agents trying to get a handle on what's happening in the draft.

Here's the latest:

The Philadelphia 76ers and Sacramento Kings made the first big trade of the offseason last Thursday, swapping Samuel Dalembert for Andres Nocioni and Spencer Hawes. While the deal made sense for both teams (the Kings needed a shot blocker and the Sixers needed to get under the luxury tax), will there be larger ramifications in the draft?

Sources in both Philly and Sacramento said the trade won't affect their draft plans despite the fact that both teams seemed to fill needs and create new holes in the trade.

The Sixers have been strongly leaning toward taking Evan Turner with the No. 2 pick. However, the addition of Nocioni and the loss of Dalembert leaves them loaded at the wing and pretty bare on the front line. On the surface, it appears that Derrick Favors or DeMarcus Cousins would be better fits.

For the Kings, the team had been looking at both Cousins and Greg Monroe. With the addition of Dalembert as a starting center and the loss of Nocioni, it now appears that their biggest need is at the 3, unless the Kings believe Omri Casspi or Donte Greene is ready to step in and be the starter on a winning team.

However, it looks like both teams are still locked in on their original targets.
[h3]More trade talk[/h3]
The Sixers-Kings deal should be the first of many as we get closer to the draft. The Washington Wizards, Sixers, New Jersey Nets and Minnesota Timberwolves are all sending strong signals that they're keeping their picks. After that, it starts to get a little messier.

I've heard that the Kings, Detroit Pistons, Indiana Pacers, New Orleans Hornets, Memphis Grizzlies, Toronto Raptors, Houston Rockets, Milwaukee Bucks, Chicago Bulls, San Antonio Spurs, Oklahoma City Thunder, Portland Trail Blazers and Denver Nuggets have all been talking about moving picks. The Kings, Pacers, Hornets and Bucks would like to trade down, while the Pistons, Grizzlies, Raptors, Rockets, Spurs, Thunder, Blazers and Nuggets would like to move up. And if the Pacers and Hornets can't move down, they, along with the Bulls, might look to get out of the draft completely.

That's a lot to digest and here's why. All of these teams are talking to each other. Some teams are looking at three or four different scenarios with the teams above. You can expect that teams will begin narrowing choices Monday to get things done in enough time before the draft.

From what I can gather, the Pacers, Hornets, Raptors, Spurs and Thunder are the most active right now.
[h3]Hot button issues[/h3]
http:///sports.espn.go.com/espn/gallery/enlargePhoto?id=5310869&story=5310599">http://sports.espn.go.com...310869&...idth=440,height=750,scrollbars=no,noresize'); return false;" href="http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/blog?name=nba_draft&id=5310599#">[+] Enlarge
ncb_g_favors11_200.jpg

Jonathan Daniel/Getty ImagesGMs are weighing Derrick Favors' potential this week.

We're starting to see players fall into a bit of a pecking order right now as teams try to decide who they like best at particular positions.

Here are the four hottest debates in NBA front offices at the moment:

Derrick Favors or DeMarcus Cousins

Favors and Cousins have now met in Sacramento and Philly, and they'll be in New Jersey together Monday. In Sacramento the two worked out on the court together but didn't actually play against each other. That changed when they went to Philly, as Favors' agent gave them the green light to bang.

Things are moving back to the Sacramento model for the N.J. workout. Apparently Favors' agent complained that the workout in Philly consisted of Cousins fouling Favors on every play, so we're back to two big guys in a gym shooting jump shots.

The stakes couldn't be higher for Favors at the moment. The general consensus in Sacramento and Philly was that Cousins was much better. That makes some sense. Cousins has 47 pounds on Favors and is much more polished on the offensive end. You would expect it to be that way.

But Favors seems to be suffering from more than that. Wolves GM David Kahn ripped Favors for his lack of conditioning and doubted that he was ready for the NBA. While that certainly could have been a David Kahn smokescreen (I haven't heard feedback he was out of shape in the other two workouts), it all contributes to the narrative that Favors is getting his butt kicked by Cousins at the moment.

Ed Davis or Ekpe Udoh

Davis came into the season with all the momentum, but a so-so year combined with injuries and an underperforming Tar Heels squad hurt his stock a bit. Meanwhile, Udoh resurrected his draft stock by vastly improving at Baylor.

The two haven't gone head-to-head because Davis is still recovering from a wrist injury, but a number of teams including the Pistons, Pacers, Golden State Warriors, Los Angeles Clippers and Utah Jazz are all trying to get a feel for who they'd prefer if both were on the board.

