OFFICIAL : Zoom Kobe V (5) thread - Ace launch on 3/6

Originally Posted by trunkz550

Out of all the cw's released I like the chaos the best. That lime green kills it for me. Missed out on the DK's again but its all good I was at church. Hopefully I'll be blessed w/ the next released.

lol. you finally coming around G...

Originally Posted by abernja

Well I played in my V-days tonight. I played a bit "nervous" the whole night just cuz I'm not used to a low cut basketball shoes. I wore two socks with mine. They fit snug but not too tight. Everything was stable and the traction was just fine for me.
i am actually trying to land wrong on purpose but i land stable/straight on my foot.
grin.gif
 No JOKE tho....

if yall have your pair on or next to you, try to put your foot to the side and stand up... the shoe will fall back on its bottom.
pimp.gif

After reading the reviews on the Kobe V's I wanted to get my hands on a pair to try them out for ballin.  So this weekend I was busy making moves.  Picked up some ASG's from craigslist on Friday and to my surprise there was a lone pair of Chaos' at the Nike outlet on Saturday for $99 so I picked those up as well!  Haven't gone to the gym yet to try them out but will be soon...  Now searching for some DK or BL in a 10.5 or 11, if u guys got em let me know I want a pair...

Here's some pics:

28wl2rl.jpg

2vdh34w.jpg

whf9r6.jpg

sorry for the HUMONGOUS PICS!

Originally Posted by DNeou20

yo^^ where'd you get those laces?

i actually had these layin around as an extra set for my black/neon twilights, i just experimented on it and am very happy with the way it turned out!

Originally Posted by abstractability

Chaos for only $100?!?! Where?
nerd.gif
It was at a local mall here in the Bay Area (Great Mall).  I was actually at the mall in the hunt for some DK at shiekhs but found these instead...  

^those laces looks really good on the chaos. i wonder what would it look like with white laces?

Shaun:

Glad you changed your mind, you wont regret buying them as opposed to you would regret not buying them

smile.gif

They're gorgeous

lol

^ the laces on those Chaos' look good for real.

Inlines and Del Sols are a MUST for me.

I'm going to turn to eBay and pay $200+ for some DKs.... Need those
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Jgh0st23

Dang great mall had them? You got the only pair?

Yup it was the only pair!  It was by the cash register.  I didn't even noticed it, my girl did and I was like $#*, and scooped em up!  It was a size 11 and I usually hate buying pairs that aren't 10.5 but these actually fit better than my 10.5 ASG...

Originally Posted by V1nsanity3

Shaun:

Glad you changed your mind, you wont regret buying them as opposed to you would regret not buying them

smile.gif

They're gorgeous

lol
see thats the problem too...these Vs have too many colorways already that I dont want to "regret" passing on...that damn V-Day pair is another one. Im really hoping they stick around long enough to go on sale.

and Adrain...change your avy back homie 
grin.gif

waahahah.. I might be moving away from this glorious state so I need to soak it all in as much as possible. I better get some help from future socal releases from the fam cuz the potential move is not very shoe-friendly.......

Originally Posted by cbfpunch

you guys that are complaining/worried about traction or having them hurt your arch:
traction = just keep playing in them and they'll get better. i've yet to run into traction problems playing on dusty tiles and hardwood.
arch = you're tying your shoes too tight. untie them them and tie them snugly, not tightly.
thanks mate, ill try this... i think you might be right!

Originally Posted by ZombieJesus12

Originally Posted by jcskyplaya20

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

My buddy had bad issues with the traction on these and i'm very hesitant now considering all i've heard about the bad traction.

i've found the traction to be great IMO, but we just had our floor re-done.  Maybe not so much on a dusty floor.... how are the conditions your buddy is playing in?

I've heard some problems with the traction.... but I've never had any, never even come close to slipping or feeling less than 100% stable with these on.. it's just noise. The Vs are perfect on court

it's not just noise...i had problems with the traction as well...and i was ballin in them for a few weeks hoping they would break in a little bit...went back to the iv's though for ballin...i use the v's to train in though...traction feels better outdoors then it does for me on hardwood...sad because zoom kills lunar foam

anyone try putting the v-day laces on the chaos??? the white and speckled reds would SORT OF match the white and speckled souls?? (a sign that I am too lazy = both pairs are sitting in the closet and I am too lazy to get up and try it out myself
smile.gif
)

Back
Top Bottom