* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

You have to read the article, it says Melo prefers the Bulls + Knicks, BUT, he knows the Nuggets can trade him elsewhere.

If it's between the Bulls + Knicks, the Bulls definitely can offer more than the Knicks....unless they want to give up Gallo, but we don't know if they are.

Don't get me wrong though as a package of Deng + Gibson + Johnson is trash.

If you're trading away a franchise player, it's time to rebuild. Deng's contract doesn't help the cause.

I still say Caron+Chandler+Beaubois is better.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

If they want more expirings, we'll take on Chauncey too!
pimp.gif

I want to see Chicago seriously take a shot at getting Carmelo though.

Melo in a Bulls jersey.
pimp.gif

Ex-Kings player Matt Barnes arrested

By Chelsea Phua
[email protected]

Los Angeles Lakers player Matt Barnes was arrested and booked into Sacramento County Main Jail on Wednesday night on a felony domestic violence charge.matt-kelly-barnes-3-9-80.jpg

Sacramento County Sheriff's spokesman Sgt. Tim Curran said deputies responded to an incomplete 911 call from the 8100 block of Sunset Avenue at about 4:15 p.m., where they encountered Barnes and a woman "who lived with him and with whom he had a dating relationship."

After speaking to Barnes and the woman, deputies determined that the two had been in a physical confrontation and Barnes had prevented the woman from talking to 911 operators. Curran said dispatchers heard the sound of a struggle in the background on the brief open line until it was disconnected.

Both parties had visible injuries but Barnes was determined to be the primary aggressor, Curran said.

Barnes is also charged with maliciously obstructing the use of a telephone line, Curran said. He posted a $50,000 bond and was released shortly before 9:40 p.m.

He is scheduled to appear in court Monday.

Barnes, 30, who grew up in Sacramento and starred at Del Campo High School, signed a two-year contract worth $3.6 million in July with the Lakers as a free agent forward. From October 2004 to February 2005, Barnes played for the Sacramento Kings before being traded, along with Chris Webber and Michael Bradley, to the Philadelphia 76ers.

According to his profile on the NBA's website, Barnes and his fiancée have twin boys. Attempts to reach Barnes and his family were unsuccessful Wednesday night.

^ Sac-Towns finest
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Karma for betraying all of NorCal and signing with the Lakers
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

I want to see Chicago seriously take a shot at getting Carmelo though.

Melo in a Bulls jersey.
pimp.gif

Ditto. I have yet to see a photoshop... 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

^ Sac-Towns finest
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

laugh.gif
smh.gif
Ain't nothing good about Sac town but ghetto and hill billy

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

^ Sac-Towns finest
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

laugh.gif
smh.gif
Ain't nothing good about Sac town but ghetto and hill billy

I think you missed the point
laugh.gif

close that can of worms of yours sir
smh.gif

indifferent.gif
   Barnes

Between this morom and Ron the moron, I get the feeling my nice quiet days in Laker land are over and we go back to being a media circus/nightmare/disaster. 
smh.gif
   I remember early decade, all the daily friggin updates, he said/she said crap with Kob and Shaq. 
sick.gif

God damn idiots.  Barnes, you better be workin your @#$ off in jail right now, and Ron quit partying after one damn championship, get back on the grind you clown. 

Melo to the Bulls would be NUTS.  That would be 4, solid, TOUGH, elite teams in the East.  And it would be incredible theatre for a full season.  And could you even imagine those playoffs?  SECOND ROUND, Bulls/Heat  Celts/Magic  or Heat/Celts  Magic/Bulls, etc etc.  How awesome would that be?  I prefer Melo to the Knicks to pair with Stat (and eventually CP3 someday) to get them relevant again and have some big media hype coming from their side, but the Bulls would be my second choice, just for the added elite team they would represent. 

Originally Posted by franchise3

You have to read the article, it says Melo prefers the Bulls + Knicks, BUT, he knows the Nuggets can trade him elsewhere.