Right now, Udoh seems to have the buzz. He is more polished, is a better offensive player and has the ability to contribute right away. Davis is a better defender, is more explosive athletically and is bigger. He impressed the Jazz and Pacers in recent workouts with his improved shooting ability, but everyone knows he's a project.

The question really comes down to this: Udoh is 23, and Davis is 21, so in two years, would Davis be as good or better than Udoh is now? If the answer is yes, then the Davis is the best pick. But sometimes it's easier to take the guy you know can get some stuff done right now.

From what I can gather, I don't think Davis will slip past the Jazz at No. 9. Udoh probably won't get past the Pacers at No. 10 if they keep their pick.

Luke Babbitt, Gordon Hayward, Xavier Henry or Paul George

These four wings have all impressed in workouts, and depending on whom you talk to, you'll get a different answer on who is the best prospect. I think the range for all of them starts at No. 8 to the Clippers. The Jazz, Pacers, Hornets, Grizzlies, Bucks and Timberwolves also look to be in the mix.

Each player offers a different skill set. Babbitt may be the best scorer of the bunch and is the most NBA-ready. Henry is the best pure shooter of the group. Hayward has all the intangibles. George has the most upside (both in terms of athleticism and skills).

Each player also has a serious flaw. Babbitt lacks the lateral quickness to guard the quicker 3s in the league. Henry appears to be a bit one-dimensional. Hayward lacks strength and needs to get his shooting back on track. George lacks a great motor.

In what order will they go? It's way too early to say. If I were to handicap it right now, the Clippers are slightly leaning toward Hayward. The Jazz prefer Babbitt, while the Pacers and Grizzlies like George and the Hornets and Bucks favor Hayward.

Avery Bradley or Eric Bledsoe

http:///sports.espn.go.com/espn/gallery/enlargePhoto?id=5310870&story=5310599">http://sports.espn.go.com...310870&...idth=640,height=550,scrollbars=no,noresize'); return false;" href="http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/blog?name=nba_draft&id=5310599#">[+] Enlarge
ncb_g_bradley11_300.jpg

Chris Graythen/Getty ImagesAvery Bradley may be getting passed by Eric Bledsoe.
For teams looking for a point guard, the debate is really between Bradley and Bledsoe. Both players are freshmen and didn't have huge years. Bradley is a superior scorer and has good size for the position. Bledsoe is more of a true point guard and sees the floor better.
Both are considered raw and unproven, but they have tremendous athletic ability and upside. Both have been working out against each other in virtually every city before Bradley injured his ankle in Oklahoma City.

The real question for both players will come down to one spot in the lottery -- the Raptors at 13. While I've been hearing for weeks now that Bradley has the edge on Bledsoe, I had a trusted source tell me over the weekend that it may be Bledsoe who gets the nod in Toronto.
[h3]A true Insider mock draft[/h3]
I'm working hard on our next Mock Draft (version 6.0) for Tuesday. But for those of you sick of hearing what I think every week, here's a pretty good alternative.

It probably doesn't surprise you to hear that most NBA teams do their own mock drafts in an effort to understand what players will be available when they are picking. They use their scouts to talk to other scouts in the league to get intel (along with reading ESPN Insider, of course) and then put a mock together.

I persuaded one of the best drafting GMs in the league to share his team's mock with me. He kindly gave me the first 20 picks. Enjoy!

1. Wizards: John Wall
2. Sixers: Evan Turner
3. Nets: Derrick Favors
4. Timberwolves: Wesley Johnson
5. Kings: DeMarcus Cousins
Note: Monroe had a terrific workout over the weekend. Sounds like Monroe and Cousins are neck and neck here.
6. Warriors: Greg Monroe
Note: Interestingly, after the positive workout, Monroe had a shaky one in Golden State on Sunday. You don't want to be outplayed by Omar Samhan when you're trying to talk a team into drafting you at No. 6. This may change.
7. Pistons: Al-Farouq Aminu
8. Clippers: Gordon Hayward
Note: If you're comparing to our Mock Draft 5.0, we have the first eight in the exact same order. From here, it changes significantly.
9. Jazz: Ed Davis
Note: I think you'll see Mock Draft 6.0 take up this suggestion. I've been hearing all week that Davis doesn't get past No. 9 if Monroe is off the board. Sorry, Luke Babbitt.
10. Pacers: Ekpe Udoh
Note: This also seems like a good bet. We've had Davis falling here for the past two weeks. But Udoh was the guy we had in Indy for our first two mock drafts.
11. Hornets: Cole Aldrich
12. Grizzlies: Luke Babbitt
13. Raptors: Eric Bledsoe
Note: That's the first major surprise I've heard so far. I've had them higher on Avery Bradley for months ... but maybe he knows something I don't.
14. Rockets: Patrick Patterson
15. Bucks: Xavier Henry
16. Timberwolves: Paul George
Note: I think this is probably too low for George. I put him here in my last mock draft but continue to hear he's strongly in the mix for the Clips, Indy and Memphis. Hard to see him sliding past all three.
17. Bulls: Damion James
18. Heat: Avery Bradley
19. Celtics: Solomon Alabi
20. Spurs: Daniel Orton
Note: The Spurs need a big man and they could rip out the heart of folks in OKC if they take Orton one pick ahead of the Thunder.

