Which next gen Xbox will you purchase

• Xbox Series X

Votes: 130 78.8%
  • Xbox Series S

Votes: 28 17.0%
  • Both

Votes: 7 4.2%

• Total voters
I know MS prob hurt that they can’t really advertise High on Life more. Being able to say here’s 2 highly liked games in back to back months and on gamepass would be big

Xbox issue is that they have a bunch of AAA games they announced years ago, that are seemingly still years away
Yea tbh Bethesda and obsidian are really saving their butts. Cause stuff like fable, everwild, state of decay 3 ain’t till late 2024 at the earliest

I had to download Hi Fi Rush to get that stylish action game fix. Not enough of those these days

Also redfall looks cool. Since they said it was basically far cry, I’m way more interested than a horde shooter. Far cry is a guilty pleasure of mine.

Next few months are lining up pretty nicely

Feb- Hogwarts
March- fallen order sequel
May- redfall

2C093D71-B574-475E-BEB4-70DA0706E301.jpeg

-343 lost 95 people. That is like 20% of the staff
-Halo franchise switching to Unreal for next game by Certain Affinity, and probably future games (I would think ID Tech would be a option they looked at but recruiting for Unreal will be easier)
-No active development on single-player content (they weren't working on Infinite DLC when layoffs happened)
-343 focusing on Infinite multiplayer for the time being

You'd think ms would make a better current/next gen engine. I mean they got the funds no?
I think this is fundament mismanagement

Id Software has a dedicated engine team in Germany

Infinity Ward has one in Poland

Bungie hired a **** ton of programmers (hundreds) because their engine was a mess too

Respawn has one in Canada

Management had 343 build a new engine (heavily modified the old one) with contractors

Last edited:
You'd think ms would make a better current/next gen engine. I mean they got the funds no?
The issue is, slipspace is a proprietary engine and 343 has a policy of only keep contractors for 18 months. So by the time you train new employees in the engine, they only gonna have like a year before they are gone.

Unreal is more widely used and you don’t need to train new hires every time you hire them. So it’s just a better pipeline for getting things done more efficiently

Ahhh here comes antidope antidope to troll
False. It blows my mind how these idiots continue to fumble this. I feel bad for yall, I really do.

Today is my first time hearing about this. Thats how checked out of Halo I am. It was one thing to watch them just break the Halo triangle and try to shoehorn a bunch of nonsense into it to make it this way, but over the years its become obvious that they have zero idea what they're doing at all with this franchise on any level. It is a shame.

I think we can all agree there. This used to be my favourite franchise. They killed it for me and they're killing it for you guys too. I am not happy about it. I don't like being right about this.

I have no faith that they can turn it around, they clearly don't care. But for your and everyone who still cares sake, I hope they do.

False. It blows my mind how these idiots continue to fumble this. I feel bad for yall, I really do.

Today is my first time hearing about this. Thats how checked out of Halo I am. It was one thing to watch them just break the Halo triangle and try to shoehorn a bunch of nonsense into it to make it this way, but over the years its become obvious that they have zero idea what they're doing at all with this franchise on any level. It is a shame.

I think we can all agree there. This used to be my favourite franchise. They killed it for me and they're killing it for you guys too. I am not happy about it. I don't like being right about this.

I have no faith that they can turn it around, they clearly don't care. But for your and everyone who still cares sake, I hope they do.
The gameplay is not the issue with Halo Infinite. Whether you like it or not, it was generally well received

It is the game engine being hard to work with, which in turn is slowing down content

The employees at seem to care a lot about delivering a good game, but their management screwed them. Ones that left have been complaining about MS's contractor policies screwing them over, having to deal with a buggy game engine, and in the end 95 of them just lost their jobs. Mainly devs didn't even have anything to do with the multiplayer.

So this is why I have little patience with your post. Regular people worked hard on a project, upper management screwed them over with their production decisions, and somehow they are idiots, people losing their jobs (including someone who is a friend of mine) because of corporate mismanagement is something to laugh at :rolleyes

And you are not right about ****

The gameplay is not the issue with Halo Infinite

It is the game engine being hard to work with, which in turn is slowing down content

The employees at 343 care. Ones that left have been complaining about MS's contractor policies screwing them over, and 95 of them just lost their jobs.

So this is why I have little patience with your post. Regular people worked hard on a project, upper management screwed them over with their production decisions, and somehow they are idiots
I am referring to the decision-makers, not the game itself. I already have accepted that old Halo is dead, I want the new game to thrive for your sake. I have no qualms with how the game plays cause I don't play.

I let that gripe go already trust me. It'll never go back to what I want it to be. But how is anything going wrong up there? How is MS letting their biggest IP, the reason we have an Xbox still the first place fail in any aspect? It's nuts. It's truly ungrateful on their end. This game should have an infinite budget. This franchise doesn't happen and Xbox doesn't even make it to a second gen. Its just a less cool PlayStation that dies.

But they can fix it, they can fix it all. Pretty simple honestly:
  • Make Halo 3 Anniversary
  • Change ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT how the game plays
  • It will print money, and create a whole new set of goodwill on both sides of the fanbase for them to fix whatever is going on up there
They shouldn't be making mistakes at all up there. The table was set for them already it's ridiculous how anyone is allowing this.

To be clear... Not happy that regular people got fired.

Halo 3 Anniversary with save Halo, it is that simple :rolleyes

Don't fix the contractor issues, don't fix the game engine issues, and forget the fact that most Xbox users get games through GamePass now so there is the question of monetization, just re-release Halo 3 :smh: :lol:

I know you think you are giving a serious answer, but you really aren't

Halo 3 Anniversary with save Halo, it is that simple :rolleyes

Don't fix the contractor issues, don't fix the game engine issues, and forget the fact that most Xbox users get games through GamePass now so there is the question of monetization, just re-release Halo 3 :smh: :lol:

I know you think you are giving a serious answer, but you really aren't

I think buying some goodwill for a brief period and then plowing money into fixing it is a good idea though. IDK how it isn't. Its not about it being H3, its about it being the biggest game in the history of the franchise. If it was H2 I would have said H2. People eat up fan service stuff. Thats all.

I will accept that you are more tuned into this than I am, and accept that my answer may not really be a fix. Its wild that people get most their games through gamepass, gamepass sucks lowkey.

Back
Top Bottom