If it's between the Bulls + Knicks, the Bulls definitely can offer more than the Knicks....unless they want to give up Gallo, but we don't know if they are.

of course the knicks would give up gallo if it came to it. But i think they just want the knicks to bid against themselves.

gallo and Randolph is better than anything the bulls would offer unless they give up Noah.  bill simmons used to mentally masterbate whenever randolph was on the court.Here's an excerpt from a Bill Simmon's Q and A:

Q: YES! YES, YES, YES!!! Please write about Anthony Randolph!I've been telling people about him all year long. There's never been anNBA player with his size and skill set. Ever. He's a looong 6-foot-10,runs like a gazelle, has great hops, and can handle the ball. Love it.As an added bonus, he looks like he's constantly crying or reallygetting his feelings hurt. He's fascinating. I get genuinely giddy anytime the Warriors are on, for him alone. Can you please let Americaknow about Anthony Randolph?
-- Aaron, Chicago

SG:He's one of the most breathtaking rookies I've seen in person -- ever-- for all the reasons you just described. There has never been anyonequite like him. He's like a cross between Josh Smith and Lamar Odom,only if you fed him 10 Red Bulls and told him right before the game,"If you can make 10 things happen during the 10 minutes you playtonight, we will quadruple your salary and you will start for the restof the season" ... and then he does just that, but the coach reneges onthe promise so Anthony has a near-crying meltdown on the bench. That's every Anthony Randolphgame. I caught him once and, in the span of two hours, he made three"MY GOD!" plays and broke down on the Warriors' bench because Nelliewouldn't put him back in, followed by an assistant consoling himthrough an entire timeout like Randolphwas a third grader who got in trouble for something he didn't do, thenhad a meltdown and got kicked out of class. It was riveting. The oddsof me missing another Clips-Warriors game for the next five years are10,000-to-1.

One other thing: There hasn't been nearly enoughmade of how screwed up the Warriors are right now. Their front officeand ownership situation is a world-class mess. Their coach has been in"I'm Keith Hernandez" Mode since the 2007 Dallas upset and looks likehe's actively trying to get fired. They have two young players everyoneloves -- Randolphand Monta Ellis -- only they've been antagonized to the degree that itmight affect them long-term. In Randolph's case, how can a lottery teamnot play a talent like Randolph35 minutes a game? What the hell is going on here??? For some reason,the only media member who seems to care is Tim Kawakami. I don't getit. If I were a Warriors fan, I would be organizing protests outsidethe arena complaining about Randolph's playing time. It's insane.Imagine if Chicago was 16-50 and played Derrick Rose 10 minutes a game.Would you think that was weird? You would, right? Welcome to Anthony Randolph's world. This is the single weirdest subplot of the 2008-09 season, narrowly edging Zaza Pachulia's bacne.

now that randolph is on the knicks not a PEEP. Now he is a terrible asset or doesn't exist. it's just ridiculous at this point.

if gallo and randolph was on the bulls and the knicks had Deng, gibson, and johnson to offer who do you think the media would report has better assets?

After all that slurping Randolph got his rookie year, this is one of the few (only?) things said about him this summer from a national media source.

300402h.jpg

the Bulls definitely can offer more than the Knicks
I really need someone to explain this to me if the Bulls don't include Noah.

Cause I just don't understand it.

Knicks fans are assuming Gallo would be included in any trade.

If the Knicks are willing to include Gallo, sure, the Knicks have probably the most attractive player to offer, out of everybody.

But until we know he is available, yeah, Randolph has a ton of potential, but I think the hype exceeds what he's actually done on the court so far. And he's been dinged up.

Buike, Chandler, eh.

The Bulls can offer Deng. I think it's not worthwhile for the Nuggets, but Deng can help the Nuggets win for the time being. Gibson gives them somebody to take over for KMart. And the Bulls can include draft picks, something the Knicks can't.