Outside of the Lakers retooling some at point guard -- Steve Blake could be an option for the team in free agency this summer -- the Lakers might also be in the market for an end-of-the-bench big man, as both Josh Powell's and .J. Mbenga's contracts expire and they'll be free agents this summer.

So who might be in the mix for the Lakers?

Kevin Ding of the Orange County Register lists some possible candidates: "An easier slot to fill will be a low-wage extra big man to contribute little, preferably rugged, things better than Powell and Mbenga did. Drew Gooden was drafted by West originally and courted by the Lakers in March 2009 before he signed with San Antonio -- leading to a half-joking on-court chiding from Bryant when the Lakers next faced the Spurs, and he would be ideal. Other logical options are Kurt Thomas, Brad Miller and Tim Thomas, but the Lakers won't be offering as much money or playing time as other clubs."

Miller has said he's willing to play on the cheap, so if the Bulls let him go, he could be a decent fit for the Lakers.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=1007
Joe Johnson will be a free agent in 10 days. And whether or not he'll be back with the Hawks, for now, remains to be seen.

But if the Hawks do roll out the red carpet and Johnson picks up an offer that's too good to be refused, it could affect Josh Childress.

Childress has been playing in Greece for Olympiakos, and according to Michael Cunningham of the Atlanta Journal Constitution, he wants to return to the NBA.

The Hawks have a $4.8 million qualifying offer for Childress, but Cunningham writes that Childress likely wants to play for another team. And if another team comes calling and the Hawks have a lot of money tied up via a Johnson re-sign, they may not be able to match an offer to keep Childress.

"[Childress'] hope would be that if the Hawks spend a lot of cash to lock up J.J. they then wouldn't have the stomach to match a Chills offer sheet that includes a long-term contract," writes Cunningham. "If Chills can't get an offer sheet and still wants to play in the league but not for Atlanta, the other option would be a sign-and-trade, but then that complicates the whole issue."

After the Celtics lost Game 7 of the NBA Finals, coach Doc Rivers hinted that it could be Rasheed Wallace's last game ever, despite the two years remaining on his contract.

Monday morning on Boston sports radio WEEI (850 AM), Rivers gave some more detail.

I think you have [seen Wallace's last game]," Rivers said, according to Chris Forsberg of ESPN Boston. "He was so emotional right after the game, but Rasheed told me the night before that, 'I'm going to give you everything I've got. I really believe this is my last game that I'm going to play.'

"He said this year was very difficult for him, physically, and that he never felt like, even the conditioning part of it hurt, and he doesn't think he wants to go through that again. And he wants to watch his kids. I do think that's the last time you see him in a Celtics' uniform."

So if Wallace is indeed done, whom might the team turn to?

Remember: Kendrick Perkins' torn MCL and PCL will likely have him out for the start of the season, so the team will be hurting from the lack of center depth.

Zach Lowe of TrueHoop Network site Celics Hub throws out some players that could be scooped up via the mid-level exception or veteran's minimum exception including Jermaine O'Neal, Brad Miller and Zydrunas Ilgauskas.

Boston could also draft a big. In his latest mock draft, ESPN's Chad Ford has the team selecting Florida State center Solomon Alabi.

RoOk wrote:
CP3 being in rumors aren't surprising though, new ownership wants to start over and Paul doesn't like how the team is headed IMO.

Wrong. The eventual new owner doesn't want to trade CP and the guy is an oil tycoon who is able to shell out money unlike Shinn. These rumors are just that they come and go every year.

I can't wait for the draft and the 1st of July. This is going to be the most interesting offseason in the history of the NBA.

