OFFICIAL: ZOOM KOBE V THREAD : UPDATE ON PG.1 RELEASE DATES

Looks like while the Lakers are out of the country, Bynum likes to rock Nikes. Specifically, Kobes...
104591849.jpg

Originally Posted by ShoeConnoisseur09

I love the low top movement. Yes, Kobe will be remembered for this. FTW Kobe, ftw.
pump your brakes...kobe fans will think that he started it, but everyone else knows that Arenas was the originator for the current NBA generation...

wink.gif

I love the low top movement. Yes, Kobe will be remembered for this. FTW Kobe, ftw.
pump your brakes...kobe fans will think that he started it, but everyone else knows that Arenas was the originator for the current NBA generation...

wink.gif

Looks like while the Lakers are out of the country, Bynum likes to rock Nikes. Specifically, Kobes...
104591849.jpg

Originally Posted by shaft

wink.gif

Wasn't Steve Nash rocking lows before Gil? I'm pretty sure there's other people as well.

Point is, The Kobe IV got rid of all the negatives most people had for Low Tops and paved the way for where the Low top stance is now.

Originally Posted by shaft

wink.gif

Bibby, Derek Anderson?

easy, guys...I said current generation. if you want to get technical, wouldn't all those guys that were in the NBA a long time ago be the first? hi-tops are a relatively new idea to the basketball shoe, no? even chuck taylors came out some time after the game was invented...unless some buzzard comes in here and says that work boots are the first hi-tops...

just saying, gil made it cool for low-tops. i will agree that the Kobe's took the stigma off that was placed during the 90's-early 00'...

Originally Posted by blackcat23mj

arenas didnt get people to wear low tops...kobe did....debated ended.
what about all the people that bought his low top adidas?

i swear some of you are straight kobe stans.
30t6p3b.gif

Apparently they didn't buy enough of his low-top adidas or he wouldn't have been dropped but it is the kobe v thread so most people in here will like kobe or his shoes or else they wouldn't bother coming into the thread

Liking thos BS homes pictured earlier...Nice pick up....

Are you gonna wear them? Seems like I haven't seen anyone rock a pair of BS homes or aways......

Originally Posted by DownyBoy

30t6p3b.gif
ok compare that to how many people are rocking kobes...please get your facts straight...im not saying people didnt wear gils but im sure you see more kobes on the court AND on the streets than you did adidas gil zeros.  that was my point smart guy
indifferent.gif

you show me number of units sold compared to kobes (last time i checked i didnt see a dedicated thread for gil zeros and people raving about them being low tops).....check mate

Originally Posted by DownyBoy

30t6p3b.gif

and how many people was that exactly?
roll.gif
roll.gif

im sure most people who bought they didnt even know they were Arenas sig shoes. Those sat in stores for god knows how long, they had them on sale at Finishline for $29.99 and they currently still have them at Dunhams by my house for $40.00.

kobe V wolf greys available at Sheikhs...will wait for it to go on sale in a months time...ontario mills has them, im not sure if other sheiks have them.

Originally Posted by jadams003

Gil been rocking lows since Grant days, even before that!!!

everyone knows gil does but kobe changed the way people thought about wearing lows for bball....not gil, bibby...no one else but kobe thats the point from the original poster.

no one said kobe was the first to wear lows because we could go down a long list for that....but no has influenced the general population to say hey you can wear low tops for bball, gil didnt convince no one to wear low tops but himself
roll.gif

Kobe pretty much set the trend for fans and ball players. Ive never seen so many people wear Kobe IV's ever. When i bought my pair of inlines i expected to see a pair or two thats it, just like how it was with my Kobe 1's but that wasnt it at all. I went to 3 different gyms during that time and half the players on the court had Kobe IV's seriously. With the V's even more people bought them and multiple pairs too. I know at least 4 guys i ball with that have atleast 3 pairs of V's that they rotate to ball in.

anyways the V's arent just popular because they are lows but they look good and perform amazing. They are easily the best basketball shoes ive ever played with and ive played in most Nike shoes.

Originally Posted by Steve Cash

Kobe pretty much set the trend for fans and ball players. Ive never seen so many people wear Kobe IV's ever. When i bought my pair of inlines i expected to see a pair or two thats it, just like how it was with my Kobe 1's but that wasnt it at all. I went to 3 different gyms during that time and half the players on the court had Kobe IV's seriously. With the V's even more people bought them and multiple pairs too. I know at least 4 guys i ball with that have atleast 3 pairs of V's that they rotate to ball in.

anyways the V's arent just popular because they are lows but they look good and perform amazing. They are easily the best basketball shoes ive ever played with and ive played in most Nike shoes.
agreed. played in jordans, adidas, but the kobe v. it's just amazing. it just is. GREAT court feel.
i think consistency and championships matter. kobe's consistently the best. so his shoes are magnified. .02

Back
Top Bottom