* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

I want to see OKC get new uniforms (though their homes are clean).

The aways are so bland and uninspiring.

You can tell they designed the jerseys in a hurry.

Originally Posted by Mister916

Rumor has it is that the Kings are participating in Hardwood Classics this season.

would be sick if they wore these

AAAADNUCoeAAAAAAABpa5Q.jpg

There should be subtle changes coming to the Knicks jerseys.

OKC's away jerseys are some of the worst in professional sports. I like the players and the team, but don't feel as strongly for them because they're in OKC. If they would have stayed in Seattle then I'd be a much bigger fan.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

There should be subtle changes coming to the Knicks jerseys.

OKC's away jerseys are some of the worst in professional sports. I like the players and the team, but don't feel as strongly for them because they're in OKC. If they would have stayed in Seattle then I'd be a much bigger fan.

completely forgot but yes Knicks will change some things on their jerseys, i have a feeling they will look really good.

I guess im the only one who likes both Thunder jerseys. Sure they are plain but after the last 2 years they have grown on me and a few people.

Originally Posted by Steve Cash

Originally Posted by Mister916

Rumor has it is that the Kings are participating in Hardwood Classics this season.

would be sick if they wore these

AAAADNUCoeAAAAAAABpa5Q.jpg
I really liked those. Whenever i posted this uni everyone one gave me the
sick.gif

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

nba_g_payton_jordan_400.jpg

Please?

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Please?
Hmmm, I wonder what GP is about to say?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Big J 33

I personally like the thunders home and away jerseys. Bland but the colors are on point. I really wish orlando would have a new black alternate jersey. The hardwood classics are exactly that classic, but id like to see a new black jersey.

Agreed.

Last season though, they balled a great game out there, made me appreciate the jerseys a bit more.

But I hope they change it, and get a alternate in the process

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Originally Posted by CP1708

Shaq may have been better then Duncan, but Duncan is going to MAX out his career.  Every drop of it.  Can you say the same for Shaq?  Hell no you can not.  There's a reason he was swept SIX TIMES in his playoff career.  He was too lazy too many damn times in his career.  If he had the drive that others had, this would ALL be mute, MJ would be 1, and Shaq would be 2.  It's that simple.  But Shaq didn't have that.  He @#$%^& around too damn much.  So for that, I would be ok with Duncan over Shaq if people voted it that way.  I wouldn't complain at all. 

My point exactly...I can't put someone who really is as a huge underachiever as Shaq is ahead of Duncan.  Shaq should have never lost in the post Jordan era...The center's of the 90's were gone and there was  NO ONE to stop him.  Would it really have hurt Shaq to spend a couple summer improving on his free throws?  Would it have hurt Shaq spending a summer getting in shape?  Shaq could have been the GOAT imo if he had the drive to do it, but he was too into being Shaq.  Dudes a clown and always has been.  Shaw wants to make movies, Shaq wants to make movies, Shaq wants to have tv shows...It never seemed Shaq was actually that interested in basketball.  What type of message does that send to your team when its best player is the laziest one.  Sets a bad precedent.

Whether he maxed out on his talent or not you cannot argue with the fact that he was the most dominant player of our time when he played at his peak. His reign was greater than Duncan's, but Duncan was more skilled.

Kevin Durant quickly signed his contract extension this summer, at least in part because of the strong feelings he has towards his team.

"I just like Oklahoma," Durant said this week. "I didn’t want to leave my teammates. It didn’t need to take a lot of time. It was an easy decision for me."

"In most professions, the people who become amazingly special do things in a very unique way," said Mike Krzyzewski. "He wants to learn. He’s half an hour early for our morning meetings. He’s early for practices. That coupled with the talent he has, it’s a unique combination."

Via Boston Herald

[h3]Singler, others impress against Team USA  [/h3]
July, 30, 2010
Jul 30

10:20

AM ET

By Fran Fraschilla

The opportunity for some of college basketball's best players to compete against the U.S. men's national team in Las Vegas last week is another example of the continuity that is being built in USA Basketball at every level. Current NBA scoring champion Kevin Durant has been a part of the USA Basketball program for the past five years, even though he will represent the team for the first time in the FIBA World Championships in Turkey in August.

USA Basketball, as it has done with young stars like Durant in the past, put together a "scouting report team" of top college players to compete against Mike Krzyzewski's varsity squad. In addition, the select team (coach by Villanova's Jay Wright) provided the incentive for some of the players to stay involved with USA Basketball in the coming years. A number of college players took full advantage of the opportunity to compete against the pros.

These were a few of the college players who impressed me at the camp. It doesn't mean that I necessarily think these guys are all surefire NBA players, but I think they strengthened their standing with NBA scouts.

Jon Leuer, Wisconsin, 6-foot-10
Wright raved about Leuer during practice sessions and he was right on the money. Leuer has an excellent shooting touch to 20 feet and is your classic "stretch power forward" who will be murder in pick-and-pop situations. While not a bruising player, he held his own around the basket. And his length allowed him to elevate to create space for his deft stroke when he was in the paint. While Michigan State and Purdue have a number of Big Ten Player of the Year candidates on their rosters this coming season, Leuer will definitely be included on my list.

Kyle Singler, Duke, 6-9
It was weird to see Singler competing with Kevin Love out on the Cox Pavilion court since they were high school rivals four years ago.

As was the case at the LeBron James Skills Academy, Singler was the most complete player among the college players and was very comfortable competing with some great athletes. Most impressive about him is that he plays within himself and does a lot of things well, if nothing great. His shooting stroke from deep was on target in the practices I watched and it's where he will hang his hat in the NBA.

Trey Thompkins, Georgia, 6-9
Like Leuer, Thompkins is an outstanding shooter for a power forward. In fact, when he misses an open perimeter jump shot, it's a surprise. While he is not an overwhelming athlete, especially for the next level, Thompkins has the frame to become more effective inside and less one-dimensional. That one dimension -- shooting -- is a very good one, however.

Shelvin Mack, Butler, 6-2
The junior guard impressed me at the LeBron camp and picked up where he left off in Las Vegas. He was one of the few college guards who handled the relentless defensive heat that Russell Westbrook, Rajon Rondo and Derrick Rose brought during the practice sessions. Mack has the necessary size, strength and poise to someday be an NBA point guard.

Jacob Pullen, Kansas State, 6-1
While Pullen is already an outstanding college point guard, he showed his trademark bulldog-like toughness against Team USA. While he is small, he's quick and can shoot it from deep. And while the Wildcat won't make his living scoring in the lane in the NBA, he's not afraid to challenge big people in there.

JaJuan Johnson, Purdue, 6-10
Johnson made the wise move to stay in West Lafayette another season. It's obvious he is getting stronger and his jump shot has improved enough to be accurate to 17 feet. His body type will never be compared to Kurt Thomas' or Udonis Haslem's, so he's not overpowering anyone at the next level. But he is bouncy and athletic and, like his first three seasons at Purdue, has room to still keep improving.

issue-40-webber-williams.jpg

pimp.gif

This cover brings back memories of the No Limit records days back  when Master P was trying out for the Raptors they played the nuggets
   @ the air force academy. I saw Silkk The Shokker sittin in a whole area of seats by himself. This issue had an ad for the new TRU album so I flipped it open to that page was gona have P sign it after the game decided to ask Silkk to sign it also. This dumb #$# closes the mag and signs the cover
smh.gif

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Please?
Hmmm, I wonder what GP is about to say?
laugh.gif

MJ didn't want it with GP
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom