* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Originally Posted by Big J 33

I've missed the movie/tv talk moving into my new house the past few days...

To contribute, Dexter, Mad Men, Californication, Louie, are on the top of my list right now of current shows.
Hilarious.

Louie is funny as hell

Louie's picking up. The first few episodes didnt make me laugh more than once. But the past couple have been great. Especially him getting into it with the woman talking at his show
laugh.gif
"No I didnt call you the c-word, I called you a %*$$."

Originally Posted by Proshares

BTW Dirk, doing the same thing took your recommendation and started LOST all I have to say is
pimp.gif
so far.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

I got caught up on Dexter during the summer, what an awesome show.
pimp.gif

Still need to watch Season 4 though.
Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Am I the only one wondering what the hell DC is doing with SpiderMan? I don't give a god damn about SpiderMan's childhood.
indifferent.gif
I hope that *#*# FLOPS.
Originally Posted by CP1708

Paul Walker (Running Scared = very underrated movie imo, he surprised me)  
GREAT movie. The pedo scene.
eek.gif

laugh.gif
 at people catchin feelins cuz we talkin somethin else for a minute.

Be easy people, plenty gets done in this thread, it's the middle of the offseason, nothin but scrubs and old timers left to sign, when the schedule comes out next week, we'll all be back on the clock again. 

I actually liked hearin other peoples thoughts on what's good out there and what not, gives us a chance to hash things out without a ton of riff raff gettin in the way. 

Actin like we do this every day or somethin. 
smh.gif

I'm about to start kicking off a Topic of the Day every morning.
laugh.gif

Like anything worth talking about has happened today... Summer League is over. All the worthwhile FAs are signed. Nobody is trading right now. There's NOTHING to talk about.

I don't mess with all the stupidity in General so it's a much appreciated change of pace.

Not mad at all. I just don't have any real input on the shows y'all are talking about.
embarassed.gif

But I will go to the library this weekend to check out that Bill Simmons book. Oh so by tues we should know the key games...nice.
pimp.gif

Oh, but we have this to talk about:
"Chris never said anything about a trade, '' a source close to Paulsaid. "All he said is that he wants to win. He does so much in thecommunity. He hasn't built those courts around (town) for nothing. Ofcourse, he wants to be here.''
laugh.gif

Yes, that is from today. I really don't want to have to deal with this back and forth, "Will he?", "Won't he?" nonsense for the next two years.

I guess it's time to start throwing around Darren Collison trade ideas.
laugh.gif

As for the other discussion, I'm just proud of you guys for not mentioning Will Smith as one of the best actors in the business, like is often the case in General.

*wipes brow*  I almost mentioned Will in terms of his resume only. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I like that idea Dirk.  @#$% if I knew ya'll watched the same stuff I do a while ago, this thread be 400+ pages already. 
roll.gif

Monday Ima be all about Dexter (catchin up on season 4 on Sunday nights) 

KLJ, CP3 doin spin control there?  What are we to believe with all the stuff that was said prior?  He didn't come out WHILE it was all bein speculated on, so which is it do you think? 

damn more and more this smellin like a long term cp3 saga.... an aternative lebron show/spinoff if you will.... this is the new generation of the nba... star players and 2 year long sagas of where they want to end up...

Originally Posted by NobleKane

damn more and more this smellin like a long term cp3 saga.... an aternative lebron show/spinoff if you will.... this is the new generation of the nba... star players and 2 year long sagas of where they want to end up...
Given the Hornets' leverage, I don't there was ever a chance that the saga was going to end quickly. From a fan's point of view I'd like to see him with a contender, but props to them for standing firm.

[h2]Heat Dismisses About 30 Staff Members Who Sold Season Tickets[/h2]
Jul 30, 2010 6:30 PM EST

mia_40.gif
In an effort to cut costs, the Miami Heat terminated all of its staff dedicated to selling season-ticket packages for the team.

The Heat dominated this summer's NBA free agency by signing LeBron James and Chris Bosh, while retaining Dwyane Wade.

Soon thereafter, the team sold out all of its season-ticket inventory and now has a waiting list with approximately 6,000 names.

About 30 staff members were dismissed from their employment with the Heat.

Via Miami Herald

Miami Heat

Read the Full StoryDiscussSend FeedbackBuy Tickets

I guess it's a good business move but,
smh.gif

Team thats cold blooded. Hopefully all those workers made commission on all those season tickets, and can eat for the next 6months.

Originally Posted by h3at23

Modern Family & The Good Wife are the best new shows
pimp.gif

I'm down w/The Mentalist
pimp.gif
People sleeping on the new shows on CBS and MF has the perfect balance of milfs and comedy.

Back
Top Bottom