* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Gordon is one dimensional (for the most part) but the one thing he does is important. I like Westbrook's defense and versatility but I wouldn't keep him around.
Exactly. Which is why I didn't understand the whole thing between him and OJ.
Who leading the team in scoring? I just got in.

Rudy led all scorers. A couple of nice jams and his jump shot was on today.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Gordon is one dimensional (for the most part) but the one thing he does is important. I like Westbrook's defense and versatility but I wouldn't keep him around.
Exactly. Which is why I didn't understand the whole thing between him and OJ.
Who leading the team in scoring? I just got in.
So were going to sit here and act like Gordon doesnt finish around the hole better than OJ? Okay.

as a spot up shooter gordon fits the roles much better then OJ, im not sure why its so hard to see that. OJ game is not to stand at the 3 point line and fire up shots. gordon can do that

and everything else OJ can do on the court doesnt matter since all the other guards can do that also.

O.J. is a fine spot up shooter. That's how he got a good amount of his points last season.

Only things that separated O.J. from Gordon is that Gordon probably has a tad bit more range and is better attacking the rim due to his strength and athleticism.

Spike Lee Wants Carmelo Anthony in New York

NEW YORK - When Spike Lee chose his wardrobe for Sunday's exhibition game at Madison Square Garden between Team USA and France, there was nothing random about it.

Lee selected a Team USA No. 15. jersey. That's the number Carmelo Anthony donned in helping the Americans to a 2008 Olympic gold medal and the one he wears for the Denver Nuggets.

"It wasn't haphazard," the filmmaker and No. 1 Knicks fan said in an interview with FanHouse about picking a jersey to show how much he wants Anthony to sign with New York, if he opts out of his contract and becomes a free agent next summer.

The Knicks lost out on LeBron James, the top free agent this summer who went to Miami, and settled for signing Amar'e Stoudemire. Lee is now hoping they can get Anthony, who could be next season's top free agent.

"Great. Great. Great. Great. Great. Really great," Lee said of what Anthony would mean to the Knicks. "I just hope (they can sign him). I hope so. He'd be a great addition to the team and to the franchise. "

Anthony has until June 30, 2011, to decide whether to opt out a contract that would pay him $18.5 million in 2011-12 or become a free agent. He also has until then to sign a $64.7 million contract extension offer that is on the table and would take him through 2014-15.

Speaking to reporters Saturday at his annual basketball camp in the Denver area, Anthony did not offer a lot of clues about his plans. Lee figures to try to influence him if Anthony hasn't made a decision by Dec. 12, Denver's one regular-season appearance next season in New York.

"I know him," Lee said of Anthony, a native of Brooklyn, N.Y., where Lee grew up. "We're not tight, tight. Brooklyn guys, we stick together."

As for James, Lee didn't have too much to say about him.

"We're over LeBron," Lee said. "He had to do what he had to do."

Now Anthony will do what he feels he has to do. But, even if he chooses New York, Lee won't be able to wear a No. 15 Anthony-Knicks jersey to Madison Square Garden. The team has retired that number in honor of @%#* McGuire and Earl Monroe.
lee1.jpg

laugh.gif

Miami Heat player Udonis Haslem arrested on drug charges in Miami-Dade
Miami Heat forward Udonis Haslem was stopped by the Florida Highway Patrol Sunday and drugs were found by a trooper, FHP has confirmed.
The incident began as a traffic stop somewhere in Miami, said FHP spokesman Lt. Mark Wysocky. Details were sketchy Sunday. It's unclear where Haslem was stopped or what type of drugs were found.
WSVN-Channel7 is reporting on its website Haslem has been charged with possession cannabis.
Wysocky said he was still trying to confirm the popular player had indeed been arrested and taken into custody.
He is waiting to get more details in the next few minutes.

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.co...10/08/1...#ixzz0wiPEGs8U

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

as a spot up shooter gordon fits the roles much better then OJ, im not sure why its so hard to see that. OJ game is not to stand at the 3 point line and fire up shots. gordon can do that

and everything else OJ can do on the court doesnt matter since all the other guards can do that also.
I can agree with that.
And like Nas added, OJ is a good spot up shooter (that's all our $#$%+%* playbook used him for last year
laugh.gif
 ), but Gordon does fit that role better. A lot of other things just cancelled out with OJ because they have enough guards on the team that can do the things he can also do.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

I can agree with that.
And like Nas added, OJ is a good spot up shooter (that's all our $#$%+%* playbook used him for last year
laugh.gif
 ), but Gordon does fit that role better. A lot of other things just cancelled out with OJ because they have enough guards on the team that can do the things he can also do.
eek.gif
I'm proud of you for that statement
laugh.gif

He still didn't admit anything
laugh.gif

Gordon is a superior player to OJ in every sense and in any role.

There is no reason to pick OJ on your team over Gordon for any reason.

Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan

laugh.gif

ill take OJ over Gordon any day, thats just me though.

Originally Posted by Steve Cash

laugh.gif

ill take OJ over Gordon any day, thats just me though.
Both are very similar. Gordon is just a better shooter, but i think OJ is a better all around player.

laugh.gif

O.j. Is a superior player than eg. Seriously.

O.J. Is a Superior player than EG. He can do just about everything that EG can do and his ball handling skills are far better than gordon's.

laugh.gif

That's just not true at all.

OJ is far from a bum
Both are far from "superstar" status

Both are complimentary players at best who will never ever get MVP consideration.

I feel like OJ fans hype him up as much as any player in the league.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Udonis Haslem arrested in Florida[/h1]

Associated Press

MIAMI -- Heat forward Udonis Haslem was arrested Sunday for possession of marijuana following a traffic stop in Miami-Dade County.

Haslem,30, was stopped in a 2008 Mercedes around 3:05 p.m. going eastbound onthe Gratigny Parkway because of speeding, Florida Highway Patrolspokesman Sgt. Mark Wysocky said. The trooper smelled "an odor ofmarijuana from within the vehicle," Wysocky wrote in a press release,leading to the arrest of both Haslem and passenger Antwain Fleming, 33.

2184.jpg

"After the subsequent search, Mr. Haslem and Mr. Fleming were placed under arrest," Wysocky wrote.

Accordingto Miami-Dade court records, Haslem was charged with possessing morethan 20 grams of marijuana, a third-degree felony which could bringmaximum punishments of a $5,000 fine and a five-year prison sentence.

Haslem was released on bond shortly after 10 p.m.

Besides the speeding citation, Haslem was also charged with illegal window tint, Wysocky said.

BothHaslem's agent, Henry Thomas, and Heat officials said they werecollecting information and did not have any immediate comment.

Courtrecords said Fleming was charged with possessing less than 20 grams ofmarijuana, a first-degree misdemeanor that could bring a $1,000 fineand one-year prison term.

Haslem has spent all seven of his NBAseasons with the Heat, and the South Florida native signed a newfive-year contract to stay with the team last month.

"He is ouranchor, he is a true warrior and a great professional," Heat presidentPat Riley said in July, after Haslem announced he would forgohigher-paying offers elsewhere to stay in Miami and not only continueplaying alongside Dwyane Wade, but stay to be teammates with marquee acquisitions LeBron James and Chris Bosh as well.

Duringhis NBA career, Haslem has averaged 10.0 points and 8.1 rebounds forMiami, plus helped the Heat win the 2006 NBA championship.

Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press

Link

Depends on what you want from your backcourt player, I definitely wouldn't say they are that similar.

Personally? I'd take OJ, but I've been very impressed with EG.

Eric Gordon's exceeded my expectations for where I thought he would be thus far...

I'd still take OJ though. Actually, I had OJ though
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom