* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

The Rockets will be ok. We all thought they'd be the worst team in the league last year, and they still managed to go 42-40 with no real first option.

Now they get Yao back, along with Martin.

Pre-emptive strike coming to terms with Scola, as, the Nets were probably going to throw $ at him since they've been striking out in FA

Scola's game is fit for an old +%% man, so I expect him to play pretty much the same at 35.
laugh.gif

Good move by Orlando to match JJ. More than likely he will have a more important role this season. Duhon and JJ should be a nice little backcourt off the bench even though I don't care for Duhon.

Looks like Brewer will be in Chicago since Orlando matched. At least I hope Chicago gets him. A wingman rotation with Brewer / Korver will be a nice look.

And  wthe team isn't losing money. I do agree that the sorry +%% people in this city need to come support the team, but as dumb as it sounds we gained money over the past few seasons. The reason being was due to us being one of the teams low in cap space and even though fans weren't at the game we still sold a bunch of season tickets. During the games it doesn't look like it, but we sold plenty of tickets especially this past season. I just don't get why the fans won't come out and support.

I'm not even going to put Rudy in the Iguodala/Deng category becasue his overall game is more valued than any of those guys. We need his offensive output more than anything because no one can really stop him from scoring due to his length and athleticism. You can say now we overpaid him, but I'll wait til' this season to make that decision.

At first I wasn't for keeping him, but him and Marc are our only players in the starting unit not undersized, he is probably our best perimeter offensive player, most athletic and the fact he's been with 4 coaches in 4 seasons makes him worth keeping around. His contract won't be untradeable if he doesn't pan out like the organization wants him to.

pimp.gif
eek.gif
 if the Heat actually get Barnes...that's another shooter/defender right there.

A decent center to bang with D12 and a back-up PG and no one is seeing that team

Originally Posted by franchise3

The Rockets will be ok. We all thought they'd be the worst team in the league last year, and they still managed to go 42-40 with no real first option.
they are over paying for role players and back-ups

since when could barnes shoot? and he opt out his contract with the magic it was going to pay him 2.6 million and he thought he could get more

He'll probably end up in Miami, gotta get ready for season 2 of Basketball Wives.
laugh.gif

they kicked him and his wife off tho
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by toine2983

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

So Matt Barnes turns down $2.6 million from Orlando to go to Miami for the veteran's minimum?
ohwell.gif
Barnes turned down an offer from the Magic?

I figured he just wasn't in their plans, especially after they signed Q-Rich.

He'll probably end up in Miami, gotta get ready for season 2 of Basketball Wives.
laugh.gif
Barnes was offered $2.6 million but turned it down. Orlando then went to Q and offered him the money.

Jazz sideline reporter: You got the chance to talk to D-Will, what was the first thing he said to you?"
Al: He told me "I'm going to make you an All-Star"
pimp.gif

Scola back with the Rockets
pimp.gif
hopefully Yao is 100% ready to go. I have them right now maybe 6-8 seed in the West.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

So Matt Barnes turns down $2.6 million from Orlando to go to Miami for the veteran's minimum?
ohwell.gif

hes either gonna ring chase with miami or sign with the bulls imo now that magic have matched jj

dude isnt worth nothing but the vet minimum anyways. hes super overrated. why u think hes been on so many teams?

I dont see why Barnes would come here for the min. I would think he could get more somewhere else. But I welcome him if he decides he wants to be a part of this down here.

laugh.gif
i know, but... we have been humble for a while... then we get !%*%!$@ on just because we get lebron.... i just thought we would get some respect being how humble we are.... trust... i still think we are more humble then the other teams if they would have got these players......

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Deron is going to make Al an all-star eh?
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif

wasnt he snubbed a year or two ago and people complained that his team didnt have enough wins. If hes playing with the Jazz and Dwill i think he instantly becomes an all star next season.

Matt Barnes gone to Heat or Celtics?

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sp...s-miami-heat-boston-celtics-orlando-magic.jpg

The Orlando Magic may lose free agent Matt Barnes to NBA East rivals like the Miami Heat or Boston Celtics. (Gary W. Green, Orlando Sentinel)

Matt Barnes, who started 56 games at small forward for the Magic last season, apparently has heavy interest from two of Orlando’s main East rivals: the Miami Heat and the Boston Celtics.

Those with knowledge of the situation say Barnes is strongly considering the Heat or the Celtics, among several other teams.

The Barnes’ camp still contends that the Magic have not offered him a contract and have moved on after signing free agent guard-forward Quentin Richardson.

The defensive-minded Celtics might make more sense. Boston is looking for back-up help behind small forward Paul Pierce and at power forward behind Kevin Garnett after the retirement of Rasheed Wallace.

The Heat are crowded at the small-foward and power-forward spots.

LeBron James will start at small forward, with Mike Miller coming off the bench. Chris Bosh will be the power forward, backed by Udonis Haslem.

magic should try and sign and trade matt barnes to a team out west not named lakers or warriors. that way they get him outta their conference.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

magic should try and sign and trade matt barnes to a team out west not named lakers or warriors. that way they get him outta their conference.

They dont own his Bird rights

Back
Top Bottom