So much @#$%(*&^ bein spread around, it's crazy. 
laugh.gif

Osh is on the Amare is a bum side, nice.  Welcome to the team. 
happy.gif

CP3 and Bron even a good fit?  I don't see it.  Paul would have the ball in his hands, I don't think that would do well for Bron.  Not like he can post up or anything.  Oh and Allen, since you love Lebron, I recommend you never ever ever listen to Antonio Harvey.   Serious, he is on the Portland airwaves every single day and he says over and over, Bron will never win a chip cuz all he cares about is himself and his dollars.  He's even saying he doesn't want Bron out here in Portland.  I think Bron touched his girl or something cuz he never lets up on the guy. 

Rumors here Pritchard is trying hard to get Paul to save his job.  IMO, same thing, Paul would mean no ball in hand for Roy, I dunno if he could figure that out or not.  But I saw that they bought another draft pick yesterday, 44 and cash for the 34.  I'm sure people will try to give Pritchard credit for that.  ya know, spending money. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

So much @#$%(*&^ bein spread around, it's crazy. 
laugh.gif

Osh is on the Amare is a bum side, nice.  Welcome to the team. 
happy.gif

CP3 and Bron even a good fit?  I don't see it.  Paul would have the ball in his hands, I don't think that would do well for Bron.  Not like he can post up or anything.  Oh and Allen, since you love Lebron, I recommend you never ever ever listen to Antonio Harvey.   Serious, he is on the Portland airwaves every single day and he says over and over, Bron will never win a chip cuz all he cares about is himself and his dollars.  He's even saying he doesn't want Bron out here in Portland.  I think Bron touched his girl or something cuz he never lets up on the guy. 

Rumors here Pritchard is trying hard to get Paul to save his job.  IMO, same thing, Paul would mean no ball in hand for Roy, I dunno if he could figure that out or not.  But I saw that they bought another draft pick yesterday, 44 and cash for the 34.  I'm sure people will try to give Pritchard credit for that.  ya know, spending money. 
laugh.gif
Any trade involving the Blazers would have to include Roy IMO

/\ Contrary to belief...Lebron actually plays VERY well without the ball in his hands 24/7. I'd envision something similar to how he played with Kidd in the olympics.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Originally Posted by BangDak

If i was NO, i'd ask for OJ + Gasol + #12 for Paul and Okafor, or no deal.

Besides those, i dont see what "assets" memphis really has that is worth mentioning.
Its cost cutting!
laugh.gif

And Memphis isn't going to give up OJ AND Marc in that kinda deal where they take back a long contract either. Hell, they not giving up Marc anytime soon unless Thabeet starts putting up monsterous numbers.

I don't see the big deal if they get back a big $#% 20 and 10 expiring in place of Okafor 4-yr long deal, a 20ppg, 4rpg, 3apg player on his rookie contract and whatever else may be thrown in there whether its Thabeet and 12 or what not. And Nas, from those teams listed what's a better package than OJ, Zach, Thabeet and #12? New Jersey has a pick, but they not giving up Brook. Devin Harris wouldn't be in the deal more than likely. Wouldn't New Orleans have like $40mil in expirings after next season if they made that deal with Peja coming off the books too?

Thats not a great  package. Besides OJ, everything else is a toss up. Theres really no difference in the #12 pick, and #20. They're all projects, not to mention you're getting another project in Thabeet imo.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

If i was NJ, i dont see why i wouldnt offer Harris + 3rd pick + C. lee. if thats what it takes to get one of the best point guards in the league, i'll make that move.

Paul-JJ-Twill-Humpries?-Lopez.

Thats a solid lineup. Paul alone, would get them into the playoffs, and with 2 other all stars, they're def. going to put in work.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

/\ Contrary to belief...Lebron actually plays VERY well without the ball in his hands 24/7. I'd envision something similar to how he played with Kidd in the olympics.

Fair enough point, but that's against other countries that have no book on that tandem, NBA teams scouting non stop would have time to find ways to defeat that.  I'm not saying Paul and Bron would be pushovers or anything, just saying imo I don't see Bron coming off screens and hitting J's all day or anything.  Now pick and roll would be ridiculous, get them a shooter for the corner and it would be trouble, but at some point, end of game, only one of them can have the ball, I see it getting in the way somehow. 

If the Hornets were to trade CP3 this is the only viable trade I can see
this trade idea was posted on a nets board...and i for one would absolutely do it

nets trade harris, #3 pick, terrance williams, courtney lee for cp3 and okafor

pacers trade tj ford and #10 pick for devin harris

hornets trade cp3 and okafor for #3 pick, #10 pick, terrance williams, courtney lee
where they end up with a very young nucleus that can develop together along with a new owner who comes in NLT next year and maybe go after Melo in 2011

Edit: And if they can manage to grab Lopez in that deal then I would be all over it. Hell any deal with the Nets if I am Bower must include the #3 & Lopez

Thats a huge reach, but i'd like it for NO.

