OFFICIAL : Zoom Kobe V (5) thread - Ace launch on 3/6

Found out today the footlocker by me (Seattle area) is getting chaos Vs. Im not planning on getting them, I'll be out of town anyways for the release, butit's cool to know they're getting some HOH stuff. they had Ben Gordan Hyperizes too
On a side note, I rocked my Aways when I went in there and the manager was like
eek.gif

zoom-kobe-v-ylwblk-m-1m-570x427.jpg

These will most likely be insta-copped for me, and I barely buy shoes full-price anymore. My only reservation is that they look so much better in these picsthan in the stock photo. Hope the stock is just bad lighting or something, because the way the upper looks in that one is so-so.

Originally Posted by never wear them

if only Kobe started the season with the ZKVs......... smh... Many highlights already.... just found out Kobe hit another buzzard shot...

It's an early season, there will be more great highlights to come this season.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by never wear them

if only Kobe started the season with the ZKVs......... smh... Many highlights already.... just found out Kobe hit another buzzard shot...

Like one of these?

gun.jpg
Buzzard2.jpg

^^^
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

On another note ... KBV dissected (seamless heat-bonded flywire shell, neoprene and mesh sub-layer, heel anchor, heel and forefoot zoom air bags, and midsoleand outsole):

kobev-deconstructed-12.jpg

kobev-deconstructed-1.jpg

kobev-deconstructed-2.jpg

kobev-deconstructed-3.jpg

kobev-deconstructed-4.jpg

kobev-deconstructed-5.jpg

kobev-deconstructed-6.jpg

kobev-deconstructed-7.jpg

kobev-deconstructed-8.jpg

kobev-deconstructed-9.jpg

kobev-deconstructed-10.jpg

kobev-deconstructed-11.jpg

kobev-deconstructed-13.jpg

kobev-deconstructed-15.jpg

Originally Posted by heelntoe wit my nyks

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Originally Posted by Gggggas

Originally Posted by al3x89

So is the 15mm zoom going to make the shoe more durable and comfortable? Or what...

what's the advantage of having pretty much double of what the IV's have, cause the IV's are the comfiest shoes IMO.
The thickness of the bag is what Matt and Eric found appropriate after all those tests and analyzes during the whole process. The 15mm zoom bag is definitely better against forces and surely feels much better. It would surely hold up a lot longer too and bigger guys will definitely appreciate it
tongue.gif

What I really think is that the reason they put such a thick bag was just something they could do considering the fact that after all these tests they surely ended up with the proper height the shoe should have in order to be perfect against all kind of forces(check the high speed vid on one of the videos). Thus what they could do better was to bring the zoom closer to the ground. I know you are thinking about the bottom loaded zoom now but they couldn't do that for some reasons
tongue.gif
So they ended up putting the bag just on 3mm foam over the outsole rubber
wink.gif
So the height of the midsole is 18mm on the heel and 10mm on the forefoot(2mm of foam under the forefoot zoom bag).
The IV's midsole is thicker both on the heel and forefoot. They did all the tests on those too but they just didn't go after the limits
tongue.gif
So what they did was to put more foam and place the zoom bag at just 8mm under the surface of the heel foam as well as the lunar foam on the forefoot. There is plenty of foam under but since Kobe wanted a lighter shoe they just had to push the limits
wink.gif
In fact, the results of the midsole process are for sure Kobe's request translated by those guys.
I think I covered you and please correct me if I'm wrong
smile.gif

Yeah great answer. That definitely seems to make sense. This shoe has me super excited to actually play basketball in! Just the videos about the ZKVs. You can tell they really only care about performance as opposed to watching the LBJ VII videos it seems like they are more into style. Lebron says in the videos the first thing he cares about is how they look while Kobe cares about how they perform.

I guess it just depends on what you want them for. I want mine more for basketball but it doesnt hurt that they look good too.
Yet Kobes not only perform better but look better. If the best LBVII release available is the Red Carpets the LeBron line is going down in flames.

ZKV ID ready for purchase. Anyone happen to have news on availability? I hope it's not this 24 per day non-sense.....I'm suppose I'm being impatient.

i had a ZKV id in my cart, i called customer service, they said it would be cancelled if ordered before the release date...

Originally Posted by DFABIX

Originally Posted by blahzee

kej9yw.jpg

how much does that equate to in US currency?
and they still have the four rings available?

If that's Japanese yen. Which it looks like, it equals 209 and some change us currency With shipping overseas you wouldn't be getting a deal on the 4rings. You can find them for 180 shipped on the bay

i'm having some doubts with the chaos, i need convincing to buy them haha i just can't see myself wearing them..... if only it had less green and morepurple...

they gave out tshirts for my rec league that has a logo on the back just that Chaos green color.....might change my mind into getting them.

well damn now i can't decide on whether i want to get the chaos or the aways. it's one or the other for me.

Originally Posted by jmizzo

they gave out tshirts for my rec league that has a logo on the back just that Chaos green color.....might change my mind into getting them.

Any pictures?

yeah lj12 I really cant seemyself wearing them on the court. I think I'll wait a week or two and get the Aways. 2 weeks usually isn that long around the holidays anyways.

Are the Aways gonna be a firm Jan 16th release like Jordans or is it a soft release date like Lebrons.

Back
Top Bottom