Bottom line, the best way for NYK to get Melo is to sign him outright in FA.

if the bulls call denver and they say the only way you get melo is throw noah in the deal then BYE BYE noah. if the nuggets are dumb enough to take gibson over noah then thats on them.

Randolph has a ton of potential, but I think the hype exceeds what he's actually done on the court so far. And he's been dinged up
THIS

he is going on that 3rd year where after that you are who you are in the NBA. he is still all hype and raw talent with little results on the stats sheet to show he is a future star in the NBA some have labled him as.

gallo AND Randolph beats most offers in the NBA. but one of those players and that other trash wont do that.

laugh.gif

barnes been said !$%@ you to the bay when he signed with UCLA

Man, good times.  I remember making a joke a few years ago about "is that dude crying, or what's going on?"  and Warriors fans were beside themselves with hate for me that night. 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Damn man, it was an honest question too, I like the guy, I liked his game alot when he was playin.  Hell, I went out and GOT him in like 3 fantasy teams just so I could track his progress better for a while.  Then Don went all Don Nelson on him, and that was that.  But in D'Antoni's system, he could do a lot of nice things. 

Someone smart should find a way to change baseball, to basketball in Tom Hanks little rant on League of Their Own.  Then slap a pic of AR right after it.  
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I guarentee you that the Bulls will say no to the deal if Denver wants Noah meaning the Bulls more than likely won't get him. 
Sad to say, but this the same team that didn't give up Deng for Kobe. If they love Noah as much as I think they do, he's staying put damn near at all costs.

[h2][/h2]
[h2]Source: Bulls discuss Carmelo Anthony[/h2]The Chicago Bulls are interested in trading for the Denver Nuggets' Carmelo Anthony and are discussing internally including Joakim Noah as part of the deal, according to a league source.

According to the source, the Nuggets are hesitant to take back Luol Deng as part of a deal with the Bulls because Denver is leery of taking on long-term contracts with the collective bargaining agreement set to expire on June 30, 2011. Deng is two years into a six-year, $71 million contract.

Noah will make $3.1 million this season in the fourth year of his rookie deal. He would become a restricted free agent next season unless the Bulls extend his contract.

Yahoo! Sports reported Wednesday that an NBA source with knowledge of Anthony's wishes told him Anthony still hopes to convince Nuggets general manager Masai Ujiri to trade him, and he prefers a move to the New York Knicks or Bulls.

The Nuggets offered Anthony a three-year, $65 million extension through 2014, but if he rejects it, the team will have to consider trading the forward who has guided them to seven straight playoff berths.

"I think I'm going to convince him to be a Nugget," Ujiri said on Aug. 31. "No, I don't know, I can't make a judgment on that. Like I said, it's a process and until he tells me that ... we want him back, the city wants him back, ownership wants him back."

Anthony has never come out and said he wanted to be traded, however.At his basketball camp this summer, Anthony dismissed all the speculation of his impending departure from Denver:

"I've been hearing that for five years. I'm a Denver Nugget. I'm here, I'm with the Nuggets. I don't become a free agent until next year, if I decide not to take that extension."

Anthony, 26, has averaged 24.7 points per game in his career, including 28.2 last season.
Source

nerd.gif

All my guys are Stonefacing me at the thought of trading Noah for Melo!! I feel like i'm the only Bulls fan willing to do this in a heartbeat!

If ya'll are willing to give up Noah I will applaud your management. 
A 3rd team might have to be involved if Denver doesn't want to take on Deng and that could possibly be the deal breaker.

Originally Posted by ChiTownRivera07

All my guys are Stonefacing me at the thought of trading Noah for Melo!! I feel like i'm the only Bulls fan willing to do this in a heartbeat!
Who would play center for the Bulls? Noah has a good upside in the future. Then Deng wouldn't get any burn with Melo at the 3. Doesn't make any sense

Back
Top Bottom