Draft Favors and Udoh.

DC-Thornton-TWill-West-Udoh
Peja-Lee-Favors off the bench.

Solid.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Now I know there's some people that wouldn't want me to post this because it's from realgm on the sixers forum but oh well...
by Brian Chapman on Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:15 am

We are going to take that #2,give it to Minnesota for #4(and Rubio)
Please refrain from posting this stuff? Rubio and the #4 to move up just two freakin spots? Why do you keep posting stuff that's from a user on a forum?

[h2]http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67347/20100622/blazers_calling_cavs_on_mo_williams/[/h2]
[h2]Blazers Calling Cavs On Mo Williams[/h2]
Jun 22, 2010 9:44 AM EST

por_40.gif
The Blazers have expressed interest in trading for Mo Williams.

Cleveland may make Williams available if they are unable to retain LeBron James.

[h2]http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67352/20100622/bucks_offering_deal_for_maggette/[/h2]
[h2]Bucks Offering Deal For Maggette[/h2]
Jun 22, 2010 10:31 AM EST

mil_40.gif
The Warriors are interested in unloading Corey Maggette and the Bucks could be a trading partner.

The speculation is the Bucks are offering Dan Gadzuric, who has one year left on his contract for $7.4M, Charlie Bell ($3.8M).

[h2]http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67348/20100622/nets_76ers_interested_in_scalabrine/[/h2]
[h2]Nets, 76ers Interested In Scalabrine[/h2]
Jun 22, 2010 9:46 AM EST

bos_40.gif
The Nets and 76ers are expected to have interest in free agent Brian Scalabrine.

Scalabrine's preference is to remain with the Celtics, but it is unclear if they will offer him a contract.

[h2]http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67349/20100622/magic_amongst_teams_inquiring_on_paul/[/h2]
[h2]Magic Amongst Teams Inquiring On Paul[/h2]
Jun 22, 2010 9:59 AM EST

noh_40.gif
The Magic are one of the teams that have inquired about the availability of Chris Paul, according to a league source.

The Hornets are unlikely to move Paul, who has two seasons left on his deal for a combined total of $31.3 million with a player option for the 2012-13 campaign worth $17.7 million.

[h2]http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67345/20100622/eddy_curry_met_with_lebron/[/h2]
[h2]Eddy Curry Met With LeBron[/h2]
Jun 22, 2010 8:06 AM EST

nyk_40.gif
Knicks center Eddy Curry sat down with LeBron James in Ohio last month to discuss the former's future, according to a source close to Curry.

The conversation, the source said, "had nothing to do with Eddy trying to recruit LeBron to New York."

Rather, Curry may have been trying to hitch himself to James as he is entering the final year of his contract and he has told friends that he'd accept a buyout from the Knicks in order to become a free agent.

Curry has talked about returning to his hometown of Chicago to restart his career and the Bulls are one of the teams with the salary cap space to sign James.

[h2]http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67344/20100622/agent_says_kleiza_will_stay_in_greece/[/h2]
[h2]Agent Says Kleiza Will Stay In Greece[/h2]
Jun 22, 2010 8:02 AM EST

den_40.gif
The Nuggets extended a qualifying offer to forward Linas Kleiza on Monday, but his agent says he'll remain in Greece.

Denver owns Kleiza's NBA rights.

"We have no plans to sign with the Nuggets, nor have they expressed interest in signing Linas at this point," agent Bill Duffy said.

Kleiza left the Nuggets a year ago to play for Olympiakos, for whom he signed a two-year, $12.2 million contract.

[h2]http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67342/20100622/mavericks_trying_to_move_into_first_round/[/h2]
[h2]Mavericks Trying To Move Into First Round[/h2]
Jun 22, 2010 7:50 AM EST

dal_40.gif
It was reported on Monday that the Mavericks might be looking for another second round pick in addition to No. 50, but it appears that they might be aiming a little higher.

The Dallas Morning News reports that the Mavericks are trying to move into the middle of the first round, according to sources.

Teams drafting in the middle of the first round might be willing to part with their pick if they are able to package it with a player, which would help them reduce their payroll.

"We're active as always and we're in the mix on a number of situations," president Donnie Nelson said. "If the opportunity presents itself, we'll squeeze the trigger."

Where the hell has my dude Chester been, btw?! 
nerd.gif

Mo to POR...
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

And if we got CP3 somehow, someway, I'd prolly end up killing myself celebrating. 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

CP, you're CRAZY for thinking they couldn't coexist.

Back
Top Bottom